Home

AO international tennis editing thread

This is a discussion on AO international tennis editing thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: AO international tennis editing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Are there instructions anywhere for how to create a face in the game from an image?

I'll post screenshots later of the PDF that comes with the PC version of the game. It explains a few things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
I'll post screenshots later of the PDF that comes with the PC version of the game. It explains a few things.
Oh, it's alright, I have that. Just don't get how to deal with the 3d part. I guess that can be edited in game?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Oh, it's alright, I have that. Just don't get how to deal with the 3d part. I guess that can be edited in game?

For anybody else that wants to see it, see below. And yes tinpanalley, the 3d part is edited in game, like the Sampras I re-released that has a playface attached.

And this screenshot shows what is included in the folder. The Sampras file is the extracted playface that I edited in Paint.net.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
For anybody else that wants to see it, see below. And yes tinpanalley, the 3d part is edited in game, like the Sampras I re-released that has a playface attached.
Ok, so what I don't understand, I guess I'm not getting it, is how that image is then imported into the game?
Old 06-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Ok, so what I don't understand, I guess I'm not getting it, is how that image is then imported into the game?

You can import and export the face in game. It literally has options like "Attach Playface" and "Remove playface" and "Save Playface"

So for example, somebody had already created a Sampras playface, so I selected "Save playface", which allowed me to access it in the main AO Tennis folder on my computer. After, I was able to open the face in paint.net (Free program that works like photoshop) and I was able to use the smudge tool and other tools to clean up the texture. I saved the file back into the appropriate folder, and went to him in game and hit "Attach playface". And boom, there was my editing texture on Sampras.

Now.. I have no idea how this works on consoles... or even if you can do it on consoles. I play on PC, so it's easy to explain how it works on PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:

Also, FYI: I tweeted at face creator Whatintheworlder on Twitter and asked him if he could make a quick tutorial on how to use it.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
You can import and export the face in game. It literally has options like "Attach Playface" and "Remove playface" and "Save Playface"
Ok, yeah, I'm on PC. Wish there was a playface made in photoshop that I could play with importing. Just to see how it works. Something to work off of to make my own faces.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Ok, yeah, I'm on PC. Wish there was a playface made in photoshop that I could play with importing. Just to see how it works. Something to work off of to make my own faces.

Oh it comes with that, it's in my screenshot above. They give you a base to work off of in the Main AO Tennis folder, there is a folder within that one called "playface" or something.

That's also where you save your created works. I use Paint.net which has Photoshop plugins, and it works beautiful, you will be golden because you have actual Photoshop.

Just go into C://Program files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/AO Tennis and you will find the folder.

If you havnt bought it yet, I could always send you the playface PSD that you can mess with, and you could reupload it to me and I can try and attach it to a player. But if you have already bought the game you can just go grab it yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »