Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Another NBA Developer Insights is online, this one talking about NBA 2K10 and NBA Today.

Quote:
"NBA Today is a revolutionary way to experience the NBA 2K game play you love. In the “old days” you’d fire up your basketball game and wind up on a team select screen…try to figure out what matchup you wanted to play and then get going. When it came to commentary, presentation and overlays your game was happening in a vacuum. There was nothing “real” about it. It was a fantasy matchup that had no real-world context and no impact. There was a limited list of subjects the commentators could discuss. They could talk about what was happening in that particular game and they could talk about what happened last season. That was pretty much it.

In NBA 2K10 that’s all changed. NBA Today takes the sport you love, NBA basketball, and the game you love, NBA 2K, and finally puts them in the same “world”. When you start 2K10, your Internet-connected console will reach out and grab all the latest information about what’s happening in the league. After that, you won’t land on the team select screen: instead you’ll go directly to the NBA Today screen which lists the REAL NBA matchups that are actually being played TODAY. Additionally you will see a breakdown of scores from last night’s games, as well as view which players in tonight’s matchups are leading their teams in the various stat categories. Furthermore, while the game is loading you’ll get a quick update on how both teams did in their last games and the stats their key players put up. From the NBA Today Menu, you can access box scores for ALL NBA games that have already been played, division and conference standings, league leader stats, the latest transactions, follow any trades that are happening around the league, and check out an All-Star voting watch menu."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/17/09 08:29 PM

# 2 Jamin23 @ 08/17/09 08:30 PM
I'm liking these developer insights.

# 3 KENYON06 @ 08/17/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
xamples include knowing that you just got home from a 3-game road trip where you won one and lost two, knowing the opposing team’s starting center is out with an injury, knowing your point guard put up 22 points in the road win against the Grizzlies Tuesday night and that he’s averaging 17 ppg this season, knowing this is the first of a four game series between the two teams … get it? The commentators now have the knowledge of what’s happening league-wide and will reference the most up-to-date information possible in their conversations.
To reference the great Kenny Smith as heard in NBA Live's dunk contest mode; "I LIKE IT, ERNIE!"

# 4 Aces15 @ 08/17/09 08:36 PM
Wow, that looks really promising. Oh and the little tidbit about doing a promo for a big game made me smile, since thats the only commercial break that would be acceptable in a video game, and boy does it add to the realism

# 5 Pared @ 08/17/09 08:37 PM
Wow.

# 6 J-Clutch1 @ 08/17/09 08:37 PM
Sounds like interrupting commentary as well!

# 7 jr2424 @ 08/17/09 08:41 PM
So that's gonna be updated in Association too. OH MY WORD.

# 8 Jano @ 08/17/09 08:44 PM
Its good to know that both game are going to have dynamic commentary.

# 9 WaddupCouzin @ 08/17/09 08:44 PM
This update may not give you the "flash" of the other game, but WHOA!

On the Fly-Real-Time Commentary Updates, Amazing!

# 10 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/17/09 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
So that's gonna be updated in Association too. OH MY WORD.
no, he said only what's going on in your association

# 11 Ermolli @ 08/17/09 08:47 PM
I really liked this Developer Insight, NBA Today sounds a nice addition

# 12 akiracy @ 08/17/09 08:47 PM
this sounds amazing

# 13 bateman11 @ 08/17/09 08:48 PM
Very cool.

# 14 Checmate101 @ 08/17/09 08:50 PM
Man, how they going to pull this off..Can't wait to see

# 15 jfsolo @ 08/17/09 08:50 PM
I don't care about the real NBA stuff. This is what matters to me:

Quote:
Today commentary/presentation will also occur in your Association (but it will be your Association data that drives the commentary, not the real NBA). A quick note: Often during an NBA game, commentators let the visual demonstration of the game lead itself if they are having a conversation. That changes, however, if there is a huge highlight play. If a thunderous dunk rains down, you’ll get the commentators attention. The same can be said during our game.
How dynamic and accurate will the Association commentary be? I'll be extremely impressed if they can make the commentators appear to really be cognizant of what's happening in the Users own Association.

# 16 jr2424 @ 08/17/09 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
no, he said only what's going on in your association
Which will drive the commentary. IMO that's more impressive than what's going on in the League.

# 17 J-Clutch1 @ 08/17/09 08:54 PM
Ronnie2k (twitter):

talkhoops@Ronnie2K Is it just going to be one (insight) a week until the release of the game? -> It was two (insights) last week, it will be two this week!

# 18 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/17/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Which will drive the commentary. IMO that's more impressive than what's going on in the League.
oh, i thought you meant what's going on in the league

# 19 Aces15 @ 08/17/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't care about the real NBA stuff. This is what matters to me:

How dynamic and accurate will the Association commentary be? I'll be extremely impressed if they can make the commentators appear to really be cognizant of what's happening in the Users own Association.
My thoughts exactly, the presentation pertaining to the Real NBA doesn't really concern me that much. I'm much more interested in how this all pans out in my association.

# 20 jmood88 @ 08/17/09 08:56 PM
I really hope we get some videos so that we can hear some of this stuff.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.