Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

Agreed. My issue with 09 was the unrealistic club distances. I would love to see it maxed out at the PGA Tour averages. Seemed like people would outhit the course and there was little challenge to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
Agreed. My issue with 09 was the unrealistic club distances. I would love to see it maxed out at the PGA Tour averages. Seemed like people would outhit the course and there was little challenge to it.
That would be GREAT!! Thatsone thing that would keep the game challenging especially online!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
at least in tour mode.

Don't forget, tiger is purchased by a million people that only buy it to shoot in the 50's and hit 400yd drives.

they'll be pissed if it changes to something they can't brag about.

Me. I want a sim.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #28
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Tiger has been a disappointing game on about every level for the past decade. I don't see it coming together this year with an even shorter than normal dev cycle.

I hate the gimmicks and so far that is all I see out of these previews. Drama, presentation, weather....how about fixing the fundamentally broken game underneath first.

I think this series would benefit from the same type of split EA made to the NFS series. Let one Tiger go all arcade and the other go sim. Then you have two larger audiences to appeal to rather than awkwardly straddling the the middle ground because that is making nobody happy.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Tiger has been a disappointing game on about every level for the past decade. I don't see it coming together this year with an even shorter than normal dev cycle.

I hate the gimmicks and so far that is all I see out of these previews. Drama, presentation, weather....how about fixing the fundamentally broken game underneath first.

I think this series would benefit from the same type of split EA made to the NFS series. Let one Tiger go all arcade and the other go sim. Then you have two larger audiences to appeal to rather than awkwardly straddling the the middle ground because that is making nobody happy.
I totally agree 200%! Fix the actual GOLF aspect of the game, then worry about the fluff
Old 03-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 24

Wasn't the rubberband AI fixed last year?. I didn't play the game last year but I thought I read that somewhere. I sure hope so because that is a gamekiller for tour mode.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
From what I saw and played, club distances have been fixed to realistic distances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Wasn't the rubberband AI fixed last year?
I don't know about "fixed" per se, but TW09 was definitely improved over the ridiculous AI in TW08. I know because I played a pretty good amount of PGA TOUR season mode and it was much better than 08....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »