Home
Legends Of Wrestlemania News Post

WWE(R) Legends of WrestleMania(R) Playable Demo Now Available for Download via Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace and PlayStation(R)Network

New World Wrestling Entertainment(R) Videogame Property Offers Consumers Game Sample Prior to March Launch

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 5, 2009-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAKK) today announced the WWE® Legends of WrestleMania® playable demo is now available for free download via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The playable demo will allow players to participate in an exhibition match with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Bobby “the Brain” Heenan using the WrestleMania III arena. Players can also watch a highlight reel of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock from WrestleMania XV before completing in-ring objectives to faithfully relive their historic match. WWE Legends of WrestleMania is scheduled for release on March 24, 2009 for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system.

“Our playable demo for WWE Legends of WrestleMania will allow consumers to embrace the game’s unique look and feel in several ways prior to our scheduled launch on March 24,” said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, publishing, THQ. “We look forward to seeing how our fans will relive, rewrite, and redefine WWE history with this brand new videogame experience.”
“As we approach launch, we are pleased to offer a free downloadable demo for WWE Legends of WrestleMania,” said Nelo Lucich, senior vice president of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. “The game’s incredible roster and key features are certain to attract a wide audience.”

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE Legends Of WrestlemaniaReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TimmeH @ 03/11/09 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I know I'm overreacting and I get to finally play the demo tomorrow( I hope) but there was a sequence that really bothered me in that Hogan had a sleeper hold on Bossman and then it just cuts out and goes to the next scene where Bossman's on the ground, Hogan's standing over him and I have no clue what happened. They could at least show Bossman getting out of the sleeper. It just seems to me that those badly edited sequences will take you right out of the immersion factor of any fighting game. The roving camera angles don't help either.

I actually applaud that's it's more arcady and unlike SVR becausee I use to love playing years back at the arcade with the WWF game but there was no cutscenes and when you did any move it would happen as you pulled it off. So if LOW wants to be arcade like they should keep it in that vein totally by seeing the move immediately as you pull it off.

Trust me I really want to like this game and I hope I enjoy it tomorrow. I don't care about weight detection or the fact that Andre can get picked up by anyone or that guys don't sell moves as long as they give us a tightly presented package where the game stays with a flow that the controls scheme was designed for. What I saw was something that seemed disjointed.
Well I can tell you now, RTE moves are disjointed. It's one of the three or four flaws that I've found with this game. Anyone who enjoys it will have to be able to look past it.

I can look past it because I find the RTE in general to be very fun, even in it's disjointed form, it gives the matches more flow than I've ever felt in SVR. It's also a fun little challenge.

I'm hoping that the game doesn't lag at all in the online world, but RTE could make online wrestling quite fun.

# 82 Stumbleweed @ 03/11/09 01:53 PM
I haven't played a wrestling game since probably the PlayStation 1 days, but I enjoyed this. Definitely brought back some memories of my wrestling-watching days and I enjoyed the presentation and graphics especially... they got the atmosphere nailed IMO.

Kicked the crap out of Hogan with my dude Andre, but that was the only victory I've had -- the Rock kept catching me in his special and pinning me, even after I was beating him down for most of the match trying to complete all the objectives. The controls are definitely intimidating/confusing at first, but I got the hang of it after a while and didn't mind them. The grapple system is interesting -- it is hard to tell when that will be engaged vs. the button-mash submission moves, but I'm sure that would get easier to detect as you play the game more. I like the idea that most moves can be countered and re-countered via the system, and it definitely adds a bit of fast-twitch skill to the whole equation.

Pretty fun... if I still had GameFly, I'd definitely check it out just to see all the old wrestlers and I thought the "recreate" idea was cool.

# 83 sportznut02 @ 03/12/09 07:06 PM
The Demo is now available in the Playstation Store

# 84 DJ @ 03/12/09 08:22 PM
One thing I really like is the manager interactions. I was playing as Hulk against Andre and, after hitting the Big Leg Drop of Doom, went to pin Andre but he was close to the ropes and Heenan pulled his leg onto the rope (not sure if Heenan could lift his leg IRL but it's a videogame so I'll roll with it) to break the count. A few seconds later, Andre chopped me down and Heenan called him over for a quick consult which helped give him an energy boost.

There might be instances where the interaction is overdone, but so far, I'm liking the way it's handled in the game.

I busted Andre open, too, and the blood looked good. Total match time was around 7 min. After the consult, it was very back-and-forth.

# 85 raidersbball20 @ 03/12/09 09:17 PM
I will definitely be getting this game

# 86 Altimus @ 03/12/09 09:44 PM
Not a big fan of the demo and I hated the camera angle. I started liking the game outside the ring when the camera zoomed out, but I can't play with the default in ring camera.

# 87 DJ @ 03/12/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Not a big fan of the demo and I hated the camera angle. I started liking the game outside the ring when the camera zoomed out, but I can't play with the default in ring camera.
Hopefully there will be alternate camera angles in the retail version.

# 88 deon2333 @ 03/13/09 10:39 AM
I hope that when the actual game comes out that you can pick whether the wrestler can be a face or a heel when you go to the selection screen.

# 89 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/13/09 03:12 PM
Is there a create a wrestler in this game?

# 90 Altimus @ 03/13/09 03:55 PM
Also is it just me or does the color of the game change/get brighter when you do some kind of move?

# 91 TheYankeeKiller @ 03/13/09 08:27 PM
So I just played the demo (haven't read all the responses thus far, sorry). All I have to say is: I hate F'n button mashing. That is all it takes for me to not like the game. This is the 21st century with a PS3/360. I should not have to button mash. EVER!

Yeah, I understand they want an 'old school' feel, but that shouldn't mean 'old school' (read: crappy, inferior*) controls. Sometimes I wonder if the developers are actually gamers.

*With regards to wrestling games.

# 92 lasthour @ 03/13/09 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYankeeKiller
So I just played the demo (haven't read all the responses thus far, sorry). All I have to say is: I hate F'n button mashing. That is all it takes for me to not like the game. This is the 21st century with a PS3/360. I should not have to button mash. EVER!

Yeah, I understand they want an 'old school' feel, but that shouldn't mean 'old school' (read: crappy, inferior*) controls. Sometimes I wonder if the developers are actually gamers.

*With regards to wrestling games.
What does old school feel have to do with button mashing? You can not even button mash in this game and get good results.

I take it that if you do not like this game you must really not like the Smackdown series. Could you please explain what it is that you do not like in more detail? I find the game fun and entertaining, it is also different in its execution than other wrestling games. Regular moves, chain moves, finishing moves, turnbuckle moves, apron moves, outside ring moves, special moves plus finishing moves, meaningful taunts and 3 tiers. What do you not like the control mechanics?

# 93 lamoyou318 @ 03/13/09 11:34 PM
downloaded it,played it for 2 minutes,deleted it instantly

# 94 TheYankeeKiller @ 03/14/09 08:45 AM
Firstly, I do not discuss anything with people, online or not, who are condescending, so quit telling me that I'm not doing it correctly. Secondly, yes, you do mash buttons to make your wrestling stand up and for some of the mini games (some grapples and submissions). This is the 21st century. I'm not going to do that. Otherwise, the controls don't bother me (as assumed, and you know what assuming does, which it did).

Yeah, I'll play it a bit more, but I don't see myself liking the button mashing. I only button mash when I play old games, and that is due to nostalgia (WWF Raw on SNES...oh I love that Royal Rumble).

# 95 lasthour @ 03/14/09 12:49 PM
You can hold a button down to get up?

If you do not like the game then move on already, no need for the multiple negative post for a game you do not like apparently.

# 96 TheYankeeKiller @ 03/14/09 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
You can hold a button down to get up?

If you do not like the game then move on already, no need for the multiple negative post for a game you do not like apparently.
I only made my first post to give my impressions. I was unaware this thread was only for positive impressions. I'm not going to sugar coat what I think for you or anyone else. I will still play the demo a few more times, but the button mashing will be enough to ruin the game for me.
I made the second post to set people straight who called me out as a liar (you are one of them). Next time, keep your posts factual and I won't have to come back.

EDIT: Apologies from me. After playing again, I tried just holding the button down to get up, and it does work. The animation in the corner, to me, looked like it wanted me to mash the buttons (and I did not see anything in the tutorial about it). However, it still requires button mashing for some submissions and grapples. I still don't like that part, but I'll play a little more to see what I think.

# 97 lasthour @ 03/14/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYankeeKiller
I only made my first post to give my impressions. I was unaware this thread was only for positive impressions. I'm not going to sugar coat what I think for you or anyone else. I will still play the demo a few more times, but the button mashing will be enough to ruin the game for me.
I made the second post to set people straight who called me out as a liar (you are one of them). Next time, keep your posts factual and I won't have to come back.

EDIT: Apologies from me. After playing again, I tried just holding the button down to get up, and it does work. The animation in the corner, to me, looked like it wanted me to mash the buttons (and I did not see anything in the tutorial about it). However, it still requires button mashing for some submissions and grapples. I still don't like that part, but I'll play a little more to see what I think.
No need for attitude, we on the internet man.

If you throw the cpu in the corner, double tap A(I think), then tap one of the face buttons just as the screen flashes you can do turnbuckle moves too.

# 98 TimmeH @ 03/15/09 11:29 PM
Quote:
Some guy over at the Gamespot forums got a copy of the game because apparently they are selling it over at is military base (posted a picture with the game to prove it so it's legit) and he's showing achievements already unlocked on his gamer tag.

Apparently some of the RRR moments are locked at the beginning and you may not be able to do all of relive, rewrite and redefine all the WM matches. HITC and cage matches are only used for the WM matches, (hopefully they can be unlocked becaus that would be a downer) and he can't find any unlockable characters. They might still be hidden somewhere.

Nothing about multiple skill levels mentioned which will be a gamekiler for me. One kinda cool thing is that the DX wardrobe for HBK and Triple H are included as is the theme song.
The guys at GamingRing have the game, and one is reporting that their are custom sliders, ie SVR. That is a relief for me, we should be able to customize the game to make it more challenging.

Although it'll probably be like SVR where the sliders didn't affect RTW, I'm guessing the sliders won't affect RRR.

# 99 TimmeH @ 03/16/09 02:40 PM
Quote:
That is a relief because the demo has become pretty easy for me and I was thinking that if the Rock\Austin relive was as hard as it gets then this game would get old fast.

I haven't played a SVR game in a long time, what are the sliders like? What can you change?

The RRR thing doesn't really interest me that much anyways but if this game can have online with no lag like SF4 then I could play it a long time. Even the slightest lag will ruin it because of those button sequences.
Here's a video on YouTube of all the options menus for LOWM. It shows all the sliders and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69t2...layer_embedded

As long as the sliders work, it looks like the difficulty is fully customizable

# 100 TimmeH @ 03/16/09 04:50 PM
Quote:
Thanks brother, Now I'm glad I preordered. Put damage rate at lowest setting and you can have some really long and epic matches.

Also saw on Youtube that there is 4 unlockables. Earthquake you get from completing something and Muraco, Okerlund and Steamboat you get from a hidden code. 3 of those 4 would be great but I don't know what purpose Okerlund would have in the game.
Where's the Youtube about unlockables? I have not stumbled upon it yet

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.