Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Another NBA Developer Insights is online, this one talking about NBA 2K10 and NBA Today.

Quote:
"NBA Today is a revolutionary way to experience the NBA 2K game play you love. In the “old days” you’d fire up your basketball game and wind up on a team select screen…try to figure out what matchup you wanted to play and then get going. When it came to commentary, presentation and overlays your game was happening in a vacuum. There was nothing “real” about it. It was a fantasy matchup that had no real-world context and no impact. There was a limited list of subjects the commentators could discuss. They could talk about what was happening in that particular game and they could talk about what happened last season. That was pretty much it.

In NBA 2K10 that’s all changed. NBA Today takes the sport you love, NBA basketball, and the game you love, NBA 2K, and finally puts them in the same “world”. When you start 2K10, your Internet-connected console will reach out and grab all the latest information about what’s happening in the league. After that, you won’t land on the team select screen: instead you’ll go directly to the NBA Today screen which lists the REAL NBA matchups that are actually being played TODAY. Additionally you will see a breakdown of scores from last night’s games, as well as view which players in tonight’s matchups are leading their teams in the various stat categories. Furthermore, while the game is loading you’ll get a quick update on how both teams did in their last games and the stats their key players put up. From the NBA Today Menu, you can access box scores for ALL NBA games that have already been played, division and conference standings, league leader stats, the latest transactions, follow any trades that are happening around the league, and check out an All-Star voting watch menu."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 runNgun27 @ 08/19/09 02:16 AM
Have the signature moves been tweaked? shot releases quicker than others ex(s.curry,b.barry,e.gordon etc.)

Did signature style defense make it into the game?
better steals blocks with out fouls ex youtube jason maxiell blocks chandler and kg

How does the ratings spread change the game?

Can you feel ur players weight while controlling him?

Is there more collision? more contact while dunking missed dunks stronger lay ups protect the ball when driving

How is isomotion different?
create a signature cross create signature dunk
protect ball when dribbling better cross overs, hesitations and dribbling control should be able to switch ball 2 right or left hand not it do it for me

catch the ball while running but not like nba live where they over throw the ball and tip it to themselves

Run The Break Run N Gun if the shooters are hot they should blow teams out

Drive and kick out offense
and Draw the defense especially when key players drive (kobe,lebron,josh smith,chris paul etc)

# 102 tril @ 08/19/09 02:46 AM
how and will this be integrated into an association mode?

# 103 tril @ 08/19/09 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
if u played live 09 while it wasn't in depth they would talk about who was on a hot streak leading shot blocker rebounder etc. in quick play modes and all the online modes. live had this last year but it was very limited. this year they have over 100 story lines that can be triggered, by whats going on in real life. i think it's a good idea to do this as well to stay on point with the competition, however 2k has fallen by the waist side every time they do what live does. 2k basketball was a superior series but 2k9 was so bad with the team up, the 2k insider. but i hope they can pull it off cuz that means a better game for me, but i want them to do something new and fresh and stop copying.
that's one of the few pluses in the live franchise. Always thought EA has done a great job on commentary. the banter, and random stats etc that goes on during a game, is a pleasant thing.
The atmosphere is also captured true to life.

# 104 ZoneBlitz @ 08/19/09 07:58 AM
To have the commentators know what's going on in the User's Association would be great. That would really make the experience very, very realistic. This game is looking better with each new developer insight. I'm glad they've started to openly communicate with us and let us know what's going on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.