Home

Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who wins
Denver Broncos 46 56.79%
Seattle Seahawks 35 43.21%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #41
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Super Bowl XLVIII: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
What's interesting about that, though, is the fact that in terms of percentages, the Hawks don't spend that much time in the Nickel/Dime. In fact, they are perfectly fine with leaving their two Pro Bowl safeties out on an island, if need be.

And as you saw today, it doesn't negatively affect them very often...
So they plan to put a linebacker on Welker/Thomas every down? I can see Wagner covering JThomas pretty well. Peyton is the master of adjustments and will maximize every mismatch and coverage the defense throws at him. If they put one of their safeties in man, Peyton isn't afraid to thread the needle; Demaryius is faster than Sherman and his cockiness could come back and bite him.
Lebron James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

here is the accuweather forecast right now, small chance for snow or rain

http://willitsnow.com/?utm_source=ad...ign=willitsnow
Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
When Seattle has the nickel/dime package out on the field to cover Welker and Thomas with corners instead of linebackers, they're just going to hand the ball off to Moreno or expose those backups with their route running. Manning threw for 5477 yards for a reason. Those guys can play, but I'm doubtful that they can play at the same level the Broncos offense plays at.
Statistically, Seattle had arguably the best pass defense in league history in 2013. Seattle's MO this year has been to completely dismantle/embarrass the opposing team's passing game, which is what they did to the Saints twice, the best passing team they faced this year.

So yeah, I think they can play with Denver. I would be surprised to see Denver score over 30 points.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 AM   #44

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Statistically, Seattle had arguably the best pass defense in league history in 2013. Seattle's MO this year has been to completely dismantle/embarrass the opposing team's passing game, which is what they did to the Saints twice, the best passing team they faced this year.

So yeah, I think they can play with Denver. I would be surprised to see Denver score over 30 points.
Thats not a fair comparison, New Orleans doesnt have nearly the weapons at WR that Denver has and New Orleans is notorious for playing like trash away from New Orleans outdoors. I also would be surprised to see Denver score over 30 but thats more because I think Seattle will really pound Lynch and maximize TOP to limit the chances Peyton has and less about them shutting him down completely.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:25 AM   #45
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
So they plan to put a linebacker on Welker/Thomas every down? I can see Wagner covering JThomas pretty well. Peyton is the master of adjustments and will maximize every mismatch and coverage the defense throws at him. If they put one of their safeties in man, Peyton isn't afraid to thread the needle; Demaryius is faster than Sherman and his cockiness could come back and bite him.
Sounds like wishful thinking.

Did you watch the earlier game today? There were a few duck passes that the Patriots defenders had a clear, easy shot at intercepting if they had just turned to play the damn ball. Manning is the GOAT, no doubt... but, he also beat a team with one good CB, who got hurt before halftime. If Manning throws those ducks against the LOB, he won't stand a chance. This isn't like Jets, who had Revis, then everyone else; there is depth at every position on defense for the Hawks.

This won't be no Sunday stroll for Peyton...

Last edited by jWILL253; 01-20-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 12:30 AM   #46

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Sounds like wishful thinking.

Did you watch the earlier game today? There were a few duck passes that the Patriots defenders had a clear, easy shot at intercepting if the had just turned to play the damn ball. Manning is the GOAT, no doubt... but, he also beat a team with one good CB, who got hurt before halftime. If Manning throws those ducks against the LOB, he won't stand a chance. This isn't like Jets, who had Revis, then everyone else; there is depth at every position on defense for the Hawks.

This won't be no Sunday stroll for Peyton...
I would be really curious to see some stats regarding how Peyton does against man and against zone coverage. For some reason I keep thinking that the best way to confuse and get to Peyton is through exotic zone coverages and that he does better against straight man but I'd be curious to see if those stats exist and how they look. I bring it up since Seattle plays man press a lot, more then most teams I'm guessing, which bleeds into my question.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #47
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I really think the key will be whether or not Avril, Bennett, Clemons etc. can put pressure on Peyton.

Bump and run + defensive line pressure = Tough throws in traffic.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #48
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I really think the key will be whether or not Avril, Bennett, Clemons etc. can put pressure on Peyton.

Bump and run + defensive line pressure = Tough throws in traffic.
Tough coverage on quick passes in traffic as well.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »