Home

NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Day #3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #57
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

Weapon X, I think it's just indicative of the costs and increasing risk of game development in this era—and especially licensed sports games.

To achieve a product standard that is going to sell enough copies to justify the input costs (which includes licensing) embodies risk that a lot of large developers are increasingly averse to. Think of how much more attractive the mobile platform is. Huge install base, low dev costs, etc...

We just don't have any companies that are passionate about developing authentic, licensed, sports sims to the point that of overcoming the rational cost barriers like we often see in "indie" development these days.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Here's what I don't get, how does a wrestling game make more money than a hockey game ?
Old 05-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 5

For the same reason wrestling does better on TV than hockey. SOOOO many more kids, young adults and crazies like me love it.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
For the same reason wrestling does better on TV than hockey. SOOOO many more kids, young adults and crazies like me love it.
I am not sure why so many people are attracted to such a mindless form of entertainment
Old 05-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #61
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
I am not sure why so many people are attracted to such a mindless form of entertainment
Well count me as mindless then. I'll be watching it tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #62
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

A quick look at nhl's twitter is all you need to see where this game is headed. They posted 3 softball q&a day's, and since then it's been all ultimate team. Ea avoided all of the question's they wanted to, which are all the question's we want answers to, so the q&a was of little info.

I used to think that there was different parts of a staff working on a video game, so when a company spent a lot of time working on ultimate team, it didn't take time away from other parts of the game. But i'm really starting to second guess that.

Look at nhl and madden, it seems ever since the ultimate team invention however many years ago, creative ideas and game changing features have dissappeared, every year it is just buzzwords or back of the box features, along with ultimate team, and bam, a new $60 game. I can't believe in 2015, an nhl game doesn't have head coaches, or edit player in franchise, or a roster share. Games have had the first 2 since what, 2000? Is nhl honestly trying its best to put out a product we all want? When I look at a company trying its best i look at SCEA and the show or the NBA 2k crew. Those games arent perfect but you get the sense they're trying.

I may be wrong but it seems like these two franchises under EA are perfectly fine with screwing over the sim crowd, and making the arcade, HUT/FUT crowd happy.

Last edited by Don Jon; 05-25-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Well count me as mindless then. I'll be watching it tonight.
I thought the chamber was next weekend?
But ya, the last poster is right. The game simply will never be geared to us simheads
Old 05-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #64
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
I thought the chamber was next weekend?
But ya, the last poster is right. The game simply will never be geared to us simheads
I accepted years ago that this series will never be what us sim heads want, but that being said not only does EA not bother catering to us, which from a marketing stand point I understand, but not agree with, but the fact that the sliders for years have little to no impact on the game and now we can't edit players.....us sim guys are dead. If they releases and ok game with working sliders and player edit we we would do the sim footwork ourselves. We actual ask for very little in the grand scheme of things but get shat upon

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »