Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Lead Gameplay Designer, Mike Wang, has just posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one featuring dribble moves.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to talk a bit about the Dribble Moves in NBA Live 10. As you saw in Jeff’s blog, we spent a lot of time working on the ball handler’s movement this year. So as you move around the court and make hard changes of direction, your player will pull off contextual crossovers and planted turns based on which hand he’s dribbling with and where he’s trying to go. But everyone loves to pull off ankle breaking crossovers and spin moves so we had to beef up what was formerly known as “Quickstrike Ballhandling.”

So let’s start by talking about size up moves. Whenever we’re in mocap and we ask the talent to go 1-on-1, the first thing these guys always do is pull off a series of stationary dribble moves before starting their drive. These moves, or size ups as we call them, are the first step in creating space for yourself as a dribbler and getting your defender off balance."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ai2k2 @ 08/14/09 07:46 PM
Guys keep in mind this is chess. As much as we thought we were getting diff gameplay news. So was the competition. Its marketing at its best. EA is the king of this.

# 82 bigeastbumrush @ 08/14/09 07:59 PM
Loved Rose's head movement when he's dribbling.

And his jump shot had plenty of arc to it. Add to the fact he was fading away.

I'd like to know if Rondo's one hand in the face when Rose was sizing up is user-controlled.

# 83 aholbert32 @ 08/14/09 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
lol, the shot is perfectly fine. Stop looking for things to complain about. We know you already have your opinion on Live and are trying to justify them by finding faults.
Thats pretty pathetic. I dont have an opinion about this game. Im commenting on what I see and I dont like the arc on the shot. I'm not like some guys here who act like they have a personal interest in making sure no one bad mouths this game. I actually have an interest in this game succeeding since I own a small amount of EA stock. You can disagree if you want but dont try to make this into some bias bull****.

# 84 blingballa333 @ 08/14/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats pretty pathetic. I dont have an opinion about this game. Im commenting on what I see and I dont like the arc on the shot. I'm not like some guys here who act like they have a personal interest in making sure no one bad mouths this game. I actually have an interest in this game succeeding since I own a small amount of EA stock. You can disagree if you want but dont try to make this into some bias bull****.

# 85 yungflo @ 08/14/09 08:11 PM
Man, we're not gonna have to pay for scouts are we? if we want to do franchise mode?(reference to madden) that would be the only thing that'll make the game suck.

# 86 Mintsa @ 08/14/09 09:11 PM
I dont agree with the DRose's shot having no or not enough arc. He was fading away and gliding to the right. It seemed like the perfect arc for that situaton.

Another great blog by the way.

PS: Still waiting for some Raptor love in one of these videos......LOL.

# 87 Da_Czar @ 08/14/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLKoolAid
seriously you clowns have got to stop nitpicking cause you're going to be the reason they stop interacting with the community. Be grateful for the feedback and the weekly updates. This is a privilege not a right. 1 ya self.
Welcome to the OS LLKoolAid !!! We can always use another ballaholic !!!

aholbert I loved that fade. Did anyone else see that hesitation step back he did ??? Nasty !!!

# 88 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 09:53 PM
I don't see the problem with Rondo leaving his feet a split second before Rose.

# 89 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Rose's is off then. He has some arc on his shot. That was a line drive imo.
HA! Wait until you see Kobe. Rose's arc is fine. Wang's the biggest Bulls fan in the world and saw his arc that we assigned him. You'll see in his jumpshot.

# 90 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthony15
I love what EA is doing with the game this year at least the game is showing improvement instead of going downhill.

As an elite basketball player these sizeup moves look very good and are definetly a key part in how an offensive player blows by his man if done right it could be a vital part of the game.

Just one question though in real life a good defender might guess wrong when reaching for a steal but his recovery time is much better than that of a bad defender, basically depending on who you are playing defense with is there any sort of reaction time or anything like that?
yes. Blowing by someone isn't automatic. It's all about matchups and the moves you do to try to get around someone.

# 91 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Really?
Nah I don't, it was a bad defensive play and he paid for it. What was the problem?

# 92 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 09:57 PM
Quote:
... it never happens in real life.
ok. I've seen guys jump while guys are gathering for a pull up, and that's exactly what happened.

# 93 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Not in the NBA.
Whatever you say man, you're the sim expert.

# 94 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 10:03 PM
LOL @ this thread. "So Amazing"

# 95 SageInfinite @ 08/14/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
LOL @ this thread. "So Amazing"
It definitely is

# 96 23 @ 08/14/09 10:12 PM
Dang Ray man you're going to be in full depression when the retail drops

# 97 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dang Ray man you're going to be in full depression when the retail drops
This is actually what I'm afraid of.

Guys, there's going to be some things in our game that you're not going to like. It won't be perfect, it won't be the real NBA. It will be our best possible effort this year and we think you'll have a great time with it.

# 98 23 @ 08/14/09 10:17 PM
LOL if anyone allows that to happen to themselves thats their fault.

Its already too late for some of them. You can already see it

# 99 stephensonmc @ 08/14/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Speaking of real NBA. Do you ever foresee a commercial for NBA Live where you first show a real life NBA possession in motion and side by side put your game up and people can't tell the difference?
We were just talking about this yesterday lol

Quote:
I love os. full depression lmao. Hey Marcus are you going to have a otp team so my squad can beat yours at your own game ? lol
OH SNAP!! We will have the "NBA LIVE FIVE"

# 100 23 @ 08/14/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
This is actually what I'm afraid of.

Guys, there's going to be some things in our game that you're not going to like. It won't be perfect, it won't be the real NBA. It will be our best possible effort this year and we think you'll have a great time with it.

Since the blog today covered the same thing as yesterday are you able to answer some of those guys questions that you were leaving to Mike or is it still the same?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.