Home

NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 13 Webcast Starting Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

I believe the exact quote was, "We spent more time working on AI this year than we did in the three previous years combined."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
if they want to really speed things up, they could get rid of all replays that are not goals in online modes. also get rid of the 30 second intermissions.

then they could add getting kicked out of faceoffs!! by removing the above and adding this it would even out time wise.
Bingo.

If they want to speed up the online experience, all they have to do is take out those annoying cut-scenes that pop up after every single stoppage in play.

Also, they should completely disable pausing during online games. Imagine if in a game like Call of Duty or Halo, the entire session came to a halt and just stopped for everyone because one guy hits pause; there would be riots online!

Last edited by jyoung; 05-28-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

And dear god I hope they get rid of that ridiculous "double ping" noise off the pipe.

It seemed like every other goal that went in off the pipe, it made a sound like it hit off two pipes even though it didn't. Just one of those things that annoyed me about the game, lol.

Also, I think in general the ping of the puck off the pipe shouldn't be as loud as it is.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 05-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I like what I saw for sure, can't wait to see a game in play.

It's going to look totally different as far as gameplay is concerned and the up and down play should be less.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
And dear god I hope they get rid of that ridiculous "double ping" noise off the pipe.

It seemed like every other goal that went in off the pipe, it made a sound like it hit off two pipes even though it didn't. Just one of those things that annoyed me about the game, lol.

Also, I think in general the ping of the puck off the pipe shouldn't be as loud as it is.

If we are going to nit pick little details like this (which of course I dont mind) then I, for one hope that they add more realistic puck carombs inside the back of the net instead of the same silly air hockey pucks floats when you score all the time....how about some nasty looking puck rattles and carombs back out onto the ice when you you rip one into the back of the net with authority!?

And btw, did any of the EA designers finally mention that you will be able to jump in and PLAY ANY matchup in your Franchise/GM Mode?.....I would like a bit more SANDBOX more options to control when playing franchise mode so I can more taylor my careers more to my playing style. I would like the option of being to play out the Stanley Cup Playoff matchups other than just my own team at times.

Like options to have control of all team's rosters, line edits, trade overrides, editable player ratings, Play any game, etc. Of course make these toggle ON/OFF options under GM FRANCHISE Settings so those of us that want to play can control how much control they want over their entire League.....No?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I like what I saw for sure, can't wait to see a game in play.

It's going to look totally different as far as gameplay is concerned and the up and down play should be less.
I'll be happy if that's the case. The fact that they showed an instance where the AI defender stood someone up at the blue line is promising. I just hope this translates into the full game where these strategy settings accurately make each team play as they should rather than every game and every player feeling pretty much the same for the most part.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I believe the exact quote was, "We spent more time working on AI this year than we did in the three previous years combined."

Bingo.

If they want to speed up the online experience, all they have to do is take out those annoying cut-scenes that pop up after every single stoppage in play.

Also, they should completely disable pausing during online games. Imagine if in a game like Call of Duty or Halo, the entire session came to a halt and just stopped for everyone because one guy hits pause; there would be riots online!
There's no pausing in FIFA 12's online play at all. If you hit start, it pauses it for you and no one else. Don't know why NHL hasn't adopted this yet.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #31
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
There's no pausing in FIFA 12's online play at all. If you hit start, it pauses it for you and no one else. Don't know why NHL hasn't adopted this yet.
???

That is incorrect. When you gain possession of the ball in FIFA 12, you can pause for 30 seconds. Both people get paused.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Some good stuff, especially the momentum on turns. They mentioned less control of shots & passes at top speed; I really hope that includes puck control as well. It should be fairly easy to lose the puck in the one-handed acceleration stride.

Along those lines, I wonder if the physics-based skating will improve the collision physics? More bumps, loss of balance and momentum, etc.
It does, in a previous article I read, it said that only elite players like Crosby would be able to at full speed take an accurate shot off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »