Home
News Post

Have the Fight Night Round 4 demo? If so, post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SteelerSpartan @ 05/14/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeknowzz
I have to agree with you. There are a lot of things to like about this demo but the control scheme is not one of them. Maybe I'm not as agile on the sticks as I used to be but I'm having a hard time trying to throw the correct punch. It seems like I'll be spending more time in the damn tutorial mode than I will in an actual contest.

I think a lot of people on the fence about this game will not buy it due to the controls. I want a challenging game but I'm not sure if I have the time or patience to ever become competent with TPC.
Well Im going to try and endure because the game does have a lot of upside (if it was tuned correctly)

but I would really like an answer from them why buttons couldn't have been added at least for the Offline Legacy People????...would it really have hurt them that much Financially/Ethically to have them there???

# 122 Gambeino @ 05/14/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
I have to agree with you. There are a lot of things to like about this demo but the control scheme is not one of them. Maybe I'm not as agile on the sticks as I used to be but I'm having a hard time trying to throw the correct punch. It seems like I'll be spending more time in the damn tutorial mode than I will in an actual contest.

I think a lot of people on the fence about this game will not buy it due to the controls. I want a challenging game but I'm not sure if I have the time or patience to ever become competent with TPC.

What I don't understand is if the majority played Round 3 using buttons, I'm sure I'm not the only one that tried analog and switch to buttons, why would you isolate the big MAJORITY. If you gonna concentrate on one scheme and had to get rid of one why wasn't it the one the was least played ANALOG. Not trying to knock you analog guys. People say button mashing but if a guy button mashes me he will not beat me, straight up. This game has to have casual appeal, you have to reach everybody.

# 123 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 10:13 PM
Quote:

My brother is a newbie at Fight Night, and is having trouble with "arc stick" punches(essentially hooks & uppercuts to the head). Although I was a button man in FN 3, my execution of Haymaker punches makes the transition fairly easy. Anyone have any tips for him? I can't teach him.

# 124 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Time and patience. Man, it aint that deep, lol. **** is easy.
I have to agree. I'm not a master yet, but I'm glad it's sticks only.

# 125 TequILLa @ 05/14/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Time and patience. Man, it aint that deep, lol. **** is easy.
Everybody doesn't have patience like you do, just because it's easy for you it not for a lot of people. It's good that you can catch on so fast, I wish I was like you.

# 126 nickelplaydit @ 05/14/09 10:22 PM
too much crying and not enough learning..... keep trying you button mashers of the world...

......and truthfully i thought the tpc was overated because of the folks who chose the buttons over the default...it was the only way some of the lazy gamers could play the game...

but the Tpc is here again....i expected some whining...i can only say keep practicing

...and rest assured for the devolpers to have the button scheme control as the option..but i hope for ranked games they let you know what you're opponent is using.....

....as i exhale...the demo is good.... cant wait for more

# 127 Motown @ 05/14/09 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
My brother is a newbie at Fight Night, and is having trouble with "arc stick" punches(essentially hooks & uppercuts to the head). Although I was a button man in FN 3, my execution of Haymaker punches makes the transition fairly easy. Anyone have any tips for him? I can't teach him.
Haven't checked yet JB, but what is the Classic TPC control option? maybe your bro can work the classic better? i dunno

# 128 DaveDQ @ 05/14/09 10:36 PM
Before I gush over how much I am in love with this game, for those who have issue with the TPC controls, are you expecting to throw uppercuts and hooks on a whim? I see a lot of people talking about proper simulation and how these games need to best represent the sport, but in this case, where boxing is a game of patience and working your opponent so you can get punches in, I think the controls are perfect.

The desire to have buttons as controls leads me to believe some want a faster response and a greater amount of punches like hooks and uppercuts. Whereas the analog sticks offer a more methodical approach, setting punches up and working your punch count.

Give it time. It'll come.

# 129 eyeknowzz @ 05/14/09 11:08 PM
Man, this game does have a lot of potential. My problem is the precision needed to throw some of the punches. The controls are unforgiving. If the analog stick movement isn't perfect you'll throw the wrong punch. I'm going to keep at it to see if I can get the feeling down. Still not sure if they made the right decision with going exclusively analog for punches.

# 130 BOSsTOwN @ 05/14/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
tell him to do a fireball motion upward lol

never thought using the analog was a good idea for a fighting game. we all know it takes longer to throw a hook in real life but let that be taken care by the animation in the game. because it doesnt take longer to DECIDE to actually throw a hook/uppercut than it does a jab/straight.

# 131 SteelerSpartan @ 05/14/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
tell him to do a fireball motion upward lol

never thought using the analog was a good idea for a fighting game. we all know it takes longer to throw a hook in real life but let that be taken care by the animation in the game. because it doesnt take longer to DECIDE to actually throw a hook/uppercut than it does a jab/straight.
exactly...To me its like we're paying for them not being able to make a game that would translate to buttons through appropriate animations/stats given the level of fatigue

You shouldn't be worrying about your stick movement....it should all be about timing your opponent and forcing him into your game

But Im not going to fight about this for now....hopefully the TPC will grow on me or something

# 132 phillyfan23 @ 05/15/09 12:07 AM
after playing a bit more, I really don't think sticking and moving will be a problem. I think many people are pressing the block button too much when they're trying to move out the way. foot speed is really slowed down when you block, so players will have to find a balance when they want to move out the way using the block or just dashing out.

The real concerning thing is the haymakers....I wish they scrapped this altogether rather than how it's done in the demo. There is no haymakers for a cross!......

I'm a bit surprised no one has complained about this....pacquiao's strongest punch is the left cross, but this demo doesn't represent that AT ALL! His strongest punch is the haymakers and they're only available for uppercuts and hooks. If they included a haymaker for a cross, it would have been perfect but no, now it looks like EVERY fighter's strongest punch is the uppercut/hooks.

So say you're a Lennox Lewis and you play Tyson offline, in order to stun/hurt tyson it's required you get inside and unleash the uppercuts/hooks. Lennox's cross is a love tap compared to his haymaker hooks. throws away the strategy of staying a good distance when you're tall fighter, why should you? you can't hurt them significantly anyways from the distance.

If they included a haymaker for the cross and with the stamina sliders, the users would find that balance where abusing the haymakers will drain them, but this is a dream now. This is even worse than their choice of no buttons, at least you can learn the TPC and get 95 percent accuracy. This is an all or nothing problem!

potential game killer for me unless they have haymaker sliders, regular punch sliders.

A shame really , since the rest of the game looks and feels so good.

# 133 JayBee74 @ 05/15/09 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Haven't checked yet JB, but what is the Classic TPC control option? maybe your bro can work the classic better? i dunno
Just checked it out Mo. I pretty sure it's the basic FN3 TPC. ALL punches have to be modified to go to the body, so you give up the easier unmodified 3-9 (clock hands) body hooks and 5-7 (clock hands) body uppercuts. He'd be throwing his controller through the TV if he had to use that one.

# 134 WeLLWeLL @ 05/15/09 01:17 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed or not but I prefer fighting with no HUD at all. Fight Night Round 3 with no HUD and boxing friends made the game so much more intense. I am not the biggest fan of all information revealed on the HUD in Round 4. Hopefully there is an option to turn it off. Do any of you guys prefer playing with no HUD or am I just alone on this one?

# 135 bluengold34_OS @ 05/15/09 01:43 AM
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5565223

Well, finally got my first knockout. I wasn't crazy about the controls at first, but after taking time to learn them, and apply them correctly.......they are starting to grow n me a little

# 136 SouthernBrick @ 05/15/09 02:26 AM
Is there a release date for the xbox 360 fight night demo on xbox live or is it just a Playstation exclusive?

# 137 SouthernBrick @ 05/15/09 03:00 AM
Thx...I'm guessing you get that at gamestop or is it on some other website?

# 138 secrt ag3nt man @ 05/15/09 04:12 AM
this one is for ppl tht like it i love this game its so fun i liked fn round 3 a ton too and you jus learn more as you go and one think i really like is the replays u got so much control on editing them that is fun and so cool no other game has tht i dont think its like its own lil game inside of tha game i havnt found anything i can reall say that i dont like about this game graphics great havnt seen no ones arm go threw the others i like it bottom line..how to you guys feel??chk the videos and tell me what u think too
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5565729
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5563898

# 139 nickelplaydit @ 05/15/09 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
after playing a bit more, I really don't think sticking and moving will be a problem. I think many people are pressing the block button too much when they're trying to move out the way. foot speed is really slowed down when you block, so players will have to find a balance when they want to move out the way using the block or just dashing out.

The real concerning thing is the haymakers....I wish they scrapped this altogether rather than how it's done in the demo. There is no haymakers for a cross!......

I'm a bit surprised no one has complained about this....pacquiao's strongest punch is the left cross, but this demo doesn't represent that AT ALL! His strongest punch is the haymakers and they're only available for uppercuts and hooks. If they included a haymaker for a cross, it would have been perfect but no, now it looks like EVERY fighter's strongest punch is the uppercut/hooks.

So say you're a Lennox Lewis and you play Tyson offline, in order to stun/hurt tyson it's required you get inside and unleash the uppercuts/hooks. Lennox's cross is a love tap compared to his haymaker hooks. throws away the strategy of staying a good distance when you're tall fighter, why should you? you can't hurt them significantly anyways from the distance.

If they included a haymaker for the cross and with the stamina sliders, the users would find that balance where abusing the haymakers will drain them, but this is a dream now. This is even worse than their choice of no buttons, at least you can learn the TPC and get 95 percent accuracy. This is an all or nothing problem!

potential game killer for me unless they have haymaker sliders, regular punch sliders.

A shame really , since the rest of the game looks and feels so good.

i beg to differ on the tyson vs lewis thing...Lewis's most valuable asset is his blinding right cross which was how he beat him and every other win he has..not the inside game... his outside game is where its at....lewis cant take punches like that so dont go in playing tuff guy with him..or it'll be over quickly

and for those who's complaining about tpc vs button...yall just need to give it time ...thats why its a demo...get ya paractice on for 3 rds....

i wanna see heads really learn to use it rather than complain...yeah you can say that you meant to throw the hook instead of the jab when using the the sticks, but compare that to pressing "x" instead of "a" ...it happens...once you learn how to box you'll get comfortable.....

as for me ....im digging this game..... looking sweet!

# 140 phillyfan23 @ 05/15/09 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelplaydit
i beg to differ on the tyson vs lewis thing...Lewis's most valuable asset is his blinding right cross which was how he beat him and every other win he has..not the inside game... his outside game is where its at....lewis cant take punches like that so dont go in playing tuff guy with him..or it'll be over quickly

and for those who's complaining about tpc vs button...yall just need to give it time ...thats why its a demo...get ya paractice on for 3 rds....

i wanna see heads really learn to use it rather than complain...yeah you can say that you meant to throw the hook instead of the jab when using the the sticks, but compare that to pressing "x" instead of "a" ...it happens...once you learn how to box you'll get comfortable.....

as for me ....im digging this game..... looking sweet!
you're actually AGREEING with me 100 percent. Re-read my post again and you will see.

What I was saying was that since there is no haymakers for a right cross, we are FORCED by the game to go inside to try to unload the power bombs even when we're playing as Lewis because his right cross in the game won't be well represented like it is in real life. ( like you said, this is his most devastating punch)

It's pretty obvious with the system as it is now....EVERY FIGHTER'S most powerful punches are their hooks/uppercuts becuase of the haymaker imbalance.

that's how it is in the demo with Pac-Man....his best punch is his left cross, but his left cross in the game is so weak when compared to his haymaker Uppercuts/hooks.

sad really

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.