Home
Legends Of Wrestlemania News Post

WWE(R) Legends of WrestleMania(R) Playable Demo Now Available for Download via Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace and PlayStation(R)Network

New World Wrestling Entertainment(R) Videogame Property Offers Consumers Game Sample Prior to March Launch

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 5, 2009-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAKK) today announced the WWE® Legends of WrestleMania® playable demo is now available for free download via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The playable demo will allow players to participate in an exhibition match with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Bobby “the Brain” Heenan using the WrestleMania III arena. Players can also watch a highlight reel of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock from WrestleMania XV before completing in-ring objectives to faithfully relive their historic match. WWE Legends of WrestleMania is scheduled for release on March 24, 2009 for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system.

“Our playable demo for WWE Legends of WrestleMania will allow consumers to embrace the game’s unique look and feel in several ways prior to our scheduled launch on March 24,” said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, publishing, THQ. “We look forward to seeing how our fans will relive, rewrite, and redefine WWE history with this brand new videogame experience.”
“As we approach launch, we are pleased to offer a free downloadable demo for WWE Legends of WrestleMania,” said Nelo Lucich, senior vice president of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. “The game’s incredible roster and key features are certain to attract a wide audience.”

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE Legends Of WrestlemaniaReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SPTO @ 03/05/09 06:24 PM
I think the game is fun too. The controls is something that will take getting used to but overall I liked what I played.

# 22 Sheamazin @ 03/05/09 06:35 PM
I've notice the last couple of demos to come out where around 8 or 9 pm.

# 23 vernond @ 03/05/09 07:09 PM
How the f did this guy get the ps3 demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4P69ANesUo

# 24 gbx34 @ 03/05/09 08:17 PM
There is 3 grapples you can do. A+left stick, AA+left stick and then Hold A.

# 25 gbx34 @ 03/05/09 08:29 PM
One thing i notice is when you do the grapple where you go to the back of the opponent. You cannot reverse it.

# 26 WazzuRC @ 03/05/09 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
I thought it was pretty shallow in terms of gameplay. One grapple button is not going to cut it for next gen, last gen, or the gen before that. I believe the final review will be in the high 6's to 7's
Really?! Because No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 beg to differ.

# 27 babythug23 @ 03/05/09 09:37 PM
I think its under UK store

# 28 vernond @ 03/05/09 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
How do you change to get that or do i have to create a new profile? Any help would be appreciated
I'm pretty sure you have to be in the UK

# 29 babythug23 @ 03/05/09 09:50 PM
Yea its under UKstore . I just made another profile took me 2 minutes. Just make another profile.Put UK instead of US when you sign up for Playstation network.Once you download it you can play it on your US account

# 30 babythug23 @ 03/05/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernond
I'm pretty sure you have to be in the UK
Naw you can just make another profile and put UK. Its really simple.

# 31 vernond @ 03/05/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
Naw you can just make another profile and put UK. Its really simple.
No ****, cool.

# 32 gbx34 @ 03/05/09 11:47 PM
Weren't you talking about the demo?

# 33 GnarlyKing @ 03/05/09 11:58 PM
I really like it. I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of wrestling since shortly after the WCW buyout, and haven't played a wrestling game since then, but just seeing the crowd go crazy as soon as Hogan's music starts up put a big smile on my face. The game is actually really fun to play too. The only huge downer for me is no Randy Savage, but I can't wait until the 24th now.

# 34 babythug23 @ 03/06/09 12:09 AM
Anyone understand the Pin meter? I read what it said but i still don't understand what i suppose to do

# 35 TimmeH @ 03/06/09 12:30 AM
From what I understand from the pin meter, you have the option to either mash the buttons to get the meter up to the blue line, OR hold down a button and release it on the blue line. It's much quicker to hold the button, but if you miss the blue line you're f'd.

At first I didn't like the pin meter, but I got used to it as time went on.

As for those complaining about the grapples, I don't think it's that bad.

You have four weak front grapples and two strong front grapples available at all times. As your wrestler "levels up" the grapple moves change, which gives variety as to what moves you're doing.

It's not any worse than SVR where you're stuck doing the same four weak grapples because the CPU counters every strong grapple lol

# 36 johnrice20022002 @ 03/06/09 03:24 PM
To be quite honest, I actually believe the limited move-set helps give Legends more of a TV-like simulation feel. Most superstarts only perform a few different signature moves, along with the basic irish whips, turbuckle tosses and out-of-the-ring abuse. The best parts of the demo, though, are the objectives. Actually reliving the events that transpired during Austin and Rock's match was pretty cool. Puttin the Brahma Bull through the Spanish announce table with the patented bionic elbow was awesome each and every time I did it.

Game's shapin up to be pretty decent I must say.

# 37 Mr. JDM @ 03/06/09 09:51 PM
i dont get it...i downloaded the PS3 demo from the UK site & when i click to play it, it says it cant play on my video output settings! i dont have HD(i know, i know...this spring i will), & am using the red/white/yellow cables, so does this only work in high-def? thats the only thing i can think of because i tried adjusting the video output settings & i still get the same msg. plus, all my other games are working fine

# 38 WazzuRC @ 03/06/09 09:59 PM
Demo is great. I'm really enjoying it, especially reliving the Rock-Austin match.

I can't pin for the life of me though. I keep tapping B or holding B and he does nothing. Any tips on that?

# 39 DXZeke @ 03/06/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Demo is great. I'm really enjoying it, especially reliving the Rock-Austin match.

I can't pin for the life of me though. I keep tapping B or holding B and he does nothing. Any tips on that?
Try pressing Down and B. That's what I've done.

# 40 vernond @ 03/06/09 10:38 PM
How long are the matches going for you guys? Doest the health meter ever refill or does it just keep decreasing?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.