Home

Pick and Roll broken?

This is a discussion on Pick and Roll broken? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Pick and Roll broken?

does pick and roll seem as broken to everyone else as it does to me? i'm currently playing on sim/allstar...i do what I'm supposed to (hold down L1) to call for a pick...big man comes over and sets the pick...but instead of making a cut after setting the pick, he will just stand there and do nothing - now what is the point of even setting a pick if he won't cut afterwards? and it's not because he doesn't have a lane to the hoop....usually there is a wide open path to the hoop, but he won't cut to the hoop. what is up with this? doesn't work at all.

is 2k just trying to make the pick and roll ineffective on purpose so people won't abuse it? I don't get it. if they want to tone down pick and rolls, they should do it by making the defense counter it better, rather than making the players not execute it at all.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-11-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pick and Roll broken?

works fine to me...
Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

It works about half the time. It really depends on who you are playing against for it to work. It definately doesn't work as well as 2k10 did I can tell you that.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

It works fine for me. Maybe you are used to the old 2K's where the cut to the basket and you could magically lead pass them to catch it in the paint through multiple defenders.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

You gotta read the tutorials...You hold the button down to make him pick and pop and u let it go for him to role, something like that...gotta check in the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think your problem could be due to the ratings of your big man. I have noticed that my lower rated players cannot grasp the complexities of cutting to the basket.

Or it could be that your big men want to take jumpshots. Yi of the Wizards tends to do this often. Instead of rolling to the basket he will kind of fade out or camp out waiting for the pass so he can shoot an uncontested jumper. Those goofy Asian/Euro players
Old 10-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Mine works just fine. Played as the Kings last night against Houston and Tyreke had 8 assists in a 5 minute game using pick & roll. It *really* helps to get Yao away from that basket!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Like I said it depends on the defenses you are playing against. I play coach mode so it takes me out of the equation completely. I rely on the players and their ratings to take effect.

It works half the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »