Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Here is a short video from our beta copy of NBA Live 10 with a few cutscenes included. Hope you guys enjoy the sneak peak.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/09 01:06 AM
DEEEWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYNNNNNEEEEE-WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was OFF THE HOOK...Ahem....Yea, that sounded really good coming from the arena announcer. Got me a bit hyped, there. Sorr-a.
Ironically, I just stopped playing the demo before getting on here. I'm sold and I'm retiring from 2K. Took my pre-order money off 2K10 to add it to the dough already on Live 10, earlier today.

"....And I'd just like to thank the guys at 2K for all their efforts with NBA2K over these past 10years *sniffle, sniff*. We had a good run, outside of NBA2K7, which I took a year off from...."

# 42 stephensonmc @ 09/30/09 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypuppet
Stephensonmc, when will we get a confirmed list of things that will be included in the patch, and when will the patch be available?

Have some of the concerns from the demo (such as the players skipping up court) already been fixed for the release, prior to the patch?

Also, one small thing I've mentioned several times which has never been answered, The Atlanta Hawks mascot (Harry the Hawk) from the videos I've seen, is wearing the 'old' Hawks uniform, which has been the case for the last 2 years.

Is this an oversight? Or is there some legal issue holding it back? I just don't understand how it could be wrong each year... It's by no means a game breaker, just small flaw, that as a Hawks fan, gripes me.

Congrats again on making HUGE strides this year.
let me check into it. No idea why it would be that way.

When we can talk about the patch, we will my man. For right now, we have a release to focus on at the moment.

# 43 str8artist @ 09/30/09 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Wow guys, you're taking my words out of context.

What I'm saying is that I have been seeing "LIVE has to come back with what 2K has shown lately." We've shown you everything, there's nothing more to show . We've been here from the beginning all year talking to all of you. I said this a few months ago to remember when the comp shows you guys something with two weeks before ship to not forget all of the things we've shown you months and months in advance. I guess it's a no win situation though.

Not getting on any of you at all, I'm just trying to educate all of you on the things we've done this year that maybe some of you have forgotten. It's not us "banging back." It's our marketing department controlling when a website is allowed to talk about something. All confusion. Sorry if my "tone" seems off, I don't mean it like that.
That is fine... I was just stating how i feel... I understand it is rules and guildlines on how and when info is released... But we live in a 24 hr news cycle so what ever you guys did months ago. is irrelevant... We live in what have you done 4 me lately society, sorry but that is just how it is... I am rooting for you guys just as much as I am your comp. So keep up the good work

# 44 tcain80 @ 09/30/09 01:10 AM
Awesome video. I like how it's really fun to use the superstars, instead of just feeling like they are just another player.

# 45 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Wow guys, you're taking my words out of context.

What I'm saying is that I have been seeing "LIVE has to come back with what 2K has shown lately." We've shown you everything, there's nothing more to show . We've been here from the beginning all year talking to all of you. I said this a few months ago to remember when the comp shows you guys something with two weeks before ship to not forget all of the things we've shown you months and months in advance. I guess it's a no win situation though.

Not getting on any of you at all, I'm just trying to educate all of you on the things we've done this year that maybe some of you have forgotten. It's not us "banging back." It's our marketing department controlling when a website is allowed to talk about something. All confusion. Sorry if my "tone" seems off, I don't mean it like that.
I feel you though, Steph (no homo, of course). I remind myself, virtually everyday, of all the things u guys have informed us of by playing the demo. I've kept an open mind and still do even though I have made my decision to grab Live 10 but I got your back, "son"

Lol.

# 46 stephensonmc @ 09/30/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
That is fine... I was just stating how i feel... I understand it is rules and guildlines on how and when info is released... But we live in a 24 hr news cycle so what ever you guys did months ago. is irrelevant... We live in what have you done 4 me lately society, sorry but that is just how it is... I am rooting for you guys just as much as I am your comp. So keep up the good work
much love man, no worries. I understand.

# 47 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/30/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWallaceFan
Too bad having the "Luxury of Dynamic DNA" won't save Lebron James from wearing his headband improperly. Who cares about shoe any? 500 new shoe? Headband and player accessories authenticity are important and I could care less if everyone wear the same shoe..
You joined OS just to say that? Great first post man.

# 48 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Too bad having the "Luxury of Dynamic DNA" won't save Lebron James from wearing his headband improperly. Who cares about shoe any? 500 new shoe? Headband and player accessories authenticity are important and I could care less if everyone wear the same shoe..

# 49 IDILL_E @ 09/30/09 01:15 AM
Why do people want so bad for one game to be better than the other?

Seriously the fandom is just silly. Some of you would buy a hoops game from EA or 2k if it didnt even have a basketball. "I took my money off of 2k"...sure you did, I bet you never put money on 2k you are just such a fanboy that you would like to take a shot at 2k every change you get.

How about we all enjoy the the fact that competition brings out the best in both companies. Stop with the blind loyalty its really disgusting

How about we all want the best game. IMO The track record speaks for itself. I dont think Live will be able to over take live in just a year. However, Live is much much improved over previous years. Sig styles still need to be worked on though. Shaq doesnt really play like shaq as far as how he plays down low from that vid.

Overall a lot better than last year, keep it up.

# 50 tcain80 @ 09/30/09 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
The early demo for Live is what solidified my purchase. Being a hardcore 2k fan, I played the Live 10 demo and immediately didn't like it, but after waiting for so long to get their demo I gave Live another chance and really grew to love the gameplay.

# 51 bigsmallwood @ 09/30/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
I can't remember, but if that's the case, no worries, it'll be changed ASAP.

Luxury of Dynamic DNA
I am a LONG time NBA 2K player and I must commend you just based off of the DEMO: This is the BEST PLAYING NBA game I have ever laid my hands on.

The player movement is fluid, Kobe takes over when he needs to....they double down on Dwight Howard....crowd boos when LA starts playing bad and is down by double digits! Lovely. I love that you also cannot switch directions on the fly....momentum!!!

The ONLY thing I see wrong even though this is a DEMO w/ bugs....is the lack of a Tip-Dunk (patchable?) and the lack of a MANUAL back down button (is this patchable as well??? maybe a click of the L3 or R3 button?)

Other than that I can honestly say,. I have nothing bad to say about the game so far....I am looking forward to getting my hands on an official version though so that I may really get to enjoy the various teams playing their tempo and also seeing how different players will take over! Great Job!!!! And I mean that! *Don't Call It a Come Back!

# 52 BBallGuru @ 09/30/09 01:19 AM
Quote:
Who cares about how one players' headband is positioned? It's not like it looks ridiculous, or anything.

And stephensonmc, you and the rest of the Live crew have done a great job all year long. As you stated, it's pretty much a catch-22; hold off on information until the last minute, and you receive complaints for months, or reveal everything at a steady pace leading up to release date, and you have people complaining about no new information once everything is out there.

You guys did a great job, in my opinion. From the schedule releasing information, to getting our feedback and listening, and providing us with a long enough, non-stripped down demo almost a month before retail date.

Major props, man.

You guys are getting my dough for the first time in 9 years.

# 53 dirtypuppet @ 09/30/09 01:20 AM
Quote:
let me check into it. No idea why it would be that way.

When we can talk about the patch, we will my man. For right now, we have a release to focus on at the moment.
Thanks stephensonmc, much appreciated. In 2 promo videos I've seen Harry with the old uni.

# 54 bigsmallwood @ 09/30/09 01:20 AM
Quote:
Don't waste a post with garbage like this! People did this on the Madden 10 board and while we got QBs wear flack jackets, the Presentation and gameplay still aren't where they need to be.....NBA Live is official in the gameplay department, let us enjoy the release without you saying how the lighting in the Rose Garden should be flourescent or the Beer man in the stands is carrying Planters Peanuts....smh

# 55 jyoung @ 09/30/09 01:21 AM
The arenas looks and sound awesome this year.

Marv Albert and Kerr are a great commentary team, too.

EA really nailed the presentation this year.

# 56 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/09 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypuppet
Stephensonmc, when will we get a confirmed list of things that will be included in the patch, and when will the patch be available?

Have some of the concerns from the demo (such as the players skipping up court) already been fixed for the release, prior to the patch?

Also, one small thing I've mentioned several times which has never been answered, The Atlanta Hawks mascot (Harry the Hawk) from the videos I've seen, is wearing the 'old' Hawks uniform, which has been the case for the last 2 years.

Is this an oversight? Or is there some legal issue holding it back? I just don't understand how it could be wrong each year... It's by no means a game breaker, just small flaw, that as a Hawks fan, gripes me.

Congrats again on making HUGE strides this year.
Actually MW made mention of fixing the skipping in a patch. I was surprised at the constant skipping because the demo has multiple things that happen so randomly and not constantly done, which is a GREAT thing that I didn't expect (kudos on that, Marcus and co.), I woulda thought that the skipping woulda stayed under control, as well. Eh, it happens but I was very impressed at how other everything else, animation wise, wasn't over done yet that is only a 2 quarter game at 4 min a piece. Gotta see how things pan out in the full retail version.

# 57 IDILL_E @ 09/30/09 01:23 AM
A lot of definitive statements being made for people who havent even played the game yet.

# 58 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/09 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Don't waste a post with garbage like this! People did this on the Madden 10 board and while we got QBs wear flack jackets, the Presentation and gameplay still aren't where they need to be.....NBA Live is official in the gameplay department, let us enjoy the release without you saying how the lighting in the Rose Garden should be flourescent or the Beer man in the stands is carrying Planters Peanuts....smh
LMAO! Yea, that was LUDACHRIST how people were so ridiculously anal about such things on that EA board. I spoke on that several times, over there, and maybe over here, as well.

Live 10 is definitely official, this year. Co-signature...

# 59 str8artist @ 09/30/09 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
The early demo for Live is what solidified my purchase. Being a hardcore 2k fan, I played the Live 10 demo and immediately didn't like it, but after waiting for so long to get their demo I gave Live another chance and really grew to love the gameplay.
I also love the gameplay..
I just feel like this year is so close. (Good thing for us fans). I luv it. Competition brings out the best.

# 60 jyoung @ 09/30/09 01:29 AM
Headbands? Headbands!?!

We talkin' 'bout Headbands?

Not the game, but Headbands!?!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.