Home

Pennsylvania A&T Baseball (MVP NCAA 06)

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania A&T Baseball (MVP NCAA 06) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Pennsylvania A&T Baseball (MVP NCAA 06)

Welcome to Pennsylvania A&T Fightin Dutchmen Baseball. Long story short, this is a brand new school that I created for my NCAA Football 14 dynasty (link in my signature below). If you want the completely random, made up back story about how the school was started, go ahead and check that out.

I have always loved MVP NCAA Baseball 06 and still play it yearly. I wanted to bring the Fightin Dutchmen to the video game baseball world in combination with my football dynasty.

Summary: I have created the team and placed them in the Patriot League, then simulated to the year 2013 to mix with my football dynasty's timeline of when the school opened. From there, I went in and created the roster I wanted because this game surprisingly allows you to change a player's class along with all their attributes, etc. I especially love the option to create a player within the dynasty mode.

Plan: Since there just isn't enough time in a week let alone a day, I definitely won't be playing every game but I will be "Coaching" the games that I don't play so that way I have "some" influence on the games. As of right now, I'm thinking I will do updates by series. I will also include Around the NCAA, recruiting updates, etc., to keep anyone venturing here involved. I will try and create some personalities here and there as well to make it fun.

Realism: Since this game is on the PS2 and from 2006, the options are obviously relatively limited. However, I plan to implement the real life operations of college baseball. I'll have mid-week starters, suspensions, and the "little things" that make college baseball so much fun to follow.

Settings/Sliders:
Heelfan's Varsity Slider's with some slight alterations.

I really just want to have some fun with this and see how quick we can build the program up. I doubt this will turn into an insane, in-depth report but more of a "follow along." I will do my best to include infographics or photos when I can. Playing a ps2 on an HDTV doesn't exactly provide 1080P graphics haha. I have a few ideas up my sleeve but again, it all comes down to time and availability.

With that said, I'm going to make a few extra posts after this to set up the dynasty and then anyone can feel free to post!

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Pennsylvania A&T Baseball (MVP NCAA 06)

Reserved for future use. (Dynasty Archives)

Old 02-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

Coaching Staff Intro

---------------------------
Introducing the Coaching Staff

Dave Marshall
Head Coach
Bio: 49 years old, Dave Marshall is tabbed with starting the Penn A&T Baseball program from the ground up. He comes to Lancaster from Wagner College where he served as the pitching coach for the Seahawks up until 2011 when he was named head skipper of the Fightin Dutchmen. He is a native of Philadelphia, PA and a 1985 graduate of La Salle University. He will also serve as the Pitching Coach.

Philosophy: "Pitching wins ball games and winning ball games wins championships. We want guys who are going to get ahead with the first strike and use their secondary stuff to get the hitters to swing at bad pitches."

Corey Riggins
Hitting Coach
Bio: 29 years old, Riggins comes to Penn A&T after finishing up his Graduate Assistantship at Bucknell University in 2011. In his final season, he coached eight Bison hitters to above a .275 average, including hitting 49 home runs as a team. As a player, Riggins is a 2005 graduate of James Madison University where he was a three year starter in left field for the Dukes, hitting .328 with 12 home runs and driving in 102 runs before being drafted in 16th round of the 2005 MLB Draft by the Baltimore Orioles. His career was cut short in 2009 due to a torn labrum after a history of shoulder problems.

Philosophy: "We want good quality at-bats where we can work the count. Finding true power hitters in today's game is few and far between so early on, we need to find guys who can find gaps and put us in a position to drive in runs."

Old 02-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I still go this game and a PS2 at my inlaws. Man I wish they could figure out away to bring college sports back to current gen systems.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I still go this game and a PS2 at my inlaws. Man I wish they could figure out away to bring college sports back to current gen systems.
Dude...if we could just get ONE game each for football, hoops, and baseball that is fully customizable, I would easily pay $100 for each game. This game in particular had so much promise on the MVP engine. It just needed to get through a few years to really get a spit shine.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #6
MVP

Team Roster & Preview

Meet the Team

Pennsylvania A&T Baseball - 2013
#PITCHERSPOSB/TAGEHTWTSCH % / OVR
17Craig DemilioPS/RFR6'02191.0 / 70
23Dante GiavedoniPR/LFR6'12131.0 / 74
40Carson PetraitisPS/RFR6'0212WO / 61
41Ian BeasleyPR/RJR6'52060.3 / 67
50Tyler SimpsonPS/RSO5'11183WO / 63
51Carter ChishamPL/RSO6'52210.4 / 65
53Corbin ChristiePL/LFR6'2245WO / 65
57Cordell FrenchP/CR/RFR6'3183WO / 57
58Chad FrieskePL/RSR6'3187WO / 69
62Ashton ReedPR/RSO6'62130.7 / 76
73Nate SpadaforePR/RSO6'02000.3 / 69
#CATCHERSPOSB/TAGEHTWTSCH % / OVR
29Seth StormC/RFL/RSO6'22160.1 / 71
38Marcus PinsonC/3BR/RFR5'11153WO / 56
#INFIELDERSPOSB/TAGEHTWTSCH % / OVR
5Max Madrigal2B/SSL/RFR5'111930.6 / 68
7Hunter Probst3B/1BR/RSR6'41870.4 / 76
11Vince Santoro1BR/LFR6'32220.7 / 66
13Kevin ZitelSS/LFS/RFR5'111810.6 / 63
14Rafa MartinezSS/2BR/RJR6'01700.4 / 67
18Austin McGinley2BR/RFR5'112030.6 / 63
27Jake Moeller3B/LFR/RJR6'0214WO / 63
31Brandon Brindle1BR/RSO6'8197WO / 59
35Dom Morrison2BR/RSO6'3205WO / 61
#OUTFIELDERSPOSB/TAGEHTWTSCH % / OVR
1Chris CarneyRFR/RJR6'32040.3 / 68
8Clayton OberholtzerRFL/LFR6'1202WO / 59
16Luis VelezCFL/LSO6'22040.6 / 70
24Matt MillsCF/UTR/RFR6'12040.5 / 70
30Brian PantellLF/RPL/LFR5'112070.3 / 63
32Mason HaganRFR/RJR6'01960.4 / 73
33Christian SavarinoCFL/LSO6'1195WO / 64
39Ryan McCarthyRF/SPR/LFR6'32330.5 / 77
**Bold+Red = Redshirted
**Bold+Gray = Inactive

Pitchers
Coach Marshall is known for his ability to make pitching staffs flourish with whatever ability they have. Well, he was able to bring in a great group of arms to start a program around, including a few JuCo recruits that will help in the bullpen and in midweek starts.

The name to look out for is sophomore Ashton Reed, the RHP from Cranford, NJ, enters his first spring with Penn A&T after transferring from Union County College where he was an All-American in 2012. His curveball is major-league ready but is his mind ready to lead a D1 pitching staff is the question he has to answer. Freshman Dante Giavedoni (Ill.) and Craig Demilio (Pa.) will most likely round out the weekend rotation. Other hurlers vying for time either out of the pen or in mid-week starts include JuCo recruits Ian Beasley (Md., CCBC Catonsville) and Carter Chisham (Pa., Bucks County CC), while freshman Corbin Christie will try to make a name for himself in a crowded staff.

Catchers
Sophomore Seth Storm comes to Lancaster from Prince George's CC after being named All-Region in 2012. The left-handed hitting catcher carries some pop in his bat and can carry his own on the base paths. However, what got him so much attention is his defensive abilities. He didn't register one error in 2012. Freshman Marcus Pinson will be on the travel roster simply to have a warm body in case Storm would get injured.

Infield
Harrison Probst is one of two seniors on the roster. Penn A&T will be his fifth school in four years. Probst will slot in at third base and is one of the better players on the roster. The transfer from Marshall was granted his immediate release after last spring with the Thundering Herd and is able to play immediately.

Up the middle, junior Rafa Martinez and freshman Max Madrigal will man shortstop and second base, respectively. Martinez, Like Ashton Reed, joins Penn A&T from Union County College in New Jersey. He possesses great speed and defensive abilities with an average at best bat. Madrigal was named All-State in Virginia at Stone Bridge HS. He broke the state record with a .422 average and also broke the school record with 32 steals in a season. Expect Kevin Zitel to log some innings at short.Vince Santoro will be the starter at first base.

Outfield
Freshman Ryan McCarthy is arguably the best and most valuable player Penn A&T has in their inaugural season. As a senior from Downingtown West HS, he batted .521 with 10 home runs and drove in 43 runs. He can also perform on the hill, going 7-1 with a 2.10 ERA in 52 innings in 2012. He chose Penn A&T over La Salle, Maryland, Towson, and Bucknell because Coach Marshall is allowing him to play both ways. Junior Mason Hagan will be the center fielder to start the year after spending the last two years at Lackawanna CC; he's known for his defense but don't be surprised if he's one of the best hitter's on the team at years end. Junior Chris Carney will round out the starting outfielders in left. Carney holds a special place for Penn A&T as he was the first transfer brought in by Marshall and was instrumental in attracting other players to campus. He transferred from D2 Shippensburg after the 2011 season and spent 2012 working on his grades and contacting some old friends to try and build a brand new program up from the ground floor. Matt Mills and Luis Velez will definitely be in the mix in either the outfield or at designated hitter.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #7
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

This is great! I loved NCAA.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
This is great! I loved NCAA.
Appreciate that! Hope you enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »