Home

New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

This is a discussion on New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #65
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

I've had this game since it came out, and played on the highest level (not the one that you unlock after winning a grand slam, but the highest that you're allowed to start with) and still almost never lost. After the update, I was frustrated beyond belief. Not only had I taken a big layoff from the game, so I was rusty, but then I faced Andy Murray and I swear he was making all the impossible angle shots that we aren't supposed to be able to do anymore.

Now that I've had time to adjust, the game is MUCH more competitive for me now. I finally won another Masters tournament (finally winning my 4th and qualifying for Grand Slams) after losing in 2 or 3 tournaments before hand.

Now that I've had time to adjust (and haven't faced Andy Murray since), I am enjoying this game more than ever.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #66
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I've had this game since it came out, and played on the highest level (not the one that you unlock after winning a grand slam, but the highest that you're allowed to start with) and still almost never lost. After the update, I was frustrated beyond belief. Not only had I taken a big layoff from the game, so I was rusty, but then I faced Andy Murray and I swear he was making all the impossible angle shots that we aren't supposed to be able to do anymore.

Now that I've had time to adjust, the game is MUCH more competitive for me now. I finally won another Masters tournament (finally winning my 4th and qualifying for Grand Slams) after losing in 2 or 3 tournaments before hand.

Now that I've had time to adjust (and haven't faced Andy Murray since), I am enjoying this game more than ever.
i agree totally. it took some adjustment, but i actually enjoy the game more now after the update. i love that timing actually is important now.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
Well guys, I think it's almost time to retire from TS4. I got the game only two weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Then about four days ago I renewed my xbox live account, the update downloaded and now I'm left beaten and frustrated. I wonder if they actually had testers when they came up with the update. I went from having exciting games (sometimes I'd blow out the AI) to getting completely stomped. Whats sad is the online seems pretty good with the update I just wish they didn't have to make a change. I'm gonna give it a couple days rest and then reevaluate my decision on whether or not to put the game away for good. Just thought I'd vent because I've read a lot of people having very similar experiences as me.
Sign out of Xbox Live before starting the game...the update seems to only take effect when connected online. I tried this before deleting all of the game data and it works pretty much the same as it did pre-update. You don't even need to delete anything for it to work. Of course, if you mix online and offline in the same play session, I'm not sure how it would work. I play solely offline so no big deal for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone tried playing on expert? I finished career before the patch, and haven't played it again, so if I'm not playing online I play exhibition games, but the couple matches I've played I've won. I can easily beat Federer with Djokovic, and a couple of the other matches were fun and well played by the computer, they barely use absurd angles. I would say I'm pretty good at this game, I'm an avid tennis fan/player and know how to play to the strengths of the pros. But I was just thinking that maybe the computer has different coding or something to that degree, I'm not great with technology/A.I. wordings. Long story short, maybe very hard turns it unrealistic/too challenging, while expert is where the computer, I don't know, plays the players like it should, and you need to exploit their weaknesses? Just a thought.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

didnt feel much from the update
Old 08-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #70
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Will I be able to complete in career mode if I pass on all of the sparring and special events? Those things seem lame to me..

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Will I be able to complete in career mode if I pass on all of the sparring and special events? Those things seem lame to me..
Yea it just will take longer to gather xp points. I like some of the events especially the doubles. And since they decided to automatically put you in quarterfinals (stupid), I treat the sparring as sort of qualifying for the upcoming tournament.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #72
Rookie

As for the update, since I dont play online, I just deleted the 2.0 patch (ps3), not sure if this was part of the balancing update, but enjoying it a lot better now. Just have to hit cancel when prompt loads on game startup. Didnt mind the difficulty, but felt the AI had a huge competitive advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »