Home

MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 01:11 AM   #17
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Message from San Diego Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
And to think, SOME users on here said San Diego Studio would just leave this game be and wait 'til next year.

Because that's "more profitable."

I can't stand cynics. Always looking for a reason to be sad.

Yay for us, and yay for the dev team!
I hate this attitude -- it's what gives these video game developers the leeway to constantly keep us in the dark on matters when aspects of the game are in horrendous shape. Offline the game plays beautifully, but online it barely works half the time. There's a myriad of problems that need to be fixed and hopefully they are ironed out soon.

Offline, I fortunately haven't experienced any issues. That's great, but we pay for a full experience. I'm not naive enough to think that games should launch with no problems, but there's things that are happening to myself and others that actually affect the outcome of games. That's unacceptable to me.

This is a wonderful game otherwise and I know things will improve at some point, but I wish statements like this came sooner from these companies. I know there's a lot of men and women who poured themselves into making the game, and care deeply about our experience with it. However, it often comes across like once they get that $60 from you that it doesn't matter to them anymore.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:34 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I hate this attitude -- it's what gives these video game developers the leeway to constantly keep us in the dark on matters when aspects of the game are in horrendous shape. Offline the game plays beautifully, but online it barely works half the time. There's a myriad of problems that need to be fixed and hopefully they are ironed out soon.

Offline, I fortunately haven't experienced any issues. That's great, but we pay for a full experience. I'm not naive enough to think that games should launch with no problems, but there's things that are happening to myself and others that actually affect the outcome of games. That's unacceptable to me.

This is a wonderful game otherwise and I know things will improve at some point, but I wish statements like this came sooner from these companies. I know there's a lot of men and women who poured themselves into making the game, and care deeply about our experience with it. However, it often comes across like once they get that $60 from you that it doesn't matter to them anymore.
Agreed. Yay to the dev team my arse. I'm sure they're all wonderful people, I'm sure they work hard, and I'm sure they care. Just like I'm sure that when a product has issues like this a week-late apology shouldn't be celebrated as if it were an act of charity. And yes, online issues affect offline modes since the game locks and gets screwy. I love the Show and I HATE the Show. The devs need to FIX this, and then they need to make it up to their loyal customers, and not with a batch of crappy cards.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:38 AM   #19
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

Wait, there are people that are actually satisfied with this PR message?

This addresses nothing, it's just a list of excuses for crap that should not exist in the first place, like explaining how the queue works.... There should be no queue at all.

And a few hours after they issue this statement, the entire game craps out, and now at least the queue problem is solved... If you cannot play at all, there is nothing to queue at all.
It has been 17 freaking days... The Japanese can build an entire highway in half that time, these clowns cannot even plug in a few extra servers...
Old 04-14-2017, 01:51 AM   #20
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
It has been 17 freaking days... The Japanese can build an entire highway in half that time, these clowns cannot even plug in a few extra servers...
Indeed. The Show is really losing credibility this year. Online modes = profit, but screw with people's time and STILL profit? It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It is a completely offline mode. But the game attempts to connect to the servers to update your universal profile (stats, XP, etc.)

But you're absolutely right that that shouldn't have caused a softlock.

I'm getting server errors too when exiting games right now, so for now at least you might want to un-check "connect to the internet" in the PS4 network options. Your offline games will not be interrupted that way.
No, I know it is an entirely offline mode, that was more or less for effect of my frustration haha but good thought, never thought about disconnecting from the internet. This is also my first time buying digitally so am unsure as to if that may have affected something in the process. Regardless, it needs fixed and shouldn't happen like that in the first place.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 02:36 AM   #22
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Agreed. Yay to the dev team my arse. I'm sure they're all wonderful people, I'm sure they work hard, and I'm sure they care. Just like I'm sure that when a product has issues like this a week-late apology shouldn't be celebrated as if it were an act of charity. And yes, online issues affect offline modes since the game locks and gets screwy. I love the Show and I HATE the Show. The devs need to FIX this, and then they need to make it up to their loyal customers, and not with a batch of crappy cards.
How do you know the cards will be crappy? What is a crappy card to you? I remember getting some good cards in last years 10 pack they gave us for the server issues. 1 or 2 gold players and some good silvers. I am too not annoyed with the server issues because I am the kind of gamer that plays all different kinds of games so when this game is not working, I have plenty of other games to play. Just hit the 200 hour mark in Breath of the Wild. People that only play The Show are obviously affected more but the devs have shown that they will always fix the issues and giving us some content to say sorry is a nice gesture. Of course, the game was clearly not ready for release but that's a whole different topic.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:13 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidisback
How do you know the cards will be crappy? What is a crappy card to you? I remember getting some good cards in last years 10 pack they gave us for the server issues. 1 or 2 gold players and some good silvers. I am too not annoyed with the server issues because I am the kind of gamer that plays all different kinds of games so when this game is not working, I have plenty of other games to play. Just hit the 200 hour mark in Breath of the Wild. People that only play The Show are obviously affected more but the devs have shown that they will always fix the issues and giving us some content to say sorry is a nice gesture. Of course, the game was clearly not ready for release but that's a whole different topic.
No, it's really the same topic. Having the same server issues EVERY YEAR is part of the game not being ready for release.

And it's pathetic how customers are placated with in-game content given away as a "sorry." Like a pack of Pavlovian dogs waiting for the bell to ring...

I'll say it again: profiting massively off modes that require huge online time investments by users and then screwing those users with shoddy servers (i.e., wasting their time) is near-criminal. But it's all good if they throw you a few golds, eh?
Old 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM   #24
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll celebrate when they actually fix stuff. It's good they're at least finally saying stuff like this...finally.

Hopefully they learned their lesson for next year's release too (but then did they learn from last year?). I also really hope that OS, IGN, and others will acutally call them out if this happens again. They really didn't deserve a relatively free pass this year from reviewers and such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »