Home

Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #49
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

Amazing game so far. Anyone played a lawn tournament yet? I did last night and noticed that the shade would change..it would get brighter as the match went on and the sun moved..maybe it was in my head because I was tired though.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #50
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Now I'm usually pretty good at sports video games and TS3 wasn't too much of a challenge but I find the hard difficulty really ****ing hard in this game which is good and bad. I have yet to win a set in exhibition. The guy I seem to have the most success using is Borg and Blake seems really tough to beat. Agassi is rated high in FH and BH but I find that he doesn't have much power with groundstrokes when I use him and Federer's forehand is average as well. It's next to impossible to get a shot past Davydenko as well and I haven't even tried to play against Nadal yet. I can't even imagine how nut busting Very Hard is.

I mix up my shots, try and put it deep and still not much luck against certain players. I play baseline and don't serve and volley. I really don't want to try medium because I'm pretty sure I'll smoke them but I'm pretty comfortable with gameplay that I think I should be winning some sets on hard by now.

I have also yet to get a clean ace against a pro and I sometimes crank 125mph serves close to the line but thay always get a racquet on it.
In career mode it's been the opposite for me. I've played 6 matches on Very Hard now and haven't lost a set. Although I was seriously nervous last night in my championship match of my first major tournament (I'm level 9 and I was playing a level 11 or 13 or something). Dude served and volleyed the ENTIRE match. It was so intense, but I killed him with my serving, finishing with 8 aces. I think I won 7-5 6-4 I'm thinking it's going to be a lot harder once I get to the real pros though because I probably won like 60-70% of the time in the demo on just Hard so I'm thinking when I get to Very Hard and face the guys like Federer and Nadal i should definitely lose some sets and hopefully some matches.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #51
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I am impressed so far with the play on the court. Everything feels balanced and realistic. Players are all at the same levels or close, but there is clearly a difference in their play, so I throw that number out as it means nothing. The demo did not do the game justice in my opinion as the graphics seem slightly better along with the player control and framerate.

My only negatives are the limited create a player slots. Not sure if more open up after a career, but I am guessing no at this point. With only 4 or 5 slots, I cannot understand why developers put a limit on that. Give us the ability to create those players we want to use in career and exhibition. Still disappointed in the ace numbers for the players. Not a gamebreaker at all, but I would love to see a few more serves that throw a returner off balance. It happens from time to time, but for the most part, the serve is coming back over easily.

All in all, I cannot be happier with the purchase. The gameplay on the court is the nuts and bolts of the game and they nailed it in my opinion.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #52

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I am impressed so far with the play on the court. Everything feels balanced and realistic. Players are all at the same levels or close, but there is clearly a difference in their play, so I throw that number out as it means nothing. The demo did not do the game justice in my opinion as the graphics seem slightly better along with the player control and framerate.

My only negatives are the limited create a player slots. Not sure if more open up after a career, but I am guessing no at this point. With only 4 or 5 slots, I cannot understand why developers put a limit on that. Give us the ability to create those players we want to use in career and exhibition. Still disappointed in the ace numbers for the players. Not a gamebreaker at all, but I would love to see a few more serves that throw a returner off balance. It happens from time to time, but for the most part, the serve is coming back over easily.

All in all, I cannot be happier with the purchase. The gameplay on the court is the nuts and bolts of the game and they nailed it in my opinion.
Do you serve with the right thumb stick? The vast majority of my serves are good enough that it leads to an easy winner on my next shot.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #53
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Do you serve with the right thumb stick? The vast majority of my serves are good enough that it leads to an easy winner on my next shot.
Yes. It could be the learning curve as I have been getting better, but I wish the CPU would blow a few more by me. Again, not a game breaker at all and it does happen from time to time, just wish it threatened me a bit more.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 03-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #54

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
Yes. It could be the learning curve as I have been getting better, but I wish the CPU would blow a few more by me. Again, not a game breaker at all and it does happen from time to time, just wish it threatened me a bit more.
I wish they would serve harder too. It seems that they don't do right stick serving, even on Very Hard. They still get aces every once in awhile because sometimes those curving serves just mess me up, but nobody's blown one by me in Career mode. Granted, I've only played in one major tournament so far and and best 2 guys I played in that tournament were serve and volley types so they serve it softer on purpose, so hopefully it will get better once I face better competition.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Any way one of you guys with the game might be able to put together and post a gameplay video. I am still on the fence about this one and am very close to picking it up on the way home from work today.

www.franchiseplay.net has a bunch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

For online:Can two people on the same console play vs hum/com or hum/hum doubles? or even on dif consoles?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »