Home

Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

This is a discussion on Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
re: Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
I'm trying keep expectations down, but the willingness of the city of Seattle, as well as the potential new owners offering $50M more for the Yotes (with $0 being borrowed from the NHL), has me letting optimism creep in.
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
The NHL and Glendale will probably find a way to postpone this for another decade.

Glendale is a terrible hockey market. It'll never be any better than it is right now.
But the NHL is hellbent on keeping them there.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #34
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
As some have said I think Seattle would be an excellent city for hockey. I'm hoping they get a team soon along with a basketball team.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Right now, I'm thinking the team stays in Glendale one last year and has a season next year that is not unlike the Expos last year in Montreal.

Which was the most painful thing ever for an Expos fan.

So even though I'd like them to move to QC (to rekindle the Habs / Nords rivalry), I feel for Coyotes fans if this happens. Absolute crummy way to go out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #36
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

The big push for Glendale was to get an agreement with the prospective new Coyotes owners prior to the NHL BoG meeting this Thursday. The city council basically punted and won't discuss the issue again until Friday.

Quote:
@PaulGiblinAriz: The #Glendale council wants more from the prospective #Coyotes owners. Another private council meeting is set for Friday
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

And I remember that presser before the finals where the NHL said they would see where they were at with the Phoenix situation at that BOG meeting...

Thursday will be a big day for 3 different sports cities... at this point I give the edge to the team moving and as far as the destination goes, the heart says QC but the mind thinks that the NHL won't pass on getting a foothold in Seattle before the NBA comes back, no matter the problems with Key Arena.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

July 2nd vote:
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/nhl/...99&feedID=3545

Quote:
With Renaissance out of the picture, less than two days before the NHL Board of Governors was due to meet, the fate of the Phoenix Coyotes was sealed. NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was told it was time for Plan B – whatever that might be.

Then the Coyotes ownership saga did what it always does: It veered in another direction.

Somehow, in the last hours of Tuesday and the wee hours of Wednesday morning, everything changed. The deal gained new life, its supporters decided to give it one more go and on Wednesday morning, the deal points were being prepared for release to the public.

Sources told FOX Sports Arizona on Wednesday that council member Gary Sherwood and Vice Mayor Yvonne Knaack will force a vote on the deal on July 2, a tactic that is well within their rights. Four yes votes are required for passage in what is believed to a make-or-break vote for the team's future in Glendale.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #39
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

So tired of this soap opera, wish the league would just relate them to a market they don't have to go through this every offseason.

Here's to hoping the vote fails and it's off to Seattle but based off how it goes every year I'm guessing they get the votes and we'll be back at it next offseason.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #40
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I've heard that one of the reasons Glendale city council is dawdling around with this is that they KNOW Seattle wouldn't be ready for next year so in essence they can do dick all and the league will probably have to own the team for ANOTHER season.

This is akin to torturing someone (the Coyotes franchise) to the brink of death, nursing them back to something resembling health then torturing them all over again.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »