Home

NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV THA UNITY
I don't post a lot on these forums, but what are the game modes. Everyday I am checking for news on OTP and any news of online play, yet I get nothing. They did a Q&A on twitter, I ask questions then at the end of the Q&A they let everyone know that they were only focused on gameplay for that Q&A. Really EA?????

Was looking forward to this game since the OTP and online connectivity was solid in 08, 09 and 10. Looks like I will only have one BBall game this year.
dude listen to the podcast, it will go through all the game modes which sound stellar. Online has head to head quick match, head to head seasons reminiscent of fifa, and best of 7 games series against a friend. I personally am way more excited for this game then 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
Pro

"There’s no doubt that EA Sports has laid a solid foundation for next-generation basketball. Thanks to an impressive amount of gameplay depth and options, it appears that Live really is back."

Sounds to me like a ringing endorsement, what is with Operation Sports negative shade towards this game. We know you are 2k fanboys but represent the material properly.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
dude listen to the podcast, it will go through all the game modes which sound stellar. Online has head to head quick match, head to head seasons reminiscent of fifa, and best of 7 games series against a friend. I personally am way more excited for this game then 2k.
I shouldn't have to listen to a podcast to hear a feature set. It should be presented front and center. I mean they should be advertising their game. I for one wanted OTP, which they introduced to the genre in a patch in Live 08. Then they brought on clubs in 09 and 10. Thats what I want from Live. I play 2K for association/ franchise modes since live has alway been lackluster in that department.

The updated commentary sounds good and all but that isn't going to make me play the Head to head version over 2k. They had a GEM in their OTP because their servers actually worked. Yet I hear nothing about that mode.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Me too... the building blocks they are putting in place will pay dividends in the coming years - especially Synergy. And if the partnerships they are building are exclusive, 2k will be in trouble. I'm really excited to see what they come out with. Even with the rough edges, I think Live with be a blast!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

Quote:
"There’s no doubt that EA Sports has laid a solid foundation for next-generation basketball. Thanks to an impressive amount of gameplay depth and options, it appears that Live really is back."

Sounds to me like a ringing endorsement, what is with Operation Sports negative shade towards this game. We know you are 2k fanboys but represent the material properly.
It's funny when people use the "fan boy" approach...like their post history isn't visible to everyone...
Old 11-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's funny when people use the "fan boy" approach...like their post history isn't visible to everyone...
Its funny that you would bring up my post history and the "fan boy" approach, because its usually the total opposite. I am closer to the ***** spectrum then the fanboy spectrum but, of course you must have taken a microscope to my previous posts lol.

Truthfully though 2k has been vastly overrated for years, it looks great but as a competitive online gamer it plays horribly if holding it to a sim standard. It annually is filled with exploits and cheese. I am very excited to have another outlet bringing two things I am passionate about together (basketball and videogaming). In this case they are including things in this game that I had been wishing 2k would do for years. Maybe it will be terrible but I am optimistic that for the first time in a basketball game I will be able to beat my opponents using superior basketball IQ and skills rather then knowledge and willingness to exploit. I would much rather have that then prettier graphics and smoother animations.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3
Synergy was in NBA LIVE 09 and 10, Just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

Quote:
Maybe it will be terrible but I am optimistic that for the first time in a basketball game I will be able to beat my opponents using superior basketball IQ and skills rather then knowledge and willingness to exploit.
Sounds like this is what you want in a game wether it be 2k or Live. But it seems since 2K doesnt have what you want, you call people 2k fanboys for not really liking Live. Maybe Live is just a crappy game who knows. But u need to chill on the fanboy talk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »