Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Quick sneak peek:

- First title update is done, awaiting approvals from 3rd party manufacturers...expected this week. Some good fixes in there - from gameplay to online to online franchise. Full list coming very soon.
- Second title update is in progress. Top issues in development? Blocking, coverage of flat routes, def pursuit, franchise sim stats, replay length, CPU AI, and more.
- Broadcast cam is going to be in the first title update

I don't want to ruin all of it...but I did answer a bunch of the questions (in video format) and I'm recording more each day. It's easier than writing.

On a side note, I've seen some posts of guys asking why I don't just answer questions now here in the forums...acting like I'm disappearing or just using this as a placebo. I actually DO plan on getting back headfirst into the forums, but being that we are right here in the thick of launch with a lot of active Madden gamers, we're trying to communicate to as wide of an audience as possible. The reason we're doing this in blog/video form is so we can share the answers with our entire community - not just here at OS. Ideally we can even push these videos to the online hub when you log in on your console. It's just if I am going to spend 4 hours at home answering questions - i'd rather it reach half a million Madden fans instead of a few hundred.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lodeus @ 09/09/09 12:10 AM
Cant wait

# 2 drlw322 @ 09/09/09 12:15 AM
good to hear about the 2nd patch. thank you. The bad news is that now have to wait to the 2nd patch to start my franchise. Oh well madden is gonna have to split time with nba live 10 and 2k10.

thanks ian for the the update.

by the way any time table you guys are looking to get the 2nd patch done and send out to the 3rd party for certification. roughly 1 month or 2 months????

# 3 djordan @ 09/09/09 12:16 AM
sounds good.....

# 4 SkinsBoYee @ 09/09/09 12:17 AM
From the Brotherhood of the Broadcast Cam, we Knight You..... Sir Ian Cummings.

Job well done.

# 5 Stacks @ 09/09/09 12:19 AM
As long as the issue with not getting enough sacks with an OLB in a 3-4 and the QB getting rid of the ball right before a sack everytime is fixed in this first patch, I'll be a happy camper.

# 6 booker21 @ 09/09/09 12:21 AM
good news regarding the 2nd patch.

coverage of flat and sim stats being my top

# 7 EvanRG @ 09/09/09 12:29 AM
Nice timing... but by the time the 2nd patch comes out with the flats fix, It'll be half way through the NFL season practically and NBA 2k10 and Live will be released....

# 8 RedZoneD25 @ 09/09/09 12:30 AM
Thank you so much for getting the Broadcast Cam in, this makes M10 worth the money 2x over.

# 9 rckabillyRaider @ 09/09/09 12:35 AM
makes sense to me.

# 10 drlw322 @ 09/09/09 12:39 AM
i've noticed that the WR do not release to the right side of the route that they are running like NCAA prior to patch and also hopefully you guys will upgrade quality of the uploaded video like NCAA. two more things i haven't heard mention

# 11 NINERZ#1FAN @ 09/09/09 12:39 AM
When can we expect the faq/blog to be up?

# 12 rdros23 @ 09/09/09 12:53 AM
While I am grateful for the updates and the patches coming, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm shocked the first patch doesn't contain fixes for the flats issue and the franchise sim stats. These errors were pointed out within the first 24 hours the game was on shelves, how can this not be in the first patch?

It sucks for those of us that have been waiting for these fixes to start our franchises. The game's already been out almost a month, and now we're going to have to wait at least another month it would seem for the second patch before starting our franchise?

# 13 JB0B0 @ 09/09/09 12:59 AM
can't wait to see the list.

# 14 Nature_Boy @ 09/09/09 01:09 AM
Thanks for the info.

# 15 Sanchez_Mareno @ 09/09/09 01:10 AM
Hope someone can put together a written version of the videos

# 16 SteelerSpartan @ 09/09/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdros23
While I am grateful for the updates and the patches coming, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm shocked the first patch doesn't contain fixes for the flats issue and the franchise sim stats. These errors were pointed out within the first 24 hours the game was on shelves, how can this not be in the first patch?

It sucks for those of us that have been waiting for these fixes to start our franchises. The game's already been out almost a month, and now we're going to have to wait at least another month it would seem for the second patch before starting our franchise?

QFT........how the hell are the replays not fixed at least in the 1st patch, that issue was known before the game was even shipped

# 17 Ian_Cummings @ 09/09/09 01:17 AM
Just to clarify - the first title update was finalized quite a while ago (I think the week before the game shipped?). We use the 2nd one to collect the majority of the feedback and improve the game accordingly. This has always been the case, just last year was accelerated because there were a ton of high priority issues that had to be fixed the day of launch.

That being said, it's not like I don't expect for people to vent or anything, especially here.

# 18 Droopy03 @ 09/09/09 01:17 AM
That's great info and everything and I'm at least happy the game is not a finish product as I am one of the guy's as well that has it's final tweaks for me to really start my franchise..... Real small tweaks but I'm sure we all have them. Overall it is a good game and I enjoy playing it.

Question though could a patch fix issuse with the defense(specificlly the 3-4 defense)? I really would like the user pass rush to improve and for my OLB's to put more pressure on the QB and be a force on the field especially if he is dominant as a Demarcus Ware type player. I just feel like a star player on denfense should be a force to play against....... I remember EA saying they have scaled the player ratings down a bit so a star player could feel like a star well I kinda feel like this is favorable to the offensive side of the ball and not for the defense, well if you think about it every rule change in the NFL seems as it favors the offense.

Just a little grip and nothing serious, but I hope it these little issues could be resolved in a patch and if so are the info on the patches that serious where EA has to hide whats gettign fixed? I'm mean i feel as if I'm waiting on the part 2 of Madden. I just want to know what issues are looking to get address.

# 19 renojedi @ 09/09/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdros23

Not to sound too negative, but this same thing has happened for the last two years I have played Next Gen Madden (skipped 07). The second patch comes out late NOV early DEC and it is one most of us have to wait on to start our franchises because there is some game killing bug (remember the fumbles and robo-QB)?

I've pretty much resigned myself to not starting franchise until the second patch is out because I want all those fixes Ian mentioned. But since they have done so much with this year's version that I do like, I will give Ian and the gang the benefit of the doubt and think that, knowing they only get two patches, they got the easy stuff done first and are going to make sure they get the other part right in the final patch. But I feel your pain since I am in the same boat and will be waiting probably another two months before I can get into franchise!

# 20 glitch3d @ 09/09/09 01:23 AM
Or you could start a franchise now and probably do another one when patch 2 releases. I mean really, I don't think you'll be playing the same franchise for 3 months. Especially with all the games being released between October and November.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.