Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about the preliminary details of the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 carnalnirvana @ 10/17/09 11:30 AM
putting out a list and throwing the term " preliminary" in it is not kool....

we know the list is not going to change to include anything major or else it would have been the headling or a BLOG

i feel really over joyed for the folks that want working replays, the rest of us well tough i guess.

# 62 true blue7 @ 10/17/09 11:47 AM
One of the biggest problems is the ratings of the players.They may have stretched them out which was a good thing but it is worthless when the players are pretty much the same on the field.

The difference between Peyton Manning and Byron leftwich in madden is that a few more passes will be accurate.In RL the difference is HUGE.

Therefore i suggest that very good players can influence other players in a good or bad way.Example: Manning can make his receivers catch and run routes better, make his O-Line pass block better while bad QB's such as Leftwich will influence his players in a bad way.

This can be applied to all the great players and some of the worse players in madden.This would greatly inprove franchise mode and give great teams in madden more of an advantage over weaker teams.

# 63 Blue_Monkey @ 10/17/09 11:54 AM
I wonder how long the CPU QB will hold the ball on average now and is it ratings based.

I never had the problem with getting sacks or always having the QB throw it away.

# 64 19 @ 10/17/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I have not seen this question answered once by anyone of authority ...
Well, if they end up fixing sim stats, I would think you would have to restart in order for that to take effect. Just a guess.

# 65 Sausage @ 10/17/09 12:09 PM
Good stuff. Can't wait. Making a great game even better. Thanks EA Tiburon.

# 66 BlueNGold @ 10/17/09 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Just an off-topic question I wanted to throw out there. Is Ian still the Lead Designer for Madden 11? I noticed that under his picture it says creative director or something.

I havent been on here since mid summer because I was banned for little reasons.

You just posted....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Dude I have a life, unlike you I have a life that does not revolve around operationsports and thoughts of Ian Cummings. To be honest I could careless if Ian comes to OS or replies to my post. The only members on this forum who make signifcant contributions to the development of Madden are the CD guys.

Many months ago before you joined OS, we were told Jostling would be in the game no matter what difficulty setting. There should be no excuse for this not being on All-Pro (most realistic setting). I hope this can be patched, doubt it will happen though

# 67 LionsFanNJ @ 10/17/09 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
putting out a list and throwing the term " preliminary" in it is not kool....

we know the list is not going to change to include anything major or else it would have been the headling or a BLOG

i feel really over joyed for the folks that want working replays, the rest of us well tough i guess.
Better than what 2k does with an announcement of a future announcement.

# 68 crob8822 @ 10/17/09 12:42 PM
Great news that these issues are being addressed but I will hold back the cheers until I have sampled the treats.
I have been burned too many times.

# 69 gabs485 @ 10/17/09 12:43 PM
I'm really dissapointed that CPU playcalling isn't being mentioned as a fix for the patch. I just want the AI defense to not corner blitz every other play. And AI offence to run the ball inside the 10. Just fix this

# 70 Unforgiven @ 10/17/09 12:54 PM
Are the endzone TD replays going to be fixed? I can't stand the fact that the replay cuts off right before he enters the endzone, or it doesn't show a whole catch. I like to watch that kind of stuff.

# 71 LionsFanNJ @ 10/17/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Monkey
I wonder how long the CPU QB will hold the ball on average now and is it ratings based.

I never had the problem with getting sacks or always having the QB throw it away.
I have. The biggest one is when you get him from behind, he just knows when you're coming and throws it. Whats worse is when you overload his backside and the dreaded backfoot throw shows up

But this isn't the full patch fix list so i'll wait until then to really comment.

# 72 rightallthetime @ 10/17/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree! I also feel the same way about the "extra Point" halftime show ... watched it once, now I just wish I could turn it OFF, or at least cut through it quickly! I have never found any of these types of "presentation" items to really add anything to the game. It's the same repetitive stuff over and over so gets boring real quick.

Next year please focus on GAME PLAY!!!
I couldn't have said it better myself

# 73 NDIrish98 @ 10/17/09 02:23 PM
well, i didn't see anything about the horrid pass/run blocking, which should've been one of the biggest issues here. looks like my copy will be finding a nice little resting spot in the "USED" games section.

# 74 thaima1shu @ 10/17/09 03:16 PM
This sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.

# 75 CubFan23 @ 10/17/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
thanks dude, my game will be sold monday luckly i found someone crazy enough to give me 40 for it....

no AI fixes:

qb's that throw to the slots
rb that run out of bounds
cpu that throw for 4 yds on 3rd and 5
8 man blitz
spidey sense defenders

did i miss any

i really would like to know what feedback ya'll listen to
Just dumped mine for $45.00, gonna get NHL 10

# 76 ch46647 @ 10/17/09 04:31 PM
I am very happy to hear that they have fixed the flats issue. However, is this only when you run a zone thay they will cover the flats better? Does this mean we still cant blitz and run man to man coverage on-line?

Thanks!

# 77 kenlovin @ 10/17/09 04:33 PM
Man im sorry this year was a huge improvement, but no attention paid to blocking at all on this second patch is kind of ridiculous. Thats the entire reason I was waiting on this patch, but I guess Im an idiot for doing so because they have never paid attention to it before.
The reason Im so upset is because I read that this was one of the major things they were paying attention to. Then how can they ignore the over blitzing issue. I have been very supportive of this crew with madden but I am honestly starting to believe that the reason this game lacks so much of the basic fundamentals are because the people behind it have either a poor understanding or lack of passion for the sport. There are major issues with the game that are apparent from day one to any semi passionate fb fan. Im not going to sit here and say that 2k5 is better because I just think thats kind of silly, but I can respect the viewpoints that a lot of the die hards represent.
Ill still play it because I honestly believe that its a good game but to ignore one of the most crucial aspects of the game in which you are re-creating is just pompus and lazy. Im sure Ill be labeled as a complainer but what the f*** ever.

# 78 roadman @ 10/17/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Man im sorry this year was a huge improvement, but no attention paid to blocking at all on this second patch is kind of ridiculous. Thats the entire reason I was waiting on this patch, but I guess Im an idiot for doing so because they have never paid attention to it before. The reason Im so upset is because I read that this was one of the major things they were paying attention to. Ill still play it because I honestly believe that its a good game but to ignore one of the most crucial aspects of the game in which you are re-creating is just pompus and lazy. Im sure Ill be labeled as a complainer but what the f*** ever.
No, I wouldn't label you as a complainer, but I would wait until more details are out on patch #2 before making any preliminary judgments. The details of patch #2 are not complete, yet.

# 79 kenlovin @ 10/17/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No, I wouldn't label you as a complainer, but I would wait until more details are out on patch #2 before making any preliminary judgments. The details of patch #2 are not complete, yet.
Yea youre right about that but man Im just really upset right now man. I mean even if it was a fore thought or an attempt I think it would have been mentioned, but absolutely nothing was said. I mean Ive supported this franchise faithfully for 10 years. I know thats not saying much because I know that a lot of guys have been doing so since its inception but Im that guy at midnight standing outside to get madden. Im the guy who bought the game two months before. When stuff like this happens, those guys calling for boycotts dont seem as radical as they once did. I mean Im definitely not that guy, as my post count would indicate, but I had to raise my voice a little

# 80 stopper654 @ 10/17/09 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Given the significant time lapse between release and the first really substantive patch (title update my eye), this initial list is truly not real encompassing. Many other very substantive issues discussed in this thread which are not mentioned at all in that blog post.

Is a patch #3 in the plans, as was the case with NCAA 10?
I'm 100% sure that the 3rd patch will come out the second or third week of August next year

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.