Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #25
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
wow. leadership 101--blame everyone else for every problem. How many times in that interview did he mention they got the game late, they didn't get full time with it, its someone elses fault it stunk,etc? Thats the head guy? This is the "leader 2k sports put their mlb franchise behind? Im sorry, but the guy needs to go to some classes or something. the excuses, regardless if they are factual or not, are pointless at this point. I'm telling you guys, just from, his answers and attitude, dont expect much from this game.

I know im going off a bit for no reason, but it angers me that these dudes are in this position and cant even man up. I want a dude running things who stands up and says "we have faultered in the past, but we cant sit here and dwell, we have to move forward. from here on out, its on me. Next question.
Jerry Manuel is busy.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #26
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Robinson: How many seasons can you play in My Player? Is there a draft? Bishop: You play 15 seasons, but there isn't a draft. When you start out, we wanted to give you some flexibility with your career, so when you create your player, you can select what team you want to play on.

----------------------------------------------------------

Why only 15 years? Seems too short. You get called up at 23 and are forced to retire at 38? Maybe you're sitting at 2,950 hits or 745 HR's 0r 295 wins and you're just done. Seems like a bad idea to even put a cap on it, and a horrible one to make it that short.

Completely mind boggling.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Why only 15 years? Seems too short. You get called up at 23 and are forced to retire at 38? Maybe you're sitting at 2,950 hits or 745 HR's 0r 295 wins and you're just done. Seems like a bad idea to even put a cap on it, and a horrible one to make it that short.

I found a 15 year limit odd too.. I don't think it'll be much of a problem, but it's just strange to limit a MLB career to one set number.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Yeah, in practise Bishop's philosophy is when you're ahead in the count lay off, when you're behind use the defensive swing to stay alive. Call it simulation.....
My only hope now is that they kept the check swing in classic hitting (A button).
I thought its used more for like say the pitcher is pounding in your cold area. You defensive swing a pitch until you get a pitch you like, strike out or walk. I have seen Manny Ramirez do this just about every at bat. You pitch him something he doesnt like, he will just foul it off until you mess up or he does.

People are so quick to jump the gun on things.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow, so 2K admits that MLB 2K9 was garbage 10 months after release and they were fully aware of that. I know its not likely, or logical, but 2K should offer some type of discount for those that ordered 2K9 directly from them. Hell, I still have my copy from Gamestop, but would vouch for those that ordered from 2K to receive some compensation.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #30
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I thought its used more for like say the pitcher is pounding in your cold area. You defensive swing a pitch until you get a pitch you like, strike out or walk. I have seen Manny Ramirez do this just about every at bat. You pitch him something he doesnt like, he will just foul it off until you mess up or he does.

People are so quick to jump the gun on things.

And I seen him check his swing every at bat. And every player in the game is not Manny Ramirez. So to do it with every player, and all or nothing approach is redundant. Especially when you cant check your swing on a suspenseful borderline walk or strike out.

And he isn't so super that he is fouling off pitches till he likes one, most are ones he is trying to smash and just missing solid contact. Having it separate is a band aide in a flawed hitting system IMO. Fouling off defensively should be in the regular swing button.

MLB players don't have the magic defensive swing button.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-26-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #31
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11

I agree, this mode is about making yourself a star, I don't normally see stars retire at the age of 33(assuming you make your player 18 at the beginning). Makes no sense, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #32
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Did anyone notice in the Upton pic that the bat is still in the batters box when he crossed the plate?
I'm trying to find out what's wrong with this. I've had times where I'm on third and on a base hit I cross the plate only to have to move the bat in case there's a play at the plate for the runner behind me. What do you guys do, throw your bats at your dugout?

I just think as long as there are different kinds of bat drops and tosses, it won't be too bad.

EDIT: But I did notice a little redundancy in one of Ben's answers:

Quote:
We'll start with batting. For one, the camera has been adjusted to give you a better perspective on the pitches as they're coming in. It's fairly subtle, but it turns out to be a significant difference. It just feels like you have a much better eye for pitches as they're coming in. The new view has you looking a little more up and it gives you a better sense of what is coming off of the pitcher's hand.

And uh... wouldn't it have been easier for him to say this?

Quote:
... and if you're like me and you have the tendency to swing at every pitch, we have a check-swing option within the control scheme to hold back on those low curveballs in the dirt.
Doesn't take a whole new feature to help out with our swinging at every pitch.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-26-2010 at 11:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »