Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 datbushboy @ 06/19/08 08:57 AM
just finished my first game on the demo, of course the game is awesome just because it's football. Other than that I feel like the players still run like their in quick sand, and alot of the same jerky animations happen. The fast players dont even seem fast. On a kickoff return you'll run to the right then using the stick quickly cut back to the left, with your blockers mimmicking your movements very unrealisitically. LSU's Perriloux is damn good, to bad he play for Middle Eastern Alabama U. now. Great job EA. On a brighter note I absolutely love the new "wide open gameplay." The juke moves on this game are awesome, getting in one on one situations in the open field make it fun. The ice the kicker feature is terrific. I ended up winning with LSU 17-14 on a last second field goal where the CPU called a timeout to ice my kicker. HFA is even better than before. I'll definitely buy the game but EA must improve their running animations, it just feels like the players are tired or just jogging all the time.

# 42 HuskerFan @ 06/19/08 09:02 AM
I thought it was much better than 08, but damn, the OSU QB went 10-10 against me. I couldn't stop him. :|

A problem I found was they were talking about LSU RB #5 and they were talking about a wide receiver. Oops.

# 43 ODogg @ 06/19/08 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I haven't had a chance to touch it yet (at work) but from teh impressions posted, the scores seem kinda high for an 8 minute game (many are in the 20's). Many here play 8 minute quarters, so you are looking at 80 point games if you figure the same pace.

Those that have played - do you think that this is an issue or just a by-product of trying to air it out (on Varsity) and trying to score as quickly as possible.
There's always a TON more scoring on varsity than AA.

# 44 cdj @ 06/19/08 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datbushboy
The ice the kicker feature is terrific. I ended up winning with LSU 17-14 on a last second field goal where the CPU called a timeout to ice my kicker. HFA is even better than before.
I was wondering if someone would get into an Ice the Kicker situation....at first, I was worried about it, but I think they did a good job with it.

The current incarnation of HFA is a welcome change from what it was on last-gen, IMO.

Sounds like you had quite the game, man.

# 45 bad_philanthropy @ 06/19/08 09:16 AM
I'm loving the improvements to defensive player control, overall I just feel more involved as it seems you aren't immediately taken out of the play when engaged by a blocker, the next improvement needs to be mapping block shed moves to the right stick though.

# 46 therizing02 @ 06/19/08 09:18 AM
Definitely an improvement over 2008! Just played a game and a half of a mascot game. I beat LSU 10-0. The TD was last play of the game INT return. If you wanna know how FLA and Texas play, fire up the mascot game. It seems as if they are using the actual players just without the uniforms.

PROS

*Smoother/quicker menu transitions
*The cut scenes are much better and feel less scripted. I actually thought the cheerleader cut scenes were well timed and well done.
*Pass Rush is not an issue. I was able to get to Perrilloux twice with a DT.
*Saw the CPU overthrow a couple of receivers.
*MUCH better player control.
*Passing game is much better. I completed a deep ball and a corner route!
*Better pass catching animations.
*The field looks like actual grass.
*I was worried that "wide open gameplay" meant no defense. Not the case at all.
*Better college atmosphere.
*It seems as the suction blocking has been improved upon as well. I especially notice it on kick-offs. My players actually bounce off of the receiving team blockers if they are not met head on. Last year, they would have gotten "sucked" in to the blocking animation.

CONS

*Occasional jerky animations
*I don't particularly like the lighting in the early evening game. Everything seems washed out in yellow.

# 47 ch46647 @ 06/19/08 09:21 AM
To those of you who are playing the demo. Can you hit people now at any point during the play? What I mean by this is if a reciever is running across the field and the ball is coming to him can you lay him out before the ball even gets there? I know its a penalty but I never liked the way you couldnt really touch anyone until the ball was in their possesion.

Thanks

# 48 mdgoalie37 @ 06/19/08 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's always a TON more scoring on varsity than AA.
Oh sure, I just wanted to see if peopel thought there were any issues.

Another question, can you play at both LSU or OSU or just one?

# 49 Craigsca @ 06/19/08 09:27 AM
Couple things I didn't see mentioned that I really like:

- the amount of statistical overlays. It seemed every play was either telling you the result of the last play or the statistics of the player most involved in the last play. Nice touch and helps you get immersed in the current game

- HFA, like others have said, is nice and not overdone. I especially liked when you're coming up on a play and hit the trigger to see which buttons are assigned to your receivers and some of them are marked with a "?" instead of the correct button. Of course, if you memorized the buttons it's not a big deal, but I liked the "oh crap - which one was I aiming for again?" when you come to the line of scrimmage.

# 50 steez3 @ 06/19/08 09:34 AM
Hopefully this is because it is on Varsity but I picked off the OSU qb 4 times in the first half alone....Didnt really see the "morphing" from last years version but the WR still seemed like he was a lil dumb and didnt come back or attack the ball like he should, that was my only concern going into 09 was the INT and fumble problem, Only one of them were user pick too, the other 3 my corner or safety jumped the route........REALLY HOPING THIS IS ONLY CUZ OF THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL, I PRAY TO GOD THATS IT lol.........other then that the animations were very good and the lighting was amazing and really like the total control with the players

# 51 jpringle @ 06/19/08 09:38 AM
1st thing I must say is this game is so F*&KING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! The grass on the field, the sidelines, it all looked like the real thing. The player models are so lifelike its kinda scary . I just won 28-7 using Ohio State. I threw 2 passes over the middle, that the MLB didn't "Superman dat ball" & he didn't. He tried to run to the WR cause the ball was over his head on the 1st try. The 2nd try I threw it a little to his left and he tried to swat it but missed. Thanx EA for making the MLB realistic.

On a sidenote I want 2 say thanx EA for ruining my summer. Once again on July 15 you will turning me into a hermit & I will not be going outside all summer. Thanx EA

# 52 bad_philanthropy @ 06/19/08 09:42 AM
One thing I don't like is that it seems like players speed is inhibited around the line of scrimmage, a player shouldn't be able to go from stop to top speed but it seems like even really fast guys on a jet sweep are unnaturally slow trying to get to the corner or trying to burst through a hole.

# 53 pdandy1994 @ 06/19/08 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
One thing I don't like is that it seems like players speed is inhibited around the line of scrimmage, a player shouldn't be able to go from stop to top speed but it seems like even really fast guys on a jet sweep are unnaturally slow trying to get to the corner or trying to burst through a hole.
How have you played it? It's not out for PS3 yet.

# 54 ohyeahbaby123 @ 06/19/08 09:53 AM
Why do I need XBL Gold to dl this demo?

# 55 Brandwin @ 06/19/08 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Just hope dynasty mode is not as tedious.
Shouldn't be a problem with the new "call" feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjacobs
I was wondering if someone would get into an Ice the Kicker situation....at first, I was worried about it, but I think they did a good job with it.

The current incarnation of HFA is a welcome change from what it was on last-gen, IMO.
How is the ice the kicker feature? HFA seems pretty good so far and not overdone. I liked it.

I only got to play about a quarter and a half (had to leave for work) but the game seems like an improvement over '08 and I didn't really see any problems.

I couldn't judge the pass rush or the cpu quick snap, because I got the ball first, scored and on the second play for Ohio State I picked them off and then I had to leave.

So how is the pass rush while on D?

How is the QB Quick Snap?

(From what I have read in this thread, you guys seem to think that they are not a problem)

# 56 Exonerated @ 06/19/08 09:57 AM
Dam sony making us wait 12 hours. This is madness.

# 57 SageInfinite @ 06/19/08 10:00 AM
Ok now I'm ready for the full game, lol. This game is beautiful. Feels alot like last gen.

# 58 SageInfinite @ 06/19/08 10:04 AM
Im glad they put the mascot game in actually, gives us a chance to see another stadium.

# 59 BSanders @ 06/19/08 10:05 AM
My only complaint is that I had two freezes and that happened quite a few times with last years version on the 360, I hope the ps3 version doesn't do the same.

# 60 bad_philanthropy @ 06/19/08 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy1994
How have you played it? It's not out for PS3 yet.
I also have a 360.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.