Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the stadium updates.

Quote:
"Hey guys, Adam Thompson here to bring you this week’s NCAA Football 10 update blog. This week we’ll take a look at the new stadium additions and renovations for this year."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Squeezee12 @ 04/26/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airblair223
OMT, it should go without saying that HA Chapman is wrong. You should know because your UCF Knights were brutally pounded at the venue last season. The video board is incorrect. It's the video board from Skelly Stadium. The paint, as well, is from Skelly Stadium (since renovated and renamed HA Chapman). You said, either correctly or incorrectly, that you had to actually go to these venues to render them into the game. Now, unless you can provide a compelling a reason as to how you screw this up, I am going to call out the integrity of those excuses.

Tulsa has had a long wait to have its stadium rendered into the game. Then, when it gets done, some moron in the bowels of EA can't take the TIME to get it right. No, seriously, if you want to complain about EA's perception among fans, you actually have to give a reason or two to change it.

If the errors are fixed, I will gladly rescind this scorching post. But somehow I doubt it will get fixed, if history is an indication of anything. Too bad the Knights aren't coming to Tulsa this year.....
So youre gonna insult Adam and EA to get what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboxjon
So if I'm reading this correctly, Minnesota's new stadium will NOT be in the game? Thats unacceptable considering it is a Big Ten school and one of the largest universities in the entire country. Any chance of it becoming downloadable content or something?
Its been said many times.... The stadium is not done. They can not guess at the finished stadium otherwise they will get it wrong and then you will be on here complaining about how wrong it is... I understand that you want it in. I do to. But I understand why it is not in....

# 142 airblair223 @ 04/26/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
Haha ouch about the Knights getting owned there last year.

About the stadium being wrong, you are only correct about the scoreboard. Yes it is from the old skelley stadium, but I believe the colors are right from the new stadium. It looks to me like it is its new tan color (although its hard to tell with the fans in the stands). But overall, I'm pretty impressed with the stadium, unlike you it appears haha. The case athletic complex looks great as does the new press box and the Reynolds Center east of it.

I think EA did a pretty good job.

Sorry my friend, the paint is wrong. They probably know it and don't care to fix it, which is at the core of my argument. The entire stadium is set in Tennessee Ledgstone which is the exact same stone on the Case Center (in the North Endzone). Just unreal that they screwed this up IMO. Perhaps it is an easy fix. Either way, the core of my post which raises interesting questions should not go unnoticed. It's OK to voir dire the legitimacy of any reason or excuse.

# 143 airblair223 @ 04/26/09 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
So youre gonna insult Adam and EA to get what you want?

Its been said many times.... The stadium is not done. They can not guess at the finished stadium otherwise they will get it wrong and then you will be on here complaining about how wrong it is... I understand that you want it in. I do to. But I understand why it is not in....
I didn't insult him. I called him out. Big difference. I haven't called him a hack or anything. But I think I raised questions that need to be answered. If he answers them, I will gladly shake hands in agreement. We'll see.

# 144 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/26/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Sorry my friend, the paint is wrong. They probably know it and don't care to fix it, which is at the core of my argument. The entire stadium is set in Tennessee Ledgstone which is the exact same stone on the Case Center (in the North Endzone). Just unreal that they screwed this up IMO. Perhaps it is an easy fix. Either way, the core of my post which raises interesting questions should not go unnoticed. It's OK to voir dire the legitimacy of any reason or excuse.
Alright alright sure.

I'm just happy it's in this year. In my opinion it looks great; and this is coming from someone who has been to every TU game for the past 7 years.

# 145 airblair223 @ 04/26/09 11:14 PM
Quote:
Alright alright sure.

I'm just happy it's in this year. In my opinion it looks great; and this is coming from someone who has been to every TU game for the past 7 years.
You have me beat there, only because I was in Vegas for the Rice game last year. But I watched it with some nice company.

# 146 Potatoes002 @ 04/26/09 11:53 PM
So....... Martin Stadium updated? Please? Please?

# 147 brooks17 @ 04/27/09 10:48 PM
Still dont know if Southern is updated.

# 148 coogrfan @ 05/04/09 10:11 AM
Quote:
OMT, it should go without saying that HA Chapman is wrong. You should know because your UCF Knights were brutally pounded at the venue last season. The video board is incorrect. It's the video board from Skelly Stadium. The paint, as well, is from Skelly Stadium (since renovated and renamed HA Chapman). You said, either correctly or incorrectly, that you had to actually go to these venues to render them into the game. Now, unless you can provide a compelling a reason as to how you screw this up, I am going to call out the integrity of those excuses.

Tulsa has had a long wait to have its stadium rendered into the game. Then, when it gets done, some moron in the bowels of EA can't take the TIME to get it right. No, seriously, if you want to complain about EA's perception among fans, you actually have to give a reason or two to change it.

If the errors are fixed, I will gladly rescind this scorching post. But somehow I doubt it will get fixed, if history is an indication of anything. Too bad the Knights aren't coming to Tulsa this year.....
Do you really think acting like a jerk is going to get your stadium fixed? If so, why?

They say that "you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar". Apparently that saying hasn't reached Tulsa, OK quite yet.

Oh yeah, one more thing, since you seem so concerned with last year's results ... Houston 70, Tulsa 30.

# 149 OMT @ 05/04/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Haha ouch about the Knights getting owned there last year.

About the stadium being wrong, you are only correct about the scoreboard. Yes it is from the old skelley stadium, but I believe the colors are right from the new stadium. It looks to me like it is its new tan color (although its hard to tell with the fans in the stands). But overall, I'm pretty impressed with the stadium, unlike you it appears haha. The case athletic complex looks great as does the new press box and the Reynolds Center east of it.

I think EA did a pretty good job.
The artists worked from reference of this stadium taken in the summer of 2006.

# 150 zoltan @ 05/04/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Do you really think acting like a jerk is going to get the your stadium fixed? If so, why?

They say that "you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar". Apparently that saying hasn't reached Tulsa, OK quite yet.

Oh yeah, one more thing, since you seem so concerned with last year's results ... Houston 70, Tulsa 30.
houston put up 70 on tulsa last year???!

# 151 Squeezee12 @ 05/04/09 11:48 AM
ya it was bad.....

# 152 coogrfan @ 05/04/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
houston put up 70 on tulsa last year???!
Sweet, sweeeeet payback for the 56-7 thumping TU put on us in 2007. We have a history of putting up big numbers against Tulsa (82-28 in 1988 and 100-6 back in 1968.)

Of course, being UH we proceeded to end the season by getting thumped by Rice when a win would have sent us to the C-USA Conf. championship game.

# 153 thescoop @ 05/04/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks17
Still dont know if Southern is updated.

Last update I got form OMT on the Southern Miss expansion wasn't good, but new uniforms and alts should be there. He wouldn't say no and maybe he's not answering cause it is a deadline thing he's trying to beat, but for now I'm betting against it.

# 154 brooks17 @ 05/04/09 10:52 PM
Okay, thanks. I wish it would be updated because it has changed a whole lot.

# 155 AirRaidTT @ 05/04/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Sweet, sweeeeet payback for the 56-7 thumping TU put on us in 2007. We have a history of putting up big numbers against Tulsa (82-28 in 1988 and 100-6 back in 1968.)

Of course, being UH we proceeded to end the season by getting thumped by Rice when a win would have sent us to the C-USA Conf. championship game.
We need our own little payback on Tulsa since they backed out on our game last year to get beat by lowly Arkansas thus making our OOC schedule look even more pathetic than it already was.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the 70-30 score though.

# 156 thescoop @ 05/05/09 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks17
Okay, thanks. I wish it would be updated because it has changed a whole lot.
Yeah it has. It is so much better now. I've still got my fingers crossed, but just not betting on it. I sent him links with pictures of the stadium to him, so if it isn't there, I'm sure he'll get it next year.

I'm still buying it even if he can't beat the deadline, because I know OMT tried to do so. He's a solid guy.

# 157 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/08/09 08:44 PM
It looks great.

# 158 dstubb @ 05/09/09 01:20 AM
OMT - just wondered if you saw my post about Doyt Perry Stadium - any chance to get that fixed? Seems like it would be a minor thing to do to turn the falcon logo the other direction and put the home team on the correct side.

Just curious...thanks

# 159 Potatoes002 @ 05/09/09 02:18 AM
OMT is dead

# 160 Solidice @ 05/09/09 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
OMT is dead

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.