Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Quick sneak peek:

- First title update is done, awaiting approvals from 3rd party manufacturers...expected this week. Some good fixes in there - from gameplay to online to online franchise. Full list coming very soon.
- Second title update is in progress. Top issues in development? Blocking, coverage of flat routes, def pursuit, franchise sim stats, replay length, CPU AI, and more.
- Broadcast cam is going to be in the first title update

I don't want to ruin all of it...but I did answer a bunch of the questions (in video format) and I'm recording more each day. It's easier than writing.

On a side note, I've seen some posts of guys asking why I don't just answer questions now here in the forums...acting like I'm disappearing or just using this as a placebo. I actually DO plan on getting back headfirst into the forums, but being that we are right here in the thick of launch with a lot of active Madden gamers, we're trying to communicate to as wide of an audience as possible. The reason we're doing this in blog/video form is so we can share the answers with our entire community - not just here at OS. Ideally we can even push these videos to the online hub when you log in on your console. It's just if I am going to spend 4 hours at home answering questions - i'd rather it reach half a million Madden fans instead of a few hundred.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 econoodle @ 09/09/09 08:34 AM
So, does this mean franchise WILL have to be restarted to enjoy the benefits of Patch #2?

I could live with many of the #2 fixes not being in the first patch as I didn't notice some of them [stats] until they were pointed out. But the pursuit angles are killing each game I play.

I figure, I can start my franchise with the week one patch, then since I play slowly, when the second patch comes out I will be just hitting the regular season.

All I need is the pursuit angles and the flailing Qb throwaways fixed.

# 62 JkA3 @ 09/09/09 09:02 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. I can only imagine your schedule. I have a feeling that many people on the forum who complain about, what seems to be disappearing acts may not have professional careers, or at minimum...full time jobs. Also, that's why they may not need in-game saves "LIKE I DO".

Thanks for the updates. I really look forward to the videos.

-peace

# 63 niftyjets @ 09/09/09 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
It is good to hear that issues are being addressed. I dont remember hearing anything about the out of bounds stoppage. The only time the clock stops is when you run out yourself. If you are tackled out or pushed out the clock does not stop.

I will not buy another game on release day.
I have a question....if im currently playing a franchise and a patch comes out do I have to re-start my franchise to get the changes from the patch?

Thanks Ian for all your hard work and all the guys at EA

# 64 kehlis @ 09/09/09 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Ian, no offence, but do you realise how few games are actually played on line? You said yourself that u'd rather reach 1/5 million guys rather than 100, highly commendable.

But why then does everything seem geared to player vs player type gameplay? Is it because that's all you guys play? (and therfore you scew as the norm). Again, no offence, but player vs cpu is probably at least 95% of all games played. That's what the game should be based around, the rest should just be a entertaining option....
I'm pretty sure you have this completely backwards.

A majority of consumers now are almost strictly online players. And to say 95% is offline is borderline absurd.

Obviously this is not the case in this community, but this community makes up a vast minority of Madden's fanbase.

Coming from an offline gamer.

# 65 mikeacard @ 09/09/09 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

A majority of consumers now are almost strictly online players. And to say 95% is offline is borderline absurd.

Obviously this is not the case in this community, but this community makes up a vast minority of Madden's fanbase.

i think he is closer to right than you are. high speed internet isn't as wide spread as many of us think it is. i believe 95% is way off for either side, but i think the majority would still be offline players.

# 66 econoodle @ 09/09/09 10:00 AM
The videos are awaiting approval?

Ian, you doing these videos topless again?

# 67 CFav @ 09/09/09 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard
Wow... announce a patch with just about everything everyone wanted, and people still find a way complain.

I mean, honestly. Have some class, people.

Have some class? Have you actually read what people's posts have been on here? SOME people here on are not happy about having to wait until the second patch to start their respective franchise modes due to various issues that wont be addressed until the second patch. They have valid points and opinions.

I think you need to have a little class by respecting other folks concerns. It's not as if they were disrespectful towards anyone, unlike your post.

Anyway, it's cool to hear that patches are coming.

# 68 kehlis @ 09/09/09 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
i think he is closer to right than you are. high speed internet isn't as wide spread as many of us think it is. i believe 95% is way off for either side, but i think the majority would still be offline players.
Believe me, I would love it if it were true, I am just basing my guess off of my personal experience and observations over the last couple of years.

I have no doubt that older gamers who were raised playing nothing but offline games against the CPU continue to do so, however, that generation loses gamers every year whereas the younger generations which (from my personal experience plays mostly online) continues to grow.

# 69 kehlis @ 09/09/09 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by favredollarfootlong
Its so sad that after spending 60 plus bucks not including the DLC on a game that was half finished, that we have to wait for patches to see if it will actually help make the game better. This means the game has already lost more value and never should have had the 60 dollar price tag on it when released. A non-completed product at full price, but still have to wait and see if it will be better with patches....that makes sense.
So you are saying they should charge less for the game and charge for the patches?

No thanks.

# 70 roadman @ 09/09/09 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Have some class? Have you actually read what people's posts have been on here? SOME people here on are not happy about having to wait until the second patch to start their respective franchise modes due to various issues that wont be addressed until the second patch. They have valid points and opinions.

I think you need to have a little class by respecting other folks concerns. It's not as if they were disrespectful towards anyone, unlike your post.

Anyway, it's cool to hear that patches are coming.
Exactly, everyone is entitled to their opinion and expressing it.

Maybe some of them didn't know patch #1 was already in place(like Ian mentioned) and patch #2 was collecting the data for a few weeks after the game launched.

Accordingly, patch #2 will take longer to assemble and put through 2 weeks of MS/Sony certification.

# 71 kehlis @ 09/09/09 10:21 AM
Quote:
No, I am saying that this game isn't worth the 60 dollar price tag when launched if it isn't even finished. We have to wait on patches to see if the game will actually perform better when it should have been a more complete product when it was released. The game has been out almost a month now and it isn't even finished and not worth the price. Patches should be free and so should the rest of the DLC that EA puts out there. We pay more than enough for things that are not even complete or implemented well in the game.
Ok, so, you want to pay less for the game because as you say it isn't a "finished" product (strictly your opinion by the way, not fact).

You have to wait for patches to potentially "finish" the product. Yet you don't feel you should have to pay more to have a finished product once you get them? That doesn't make sense.

You didn't have to buy the game. You could have/should have rented it, and if it fell short of your expectations prior to patches, you shouldn't have bought it.

This is no one's fault but your own that you bought a game you aren't happy with.

# 72 greenegt @ 09/09/09 10:22 AM
The patches sound great! I'm glad they're fixing all of the major issues. I'll wait on patch 2 to start my franchise.

# 73 roadman @ 09/09/09 10:23 AM
Quote:
No, I am saying that this game isn't worth the 60 dollar price tag when launched if it isn't even finished. We have to wait on patches to see if the game will actually perform better when it should have been a more complete product when it was released. The game has been out almost a month now and it isn't even finished and not worth the price. Patches should be free and so should the rest of the DLC that EA puts out there. We pay more than enough for things that are not even complete or implemented well in the game.
Interesting.

My copy of the game was finished. Yeah, there are some issues with the game, but I bought a complete product with some issues that will be patched.

Please name me one perfect sports game that has never been patched on next generation.

# 74 slthree @ 09/09/09 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

Actually, I think its you who have this "completely backwards" (to use your words). And, to use your own words again, your assertion that "A majority of consumers now are almost strictly online players" is "borderline absurd".

This is not "World of Warcraft"

# 75 Netherscourge @ 09/09/09 10:26 AM
Who are the 3rd parties that have to give approval?

Are you talking about Microsoft and Sony? Or EA? Or who?

# 76 Moegames @ 09/09/09 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard
Wow... announce a patch with just about everything everyone wanted, and people still find a way complain.

I mean, honestly. Have some class, people.
Petty aint it? But hey, im sure the hell glad im not one of the whiners around here, thats for damn sure. I would feel too much like a douch bag after all the improvements made thus far with the game and up coming patches

# 77 roadman @ 09/09/09 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Who are the 3rd parties that have to give approval?

Are you talking about Microsoft and Sony? Or EA? Or who?
It takes two weeks to go through MS/Sony certification. So, yes, once it's out of EA's hands, it's in MS/Sony's hands.

# 78 ChicagoChris @ 09/09/09 10:29 AM
Agreed. It's funny to me that they release damn fine game IMO, support us by having developers on the boards, address our concerns via a patch 1 and it looks like a patch 2 and people still complain.

It's simple, if you are releasing a fix that goes to MILLIONS of people, you have to get it VERY right the first time and that takes ALOT of TIME and testing. With consoles, you cant release a fix to a patch very easily so it better be right the first time.

# 79 kehlis @ 09/09/09 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Actually, I think its you who have this "completely backwards" (to use your words). And, to use your own words again, your assertion that "A majority of consumers now are almost strictly online players" is "borderline absurd".

This is not "World of Warcraft"
As I said, I wasn't claiming to be right, I was giving my opinion.

The "boarderline absurd" comment was with regards to saying that 95% of all gamers are strictly offline.

Even if my assumption is wrong, which I stated very well could be the case, I hardly doubt that 95% of all Madden gamers play only offline.

And if I am wrong, I will have no problem admitting it. I was not attacking the poster I quoted, I was just disagreeing with him.

# 80 NINERZ#1FAN @ 09/09/09 10:31 AM
How long are we going to have to wait before this faq video is available? I just want to know if we gotta restart our franchise to d/l the patch or not.. if not then i will start my season right now..

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.