Home

Old 02-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #13857
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I wouldn't say he no doubt would have won, but he was the most dominant player in the league.

I expected the difference in votes between the two to only be 1-2 votes in all honesty, and I'm a Packer fan.
The voting disparity didn't surprise me, because the consensus idea is that if you don't make the playoffs you weren't that valuable. Not that I necessarily agree in all cases, but I don't necessarily disagree either, it really depends.

Some people point to O.J. winning in '73 on a non-playoff team, but doing something never done before that was considered impossible and doing it in only 14 games; the magnitude of that was such that it had to feel impossible for the voters not to vote O.J. for the award. For as good as Watt's season was, I don't think it quite stacks up to that kind of year where it could overcome the non-playoff situation.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #13858
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Watt was the best player in football, hands down. He demonstrated that in every way a defensive player possibly can. He would've won had the Texans made the playoffs.

Spoiler
Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 AM   #13859
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Congratulations to Aaron Rodgers on his second MVQB.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #13860
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Without Watt, the Texans are what? A 5 win team?

I think if they made the playoffs being a big swing factor is complete bull****. Because his TEAM wasn't good enough, he's punished. Meanwhile, he practically won them multiple games himself.

He, relative to position, is the most valuable player in the league. You know it when people would take him, a defensive player, over all time greats like Manning, Brady, and Brees if they were forming a team. That's insane!

This basically just solidified the NFL MVP as always going to a QB or a RB who rushed for 2000 yards. It's almost impossible to have a season better then the one Watt just had.

I will say, Houston having 4 sacks the last game and ending with 22 took a slight bit of shine off Watt's season. It left the door open to the fact that someone else did something just that much better then him this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-01-2015, 08:06 AM   #13861
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'd say the Packers would be worse without Rodgers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #13862
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

My thing with Watt is that all the offensive candidates played on top 5 offenses and were a huge reason in why they were too 5. Watt was only able to elevate the Houston defense to middle of the pack by a lot of metrics and obviously they didn't make the playoffs either. It's hard to really know how many games they win without him considering their defense wasn't that great even with him.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 02-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #13863
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I wouldn't say he no doubt would have won, but he was the most dominant player in the league.

I expected the difference in votes between the two to only be 1-2 votes in all honesty, and I'm a Packer fan.
I figured they'd be co-MVPs.

Can't make a case why Watt shouldn't get it or can't make a case why Rodgers shouldn't get it so why not just give to both of them?

And why exactly did Bobby Wagner get a vote again? Classic case of someone voting just to be "different" from everyone else for no reason. But then again, there are idiots out here that actually believe we'd be better or still be as good without Rodgers so I'm not surprised.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 02-01-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #13864
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55

Spoiler
Yeah, that was brutal. I was impressed by how slippery Romo was there. Romo really impressed me this year. The man just flat out got it done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »