Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted the full rookie ratings for Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"Thanks for following us the last couple of days as we've tracked a number of the incoming NFL rookies and their ratings in Madden NFL 10. Now that we're at the end of the last round of this year's Draft, it's time to release all of the rookie ratings created thus far by our ratings guru Donny Moore. The file below has all of the ratings for every rookie currently created in Madden NFL 10."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheSaint92 @ 04/26/09 07:54 PM
Thanks

# 2 afro_dogg20 @ 04/26/09 07:57 PM
sweet, thanks man.

# 3 Lodeus @ 04/26/09 07:57 PM
Awesome.

# 4 Krodis @ 04/26/09 08:11 PM
As a Panthers fan, Duke Robinson is way overrated as a pass blocker. If he was even an acceptable pass blocker he wouldn't have dropped to the 5th.

But I know these ratings were done way ahead of time so.

Also, Matt Stafford's real big knock is questionable accuracy, yet he seems to have overwhelmingly the best accuracy of all the QBs and probably better than a few current starters. I'd advise you to look at that.

# 5 kcarr @ 04/26/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
As a Panthers fan, Duke Robinson is way overrated as a pass blocker. If he was even an acceptable pass blocker he wouldn't have dropped to the 5th.

But I know these ratings were done way ahead of time so.

Also, Matt Stafford's real big knock is questionable accuracy, yet he seems to have overwhelmingly the best accuracy of all the QBs and probably better than a few current starters. I'd advise you to look at that.
Actually his accuracy in all but deep throws is lower than sanchez. Also his short accuracy is lower than a couple of guys. I think it is too high but it isn't the highest in class.

# 6 SHO @ 04/26/09 08:37 PM
These seriously need some work.

# 7 Krodis @ 04/26/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Actually his accuracy in all but deep throws is lower than sanchez. Also his short accuracy is lower than a couple of guys. I think it is too high but it isn't the highest in class.
Fair enough, but it just seems to high on average considering it's supposed to be the knock on him.

# 8 kcarr @ 04/26/09 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Fair enough, but it just seems to high on average considering it's supposed to be the knock on him.
Totally agree. Both him and freeman could be knocked down a couple.

# 9 The.Nacirema.Dream @ 04/26/09 08:49 PM
@Krodis: Stafford "overwhelmingly" having the best accuracy out of any QB in the draft? I don't know what your definition of "overwhelming" is, but I think that it a poor choice of words.

To illustrate, there are 18 QB's rated in the excel sheet, the numbers for Stafford are as follows:

TA-short: 87 (3rd overall) - [90, 88 highest; 84, 84 close below]
TA-medium: 83 (2nd overall) - [86 high]; [82, 80 close below]
TA-long: 82 (1st overall) - [79, 78, 78 close below]

That by any stretch of the word is not "overwhelming." It seems logically consistent with why he was the number 1 pick in the draft. Sure there were some concerns about his accuracy, but those concerns should not be judged against other rookie players, but rather established NFL quarterbacks.

His ratings in my view are appropriate.

# 10 treee @ 04/26/09 09:03 PM
I don't have excel.

# 11 tonynyy @ 04/26/09 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treee
I don't have excel.
Any specific players you want to see?

# 12 Anti Honor @ 04/26/09 09:22 PM
lol @ some of these ratings.

I'd like to know how Terrance Taylor gets a 78 str rating, when he benched 37 reps. And a guy like Connor Barwin is 76 str, when he benched 23 reps.

So, let me get this straight - Michael Oher, who isn't stronger than Taylor, gets a 95 str rating? Even Chris Beanie Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor? Nitpicky, right? Well, maybe if the guy had 85 str, but we're talking about a 78 str rating, for one of the strongest DTs in the draft. Not the brightest guy in the world, by any means, but certainly worthy of a str rating above 78.

Wow.

I'd love the name of the person who does these ratings, so I can send him a quick email/PM.

# 13 tonynyy @ 04/26/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor

I'd like to know how Terrance Taylor gets a 78 str rating, when he benched 37 reps. And a guy like Connor Barwin is 76 str, when he benched 23 reps.

So, let me get this straight - Michael Oher, who isn't stronger than Taylor, gets a 95 str rating? Even Chris Beanie Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor? Nitpicky, right? Well, maybe if the guy had 85 str, but we're talking about a 78 str rating, for one of the strongest DTs in the draft. Not the brightest guy in the world, by any means, but certainly worthy of a str rating above 78.

Wow.

I'd love the name of the person who does these ratings, so I can send him a quick email/PM.
lol, his name is Donny Moore, and he's a member on the forums. have fun!

Honestly, there's a difference between functional game strength and weight room strength, the bench press doesn't tell the whole story.

# 14 Anti Honor @ 04/26/09 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyy
lol, his name is Donny Moore, and he's a member on the forums. have fun!

Honestly, there's a difference between functional game strength and weight room strength, the bench press doesn't tell the whole story.
Oh, I see.. So, Donny Moore actually did sit down and do a little homework before throwing up one of the most ridiculous ratings I've seen so far in this years rookie class? I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, and say he assumed no one would really care about Taylor, and just picked a number off the top of his head.

I apologize.

Functional game str, weight room str - Terrance Taylor is stronger than 78.

# 15 kcarr @ 04/26/09 09:32 PM
Quote:

Wow.

Bench press really has very little relevance when discussing strength, especially discussing number of reps lifting 225 pounds. That is a matter of chest endurance, not strength.

Upper body strength would be much better shown by a one rep max in the bench press and really that is still only chest and a little of the shoulders. No one lift can even show all upperbody strength.

Also, more important than upper body strength for most positions is lower body strength.

# 16 Anti Honor @ 04/26/09 09:35 PM
Quote:
Bench press really has very little relevance when discussing strength, especially discussing number of reps lifting 225 pounds. That is a matter of chest endurance, not strength.

Upper body strength would be much better shown by a one rep max in the bench press and really that is still only chest and a little of the shoulders. No one lift can even show all upperbody strength.

Also, more important than upper body strength for most positions is lower body strength.
Then how exactly did Donny Moore decide that Terrance Taylor is 78 str?

I'm curious. Did he have Taylor in for a private work out, which he then compared it to the private work out he had with Ricky-Jean Francois, where he then decided that Francois is indeed stronger than Taylor?

# 17 JeriousNorwood @ 04/26/09 09:38 PM
I agree, if you do 37 reps you should have a higher strength, but strength is a general term. Playing DT, you don't just use your arms. Lower body strength is MUCH more important. I don't care how much he benches if he gets pushed around due to having an average lower body strength. Bench reps is a good gauge, but it should in no way define someone's strength.

# 18 kcarr @ 04/26/09 09:38 PM
Quote:
Then how exactly did Donny Moore decide that Terrance Taylor is 78 str?

I'm curious. Did he have Taylor in for a private work out, which he then compared it to the private work out he had with Ricky-Jean Francois, where he then decided that Francois is indeed stronger than Taylor?
He mainly goes off of reports from scouts from a variety of websites as well as his impressions watching the guys play.

Obviously he can't get every player in for an individual workout and it would be unreasonable to think that he would. However this does not mean that he should go off of drills that have no relevance in the matter.

# 19 Anti Honor @ 04/26/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
He mainly goes off of reports from scouts from a variety of websites as well as his impressions watching the guys play.
Oh really?

Link me to any scout that says Chris ''Beanie'' Wells is stronger than Terrance Taylor.

# 20 ImReady77 @ 04/26/09 09:44 PM
Quote:

Wow.

If a player benches over 35reps they should be over a 93 in strength automatically. Loadholt did 24 reps and he has 94 strength. How?

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.