Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 footballislife @ 04/07/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
On a day where I needed good news (got in a car wreck last night and now fear that I may medically never be able to drive again), it's good to hear this. I haven't been able to get a chance to play the game too much, but now it looks like I may be able to get in on this.
Dude seriously!!! What a Buzzkill..

Just kidding hope you are ok.

# 42 lv2bll @ 04/07/09 08:08 PM
thanks russ for the info, ohh and my car broke down 5 days after i got laid off so i feel u drug(i am now a rel nolifer)

Nooooooooooo!

# 43 SoxFan01605 @ 04/07/09 08:21 PM
Quote:
On a day where I needed good news (got in a car wreck last night and now fear that I may medically never be able to drive again), it's good to hear this. I haven't been able to get a chance to play the game too much, but now it looks like I may be able to get in on this.

Wow, bro...

Hope you're okay. My prayers to you.

# 44 bleedcubbieblue25 @ 04/07/09 08:30 PM
Awesome news!

Will the Cubs batting helmets be in the patch? All batting helmets are solid blue instead of the red bill.

You guys already have the hats right.

# 45 WazzuRC @ 04/07/09 11:13 PM
Fantastic news!

# 46 mets718 @ 04/07/09 11:18 PM
Quote:
Damn man sorry man, Just be positive. I got to a car wreck when I was 15 years old, and I couldn't move my right leg for 3 month's since it got hit by so much pressure that it broke my ankle and and knee, I also got cut really deep that I almost lost my leg from a infection, but with therapy i got back and had flexibility in my right leg, also watching the kids in my school play baseball after school got me more aggressive to work harder since I love baseball. That's what I get for whining to be in the front seat. lol. So just be positive, and try hard.

# 47 mcev @ 04/07/09 11:55 PM
would the patch work retroactively for my franchise or would i have to make a new one?

# 48 andybaseball2005 @ 04/08/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcev
would the patch work retroactively for my franchise or would i have to make a new one?
I would think so, but not 100% sure.

# 49 vernond @ 04/08/09 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Andy, not sure. The franchise is a saved file and I'm guessing that he'd have to start his franchise over again. I don't think the patch, when downloaded will go into a saved file. I think that's how it works, but not totally sure. Anybody know for sure?
I believe it depends if they create the patch with a save file attatched to it. I don't really know what that means but remember reading someone else ask a question about a patch working with a saved franchise and the dev. said it will work becuase they didn't create the patch with a save file attatched to it, or something like that. I think. I probably just added more confusion.

# 50 Furq @ 04/08/09 01:06 AM
For most games the patch will work anyways, but for certain issues it may require a fresh franchise. I think any sort of gameplay issue would apply either way, but something that fixes the historical stat bug I've heard about would probably need a new franchise.

Not sure, but just a guess from what I've experienced in the past with sports games.

# 51 Zinger @ 04/08/09 07:46 AM
Good to see the developers saying that they would be publishing the contents of the patch. I seem to recall a lot of speculation last year about what exactly had been fixed.

# 52 Bahnzo @ 04/08/09 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game.
Anyone want to speculate on if this will improve the quality of the online play? ie: lag?

# 53 brunnoce @ 04/08/09 08:45 AM
heres what i hopes they can fix:

-Schedule

-DH Fatigue

-Lineup Logic

-Roster Control

-On player editor, to be able to assign wrist bands over long and 3/4 sleeves(PLEASE, we were on 08)

-Any stance/delivery or uniform(Rangers helmet) fix would be sweet to, although im not holding my breath on those.

# 54 FKJ22 @ 04/08/09 09:14 AM
The games amazing aside from the lineups, and historical stat glitch. I know they have bigger issues to deal with but im praying they fix the outfield walls at Citi field. Does any one who owned 08 know if they patched stadium issues last year?

# 55 green94 @ 04/08/09 09:34 AM
I'm a huge franchise guy so outside of a few exhibition games here and there, I really haven't touched this game. Crazy, since it is the only game I have for my ps3. Hopefully our concerns are addressed.

# 56 Computalover @ 04/08/09 09:36 AM
What about the glitch when you are in franchise mode, during the beginning of the season, your lineups in the minors, especially AA, are not filled. you attempt to fill these lineups and not only the game resets, but the system itself resets? i mean the only work around is to sim the first game of the season (maybe the first 2) and let the system auto fill the rosters, then you can do any change you want.. (save the game when you see this!) it happens EVERY spring training and if you sim spring or not..

# 57 chasmalgrat3 @ 04/08/09 09:38 AM
I don't think we'll be seeing an updated Citi Field. I seem to remember something about last year that SCEA won't update stadiums. That's cool I guess, they did the best they could with the info they had. Even being a Mets fan I don't think it's that big of a deal, but to each his own. I'm sure at the very least they'll be fixing the DL issue and lets hope they can either fix the lineup logic (so we could download the latest roster files that don't have the historical stats glitch) or the historical stats glitch (so we can download Knights rosters that are more accurate and have the lineups fixed already) - or better yet both!

# 58 loogs @ 04/08/09 09:54 AM
thank the blessed lord

# 59 JEFFFMASSTERS @ 04/08/09 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team
hey russell,
So basicaly online wont work until patch is ready. Im just saying this because when i signed on this morning it had a message telling me, i need a software update in order to play online. A few of my buds have the same message. so how long until we can play online!

# 60 Avs64 @ 04/08/09 11:06 AM
Ok I have to raise an issue though about the patch...It says you can recover your save file and continue on in the RTTS IF your save file is before a training session. Does that mean that Im screwed and cant recover it no matter what If i did a training session or what?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.