Home

New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

This is a discussion on New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #57
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

Update on my struggles, I beat Nadal on very hard in my career mode thanks to winning two tiebreakers. He didn't make ridiculous shots the way Murray did.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

how can you download this update without xboxlive?
Thanks
Old 07-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwait_8
The update has made online and multiplayer offline much much better, career mode is broken though. They should find a way to regress career mode to the old way and leave the rest of the game up to date.
Of course, all I play is career mode. I really, really wish you could roll back to the 2nd update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I've just never had something like this happen. What was once one of my favorite games became, almost overnight, one of my most despised ones.
This sums things up perfectly for me. I absolutely loved this game. I mean, loved it. I've never even touched a tennis racket and I was hooked. I figured this game would last me years. I started watching real tennis because of the game!

But then this balancing update hit, and my time with this game has dropped precipitously. I simply do not have a good time playing it anymore. That's pretty much the bottom line. It's an exercise in frustration.

I feel like I'm a kid again and my parents took away my favorite toy. It's sad, really. Why would they make such drastic changes (and then disappear) all for the sake of online play? I'm sure people complained about the online play (because online rankings are serious, serious business), and 2K kowtowed to their whining. Unfortunately, a few years from now nobody will be playing this game online, and we'll probably be stuck with an incredibly frustrating career mode.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
Of course, all I play is career mode. I really, really wish you could roll back to the 2nd update.

This sums things up perfectly for me. I absolutely loved this game. I mean, loved it. I've never even touched a tennis racket and I was hooked. I figured this game would last me years. I started watching real tennis because of the game!

But then this balancing update hit, and my time with this game has dropped precipitously. I simply do not have a good time playing it anymore. That's pretty much the bottom line. It's an exercise in frustration.

I feel like I'm a kid again and my parents took away my favorite toy. It's sad, really. Why would they make such drastic changes (and then disappear) all for the sake of online play? I'm sure people complained about the online play (because online rankings are serious, serious business), and 2K kowtowed to their whining. Unfortunately, a few years from now nobody will be playing this game online, and we'll probably be stuck with an incredibly frustrating career mode.
Try logging out before you get to the "Press Start" menu. I try to do it before I even put the disc in but as long as you catch it before it checks for updates, I think you're good. Seriously, this saved the game from going back. If you only ever play career mode, it is back to the good ol' days. You don't even need to delete all of the game data first. Sure, it will roll back past the 2nd update but it's much better than what it was.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oweride
how can you download this update without xboxlive?
Thanks
Could anyone please answer my question? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm pretty sure you can't. Xbox live is what connects the xbox to the internet right? you need the internet to download. How would you possibly download a patch without an internet connection. When I had a 360 I got a xbox live silver account. It's free and allows you to download patches. Try getting that.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well guys, I think it's almost time to retire from TS4. I got the game only two weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Then about four days ago I renewed my xbox live account, the update downloaded and now I'm left beaten and frustrated. I wonder if they actually had testers when they came up with the update. I went from having exciting games (sometimes I'd blow out the AI) to getting completely stomped. Whats sad is the online seems pretty good with the update I just wish they didn't have to make a change. I'm gonna give it a couple days rest and then reevaluate my decision on whether or not to put the game away for good. Just thought I'd vent because I've read a lot of people having very similar experiences as me.
Dallas Mavericks
Old 07-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #64
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm glad I got the game after the update came out. Since I never saw the gameplay pre-update, I haven't had to adapt to a change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »