Home

Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

Just played my first online match. Nadal (me) vs. Agassi (opponent). Best sports match I have played EVER. Say good bye to exploits and lag. I won the match 4-3 (7-2 in tiebreak), 3-0. Every point was close and very much a chess match game. I started out 0-2, but climbed my way back into it, and started to take control.

Anyone know a good strategy when a right handed player pulls a lefty in deuce court out wide. If you hit cross court, he has an open shot down the line. If you do down the line, then he still has the open court cross court. Maybe I should slice him, to slow slow down speed or lob him?? Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #42
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Now don't quote me on this guys but I remember reading somewhere (one of those dev diaries I'm pretty sure) about once your own CAP that you put thru career mode reaches level 20 then you can create many other CAPS that automatically are at level 20 as well. It made it sound like you could create more than the 4 slots they have now, or at least it suggested that. So maybe once your CAP reaches 20 it creates additional slots.

It just seems kinda weird that this game has a 4.9 GB install yet has so little slots open for CAPS.
there is a quick builder unlock that sounds like what you are talking about, but i don't think it will change the slots. Probably will just allow you to create a maxed out cab from scratch without needing to level them up.

i hope your right though

Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #43
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

some guy mentioned above that the CPU changes strategies during the game?

This is very important because it will make no 2 matches identical. In past tennis games, even on the hardest level, once you have figured out a NADAL , you will beat him 9 times out of 10, and the one loss coming when you're drunk or half asleep...you get the idea. We find the way to attack the cpu and that's it. We won't lose anymore.

If the cpu changes strategies, they can see that we have a go to move, they can adjust and each match becomes dynamic.

Can anyone comment on this ?

thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #44
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
some guy mentioned above that the CPU changes strategies during the game?

This is very important because it will make no 2 matches identical. In past tennis games, even on the hardest level, once you have figured out a NADAL , you will beat him 9 times out of 10, and the one loss coming when you're drunk or half asleep...you get the idea. We find the way to attack the cpu and that's it. We won't lose anymore.

If the cpu changes strategies, they can see that we have a go to move, they can adjust and each match becomes dynamic.

Can anyone comment on this ?

thanks
Personally I haven't noticed this very much. If you favor one side before the serve, every once in awhile the AI will notice and serve it to the other side for an easy ace, but other than that, I haven't noticed much, and I play on Very Hard.

Unrelated, but I thought this was pretty cool, I just switched from wearing a T-Shirt to wearing a tank top after the first 5 months and I noticed my guy has some serious tanlines on his arms and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that at the beginning. Freakin cool.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #45
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

How does gameplay stack up against Smash Court?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

Now I'm usually pretty good at sports video games and TS3 wasn't too much of a challenge but I find the hard difficulty really ****ing hard in this game which is good and bad. I have yet to win a set in exhibition. The guy I seem to have the most success using is Borg and Blake seems really tough to beat. Agassi is rated high in FH and BH but I find that he doesn't have much power with groundstrokes when I use him and Federer's forehand is average as well. It's next to impossible to get a shot past Davydenko as well and I haven't even tried to play against Nadal yet. I can't even imagine how nut busting Very Hard is.

I mix up my shots, try and put it deep and still not much luck against certain players. I play baseline and don't serve and volley. I really don't want to try medium because I'm pretty sure I'll smoke them but I'm pretty comfortable with gameplay that I think I should be winning some sets on hard by now.

I have also yet to get a clean ace against a pro and I sometimes crank 125mph serves close to the line but thay always get a racquet on it.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-16-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Now I'm usually pretty good at sports video games and TS3 wasn't too much of a challenge but I find the hard difficulty really ****ing hard in this game which is good and bad. I have yet to win a set in exhibition. The guy I seem to have the most success using is Borg and Blake seems really tough to beat. Agassi is rated high in FH and BH but I find that he doesn't have much power with groundstrokes when I use him and Federer's forehand is average as well. It's next to impossible to get a shot past Davydenko as well and I haven't even tried to play against Nadal yet. I can't even imagine how nut busting Very Hard is.

I mix up my shots, try and put it deep and still not much luck against certain players. I play baseline and don't serve and volley. I really don't want to try medium because I'm pretty sure I'll smoke them but I'm pretty comfortable with gameplay that I think I should be winning some sets on hard by now.

I have also yet to get a clean ace against a pro and I sometimes crank 125mph serves close to the line but thay always get a racquet on it.
Try to load up the swing while you are moving your player around, about 2 seconds before you make the shot, so the circle is full power. This will add much more pace to your shots. Just use tennis basics when playing: all shots cross court in rally, then down the line on approach shots. Come to the net if you hit a really good shot near the lines. Aim your serves with the thumbstick and mix it up using flat and spin serves. Try to aim the serves up the T and out wide. Most importantly, attack their weakness. If they struggle with speed, use a lot of slice. If they struggle with backhand, then attack the backhand. If they struggle at the net, then use a drop shot and then a passing shot.

Hope this helps!!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #48
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Any way one of you guys with the game might be able to put together and post a gameplay video. I am still on the fence about this one and am very close to picking it up on the way home from work today.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »