Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Quick sneak peek:

- First title update is done, awaiting approvals from 3rd party manufacturers...expected this week. Some good fixes in there - from gameplay to online to online franchise. Full list coming very soon.
- Second title update is in progress. Top issues in development? Blocking, coverage of flat routes, def pursuit, franchise sim stats, replay length, CPU AI, and more.
- Broadcast cam is going to be in the first title update

I don't want to ruin all of it...but I did answer a bunch of the questions (in video format) and I'm recording more each day. It's easier than writing.

On a side note, I've seen some posts of guys asking why I don't just answer questions now here in the forums...acting like I'm disappearing or just using this as a placebo. I actually DO plan on getting back headfirst into the forums, but being that we are right here in the thick of launch with a lot of active Madden gamers, we're trying to communicate to as wide of an audience as possible. The reason we're doing this in blog/video form is so we can share the answers with our entire community - not just here at OS. Ideally we can even push these videos to the online hub when you log in on your console. It's just if I am going to spend 4 hours at home answering questions - i'd rather it reach half a million Madden fans instead of a few hundred.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ian_Cummings @ 09/09/09 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
Or you could start a franchise now and probably do another one when patch 2 releases. I mean really, I don't think you'll be playing the same franchise for 3 months. Especially with all the games being released between October and November.
Yep, thats what I do.

# 22 MeanMrMustard @ 09/09/09 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Nice timing... but by the time the 2nd patch comes out with the flats fix, It'll be half way through the NFL season practically and NBA 2k10 and Live will be released....
Wow... announce a patch with just about everything everyone wanted, and people still find a way complain.

I mean, honestly. Have some class, people.

# 23 DLaren @ 09/09/09 01:28 AM
Ian, thanks for the update and thanks for taking the time to put together a FAQ for the community. I'm really looking forward to reading/watching it.

# 24 DerkontheOS @ 09/09/09 01:30 AM
Well done Ian...It is good to know you still care about us.....Well at least I think you do.

# 25 permanent1 @ 09/09/09 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
Or you could start a franchise now and probably do another one when patch 2 releases. I mean really, I don't think you'll be playing the same franchise for 3 months. Especially with all the games being released between October and November.
Why would you start one now when all the stats are screwed up? That is pretty much the reason people are NOT starting one right now,no point really until those are fixed.

# 26 permanent1 @ 09/09/09 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard
Wow... announce a patch with just about everything everyone wanted, and people still find a way complain.

I mean, honestly. Have some class, people.
Has nothing to do with class, some people see no point in playing franchise mode when the stats are so borked,and no im not complaining i will just play another game until then but i do see where a lot of people are coming from.

# 27 Guggy107 @ 09/09/09 01:35 AM
i started one cuz its still fun to play. believe me, im a big stats person...i love stats. i love accurate stats. but im still capable of enjoying a game for the on-field play, which is actually fairly decent in this years game.

itll be so much better when the stats are fixed, but its not keeping me from enjoying my favorite part of the game...franchise!

# 28 permanent1 @ 09/09/09 01:37 AM
Though for some stats are as big a part of the game as actually playing it is all i am saying,and like i said not complaining i can wait until then i have plenty of patience.

# 29 mr_president @ 09/09/09 01:43 AM
thanks for the heads up.

i hope that one of the patches you include

-fixes for suction blocking and tackling.

-a cut scene adjustment. the cut scenes are very abrupt and they cut in before the play is over making them intrusive. please adjust it so we can either turn the cut scenes off or make it so they only kick in after the play is complete.

thank you

# 30 MeanMrMustard @ 09/09/09 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Has nothing to do with class, some people see no point in playing franchise mode when the stats are so borked,and no im not complaining i will just play another game until then but i do see where a lot of people are coming from.
Erm, I don't recall saying anything about the franchise mode comments. I, too, am waiting for at least patch #1 to start my franchise, and maybe patch 2.

But what were people really expecting? Everything to get fixed overnight? I mean... he's given you the best news you could reasonably hope for, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, don't want to get into a pissing match. I get that people are frustrated. Just wish people would use a little more tact, I guess. (Not at all directed at you. )

# 31 renojedi @ 09/09/09 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Also is there a chance that placing a player on the IR will free up a roster spot?
This is one I have hoped for for years!!! If you could somehow slide this one in on a patch it would really improve game play and roster management for us offline franchise folks!

# 32 RedmanR @ 09/09/09 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
From the Brotherhood of the Broadcast Cam, we Knight You..... Sir Ian Cummings.

Job well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Thank you so much for getting the Broadcast Cam in, this makes M10 worth the money 2x over.

I can't wait to see what else is on the list for the first patch release. I really must say that now... thanks to broadcast camera I feel I will honestly be able to finally enjoy Madden in HD I hope the majority of the gameplay issues won't be far behind. I have faith the majority if our issues will answered making this the best Madden of all time. Good job Ian... I thought you wouldn't come through but you made a believer out of me. Good job

# 33 NINERZ#1FAN @ 09/09/09 01:56 AM
Can you please tell us when you expect the faq videos to be up?

# 34 DerkontheOS @ 09/09/09 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Also is there a chance that placing a player on the IR will free up a roster spot?
*Nervously awaiting answer*

# 35 PVarck31 @ 09/09/09 02:17 AM
Great news. Pretty much everything everyone wanted fixed. The game might actually deserve the good reviews it got after both patches are out.

# 36 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/09/09 02:22 AM
I wonder if stadiums sounds and team chants will be in the first or second update.

Now the waiting game. Jeporday song plays...

# 37 kodawg9 @ 09/09/09 02:59 AM
i just really only need the tackling stats to add up correctly when playing the game. if that's fixed (i mean how hard could that be to implement in the first patch, right?), then im starting up my franchise. the gameplay issues, the flats and all the other issues, ill compensate those issues by making it harder on myself on other aspects. the sim stats, i guess they're not being fixed until patch 2, but hey, i can supersim every game if i really want realistic stats.

but im banking on them having the tackles at least add up correctly. i know ian said the patch 1 fixes were approved before madden 10 was even released, but the tackles stats had to be one of the easy errors in the game to spot.

# 38 Guggy107 @ 09/09/09 03:01 AM
sounds like the tackle stats fix is coming in patch 2

# 39 rckabillyRaider @ 09/09/09 03:24 AM
Not trying to be a a-hole, but serious question for some of you....... What's so good about the broadcast cam? Is it for mostly the cpu vs cpu franchise guys? Or do some of you guys actually play that view? I personally can't ever see myself playing that angle ever again. Last time I played an angle like that was NES Play Action Football. I might watch a cpu vs cpu game though just to check it out.

# 40 DerkontheOS @ 09/09/09 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Not trying to be a a-hole, but serious question for some of you....... What's so good about the broadcast cam? Is it for mostly the cpu vs cpu franchise guys? Or do some of you guys actually play that view? I personally can't ever see myself playing that angle ever again. Last time I played an angle like that was NES Play Action Football. I might watch a cpu vs cpu game though just to check it out.
I'm pretty sure it is for coach mode.....I might have to give coach mode a try with broadcast cam. Anyone have good coach mode sliders?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.