Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmood88 @ 08/21/09 04:55 PM
Damn there are 9 different categories of dribbles.

# 2 J-Clutch1 @ 08/21/09 05:00 PM
I saw a lay-up alley oop. And new menus.

# 3 NINJAK2 @ 08/21/09 05:04 PM
loving the player movement. looks like they have certainly toned that down to give the user more control. liked those box out and contest shot animations as well.

# 4 -DaVe- @ 08/21/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Squad
Thats what the fukk im talking about, did yall see those animations, sorry Live, but I have officially stopped becoming interested in it. This is not even the real NBA players, and the animations looked beautiful, far better than anything I seen in the 2 Live vids posted today, not 1 thing in either Live vid can stack up against anything in this vid. If 2k implements the 82 games as well as Live did with Synergy last year, I dont think this will be a battle at all, just my opinion though, sorry if some dont disagree, but the proof is in the pudding.

Oh, and the draft combine mode looks more interesting than I thought, sorry if I sound like im trying to prop 2k up, but am I wrong for think the difference will be bigger in 2k's favor this year than it was last year. Now that I have seen a look at a few things on the court, I seen a lot of things to be happy about, I can stop complaining now, lol.
I agree with 2k looking wayyyy more fluid and natural compared to Live. It's almost like Night and Day. The 2k animations in this trailer are so much less of a eye sore than what I saw in that live 5 vs 5 video.
I'm still going to give Live a chance to show what it's got but 2k looks like it's going to still be on top.

# 5 J-Clutch1 @ 08/21/09 05:18 PM
@ backbreaker

Yes it is 5 dollars.

# 6 JWiLL02 @ 08/21/09 05:21 PM
The defense on that forced lay up at the end was awesome! In 2k9 that's 2 pts.

2K is still the animation king. Can't wait to see some quick responsive animations in the full game.

# 7 Stumbleweed @ 08/21/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
I agree with 2k looking wayyyy more fluid and natural compared to Live. It's almost like Night and Day. The 2k animations in this trailer are so much less of a eye sore than what I saw in that live 5 vs 5 video.
I'm still going to give Live a chance to show what it's got but 2k looks like it's going to still be on top.
Of course it's more fluid... it's 2K who has piled animations on top of animations for the last 4 years, it's a pre-made and rendered trailer showing the things they want you to see... the Live video was some German dudes playing like morons on the lowest difficulty setting. Not a fair comparison in the least. Until amateur GamesCom videos leak for 2K10, that comparison is apples to oranges.

Anyway, looks good, same smooth animations as last year. Can't tell anything about user control until I play the game though... videos always look nice for 2K games, but that doesn't mean the game plays nice.

# 8 bigballa21 @ 08/21/09 05:27 PM
way to downplay stumble lol...last hope is the chaseb hands on article for something new

# 9 NINJAK2 @ 08/21/09 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Of course it's more fluid... it's 2K who has piled animations on top of animations for the last 4 years, it's a pre-made and rendered trailer showing the things they want you to see... the Live video was some German dudes playing like morons on the lowest difficulty setting. Not a fair comparison in the least. Until amateur GamesCom videos leak for 2K10, that comparison is apples to oranges.

Anyway, looks good, same smooth animations as last year. Can't tell anything about user control until I play the game though... videos always look nice for 2K games, but that doesn't mean the game plays nice.
Well compared to the premade Live videos showing us the things they wanted us to see like hustling, dribbling, rebounding, etc. I have to say that 2k still kills in the animation department as it still looks more fluid and life-like imo. Live's animations are still light years ahead of 09's though and they hold their own against the comp this year.

# 10 Stumbleweed @ 08/21/09 05:32 PM
Again, of course it does. They've been on the same basic engine (yep, there's that word again) since 2K6 and they've done nothing but pile animations on top of animations. They're gorgeous, but 2K9 had gorgeous animations and handled like a shopping cart, so smooth animations aren't as important to me as what's under the hood.

Anyway, not another vs. thread, so I'll shut up now. Not like this video even had any new information in it anyway... I'll wait until we see the real game or at least get something other than a developer-made trailer to compare the two. Playing the combine next week will probably do a lot to set my mind at ease about the controls, but right now it's looking like another glossy beautiful coat of paint by 2K.

# 11 noshun @ 08/21/09 05:38 PM
These animations are BEAUTIFUL.

# 12 Stumbleweed @ 08/21/09 05:39 PM
That's fine. I thought the Live videos looked great with a few exceptions.. to each his own. I just gotta get my hands on the games before I make any conclusions, unlike some people who write off Live automatically without even playing it. Both games look nice this year...

# 13 luda06 @ 08/21/09 05:44 PM
Well 2k has always animated well. The problem was that the animations became repetitive and provided less control for the users. Live on the other hand may not animate as smoothly, but I'm pretty sure it could if you actually attempted to play realistically.

# 14 NINJAK2 @ 08/21/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Again, of course it does. They've been on the same basic engine (yep, there's that word again) since 2K6 and they've done nothing but pile animations on top of animations. They're gorgeous, but 2K9 had gorgeous animations and handled like a shopping cart, so smooth animations aren't as important to me as what's under the hood.

Anyway, not another vs. thread, so I'll shut up now. Not like this video even had any new information in it anyway... I'll wait until we see the real game or at least get something other than a developer-made trailer to compare the two. Playing the combine next week will probably do a lot to set my mind at ease about the controls, but right now it's looking like another glossy beautiful coat of paint by 2K.
There is no way you could perform a cone drill like that in 2k9..no way. I know you have to play it 1st but the second 2k shows some videos that indicate they may have changed things for the better people say they don't believe them and they will need to play it 1st. If that will be your stance everytime they post vids, why should they even bother? You will not be able to play till October 6th.

I mean you know disrespect Stumble..

# 15 blingballa333 @ 08/21/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Squad
Due to your comment, this is a major downplay, lol. The people who is playing the game has nothing to do with how the animations look, if players dont look real simply dribbling the ball past a defender that is part of the game engine, not the user. Nothing in those Live vids moved realistic, not 1 thing, and if you did see something point it out to me cause I dont like to be wrong, lol. I love the in place dribbles in Live however, that looks great and 2k needs something like that insted of pressing a button and it being automatic, but other than that as far as movement Live aint on the level of 2k6 to me, sorry if im sounding to critical, but im just keeping it real.
Go back and play 2k6. If you think the movement is better in that game than in Live 10, you, in my mind, will be thought of as an absolute clown.

# 16 BDM313 @ 08/21/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
That's fine. I thought the Live videos looked great with a few exceptions.. to each his own. I just gotta get my hands on the games before I make any conclusions, unlike some people who write off Live automatically without even playing it. Both games look nice this year...
I agree both games look nice...Ill be buying both this year but them 2k animations?!?......all I can say is DAMN!

# 17 Altimus @ 08/21/09 05:54 PM
Color me IMPRESSED!

# 18 blingballa333 @ 08/21/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Seeing the CPU Dwight Howard hit a fadeaway three in the live demo pretty much sold me. And like what was said earlier, NBA Live has done the same type of videos with their "dribbling", "rebounding", etc. and still can't come close to 2K. I'm not going to make this a 2K vs. Live comparison, but I can't see how people can enjoy Live when this high of quality game is out there. Anyways, the video looked so fluid, along with the animations. They may be piling animations on top of animations, but maybe Live should take that into effect. Make one solid, but some flawed product (2K6) and build off of that. Live keeps "redesigning" their game each year which causes the same problems 2K6 would have, but they keep repeating themselves. Also, the videos of Live are probably around 90-95% of what the final game will be. The Combine game is what they called "NBA 2K9.5" I'm going to wait to agree with that until we see actual gameplay footage, but Live did get 2K's best developer. Maybe he can start to lead them on the right path
So you're judging Live from a youtube video that consisted of Rookie difficulty and the user running around with his head cut off?
Nice

# 19 B-Wills @ 08/21/09 06:00 PM
Wow, Signature styles are gonna be crazy this year, can't wait.

# 20 Stumbleweed @ 08/21/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
There is no way you could perform a cone drill like that in 2k9..no way. I know you have to play it 1st but the second 2k shows some videos that indicate they may have changed things for the better people say they don't believe them and they will need to play it 1st. If that will be your stance everytime they post vids, why should they even bother? You will not be able to play till October 6th.

I mean you know disrespect Stumble..
Well until they give us a real video, not a trailer, that'll be my stance, which is perfectly reasonable given how disappointing 2K9 was for me. I had the same skepticism about Live, but they're provided a TON of information over the last 2 months and 95% of it has eased my mind and I get the indication that it will be a good-to-great game this year. The movement looks better from that 2 second clip of the cone drill, but again, it's a developer video -- they're not gonna show a guy skittering past the cones and spinning in place like he would have in 2K9. Gotta apply a common sense lens to some of these things as well as a critical eye.

No offense taken. I think everyone should be looking at the videos with a skeptical eye though, since every 2K game on next-gen has these buttery animations but have performed to varying degrees of success when it comes to the final product... animations don't mean it's a great game. People who loved 2K9 are probably in heaven watching these vids, but 2K9 was incredibly disappointing to me.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.