Home

First NHL 15 Screenshot Revealed, Pre-Order Offers Detailed

This is a discussion on First NHL 15 Screenshot Revealed, Pre-Order Offers Detailed within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Ok heres some logic for you. Unless you're 12 years old, nobody has time to go over to a friends place and crush 20 min periods on uber realistic mode. And how are you so certain , based off of 1 screenshot that the bouncing puck will be in NHL15?
This is a totally ignorant post, along with the post above it, and doesn't do anything to promote discussion here.

Quote:
No. Like i said, you get a better gaming experience when you play vs others online. Offline gaming vs cpu will never be as good as vs humans no matter how hard they try. In this day and age , gaming is all about 1 console per player and we all meet up in the middle which is online in the mode of your liking
Here's some "logic" for you. I could play 1 minute periods or 20 minute periods, offline or online, and I would still have the exact same comments and complaints on gameplay and game aesthetic that I do now. I don't think you understand the problems here, it's not about online vs offline, it's about the gameplay ad graphics that affect BOTH modes. Did you even look at the screenshot and form an opinion on the subject of this thread? Can you acknowledge that there are a myriad of errors in an exclusive screenshot meant to showcase a next-gen product?

Quote:
Ok heres some logic for you. Unless you're 12 years old, nobody has time to go over to a friends place and crush 20 min periods on uber realistic mode. And how are you so certain , based off of 1 screenshot that the bouncing puck will be in NHL15?
This is such a naive way to look at things, and is totally based off of personal preference. Have you ever played NHL for an hour and a half in one sitting? You care enough about the game to be on OS- I guarantee you, you have. That's about how long it takes to play a 20-minute period game. Instead of playing 4 or 5 online games in a row, I would rather play one game to simulate, as accurately as possible, an NHL game. The game is called NHL, and is meant to be developed and marketed as a simulation of professional hockey, and until it is marketed as something different, the people who purchase the game are very much so entitled to voicing their criticism of the game's flaws. Now, I'm not certain that the bouncing puck will be in NHL 15 (for ****s sake, it better not be) but EA has a track record of having terrible, gamebreaking glitches, errors, and authenticity problems THAT ARE EASILY AVOIDABLE with a little actual effort and attention to detail. I encourage you to reread some of these posts with a different mindset and maybe you will understand better what people are trying to say here.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #74
hgg
Rookie

hgg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: First NHL 15 Screenshot Revealed, Pre-Order Offers Detailed

I think it seems pretty legit:
NHL 15 Could Be Playable at Upcoming E3 Convention?
http://nilsenreport.ca/2014/05/26/nh...e3-convention/
Old 06-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #75
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15: First Next-Gen Screenshot Released, Pre-Order Offers Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Why in their right minds would they focus on offline modes ? In this day and age its all about online. If u actually enjoy playing the same tired cpu ai well good for you but the majority of gamers like to play with or vs other gamers via online versus or eashl
You can NEVER ever ever have that kind of attitude. Never ignore a % of the audience that you don't know how big it is. Could be very well half the gamers don't play online, I sure don't. Offline AI spills into online, no matter how much you want to think there isn't. You can only control 1 player at a time, if you aren't playing EASHL and I for one will never play that. The way the CPU is played comes from how the offline game is played I don't see how you can't understand that. Why in their right minds wouldn't they focus on offline modes is a more logical question. Not everyone wants online, not everyone wants to pay for xbox live or PSN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #76
Rookie

Shakes's Arena

OVR: 2

If true I hope we see some good on-ice gameplay footage along the lines.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #77
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
So you're telling me the AI is just fine the way it is online? I find that very hard to believe. The AI is basically just as bad online, the only difference is the user controlling the player with the puck. All of the other players are CPU AI. The same goals are scored time and time again because you don't need creativity to play the game. The defensemen still collapse to the slot when the opponent comes in the zone, your AI teammates still have brain dead positioning on defense no matter their defensive rating, and I could go on and on. I played 9 games online when I rented the game with a free trial of gamefly. I won every game and I had zero fun because it was so repetitive, grant it I was skill level 1 so I was playing the worst possible opponents. There was a grand total of 4 offsides in those 9 games. Yes, I kept track of offsides. Does that sound like hockey to you?

The game is a ping pong match that is up and down up and down with guys blowing past defensemen for breakaways no matter what speed rating they have. Why? Because the game has AI flaws that result in cheeze goals no matter if you try and prevent doing them. This game seriously takes very little skill to be good at because of the AI. NHL does do some things very well, but it has such a long way to go because they didn't continue to improve the things that needed improving. Improving AI as a whole would make online and offline good. Isn't that what everyone wants?
You get to the higher levels, you get better opponents and much more realistic game play. Is it perfect? Hell no, but it still beats playing the brain dead cpu. Strategies actually work as well. I've played vs guys that play so well defensively they clog the neutral zone, make it really hard on you to access the blue line, let alone take a shot.
You'll never get that kind of challenge from the cpu.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #78
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
You can NEVER ever ever have that kind of attitude. Never ignore a % of the audience that you don't know how big it is. Could be very well half the gamers don't play online, I sure don't. Offline AI spills into online, no matter how much you want to think there isn't. You can only control 1 player at a time, if you aren't playing EASHL and I for one will never play that. The way the CPU is played comes from how the offline game is played I don't see how you can't understand that. Why in their right minds wouldn't they focus on offline modes is a more logical question. Not everyone wants online, not everyone wants to pay for xbox live or PSN
Yeah i understand how it works lol but I'm sorry, you are in the minority. Every EA Sports title focuses mainly on online gaming because most gamers play online, and also because there's money to be made. It's just a a fact. Sure, they will offer you offline modes and you can play offline all you want , but you are keeping yourself from experiencing the best the game has to offer, which is what EA focuses on first and foremost.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #79
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm pretty sure if EA improved offline gaming it would help online gaming as well.. If you give us the real sport and not arcade crap it would force people to play the game how it is played in real life. I should be able to use my LA Kings and be physical and get shots on goal the way they do in real life. The Rangers should have a gritty defense, the Blackhawks should be hard to beat at home, etc. If the computer/AI had real strengths and weaknesses, played off of player skill and anticipation and made real human errors instead of knowing that buttons you're pressing then the overall game will be enhanced. Then you take that online and you're defense doesn't just let Patrick Kane skate right next to them and rush to the end line and slap a pass across the goalies face with no defensive help to score a one-timer EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

There should be Profile statistics recorded for every major and minor aspect of how that person plays with each team and player they have ever used. I should be able to game plan (it doesn't need to be that elaborate online.. 2k does a decent job with showing you how opponents play before the game) while waiting for the game to load if I'm playing online or before the game starts (much more in-depth for GM mode) for offline. In NHL 14 online for 360 i played about 50 games and in about 5 of those games did the player actually care to dump and chase or use some other form of attack rather than swerving thru the idiotic defense and then going down the side of the ice and throwing a one-timer across the net.

I want to play a real NHL, soccer, NFL game. I love online only because the computer is repetitive and doesnt make human errors in offline games. Other than that I hate online because everyone finds ways to score without any real world skill, and when that happens everybody starts to play the same. In every EA sports game Ive played online, everyone literally plays the exact same way. No differential because they figured out what works 95% of the time so why go away from that?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #80
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Hopefully they fix the broadcast angle as well because it seemed a little too close and didn't track the puck properly. I hate playing up and down now its weird..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »