Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just plugged in NBA Live 10 and received the patch. What's in the patch you ask? Read all about it, right here.

Make sure you post your impressions here.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 garenas01 @ 10/26/09 11:40 AM
what about be a pro ? any change ?

# 42 Glenn33 @ 10/26/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414

So far though I am not noticing any difference in game play...No long rebounds at all....Center and Power Forward still grab 15-20 Rebounds on 10min All-Star....Guards are grabbing none.
this has never been a problem for me. I have played at least 30 games and not once is my Center/PF that dominant. Heck - last night I had 4 rebounds with little Nate Robinson. Maybe you have the Canadian version of Live 10?

# 43 bls @ 10/26/09 11:45 AM
Just got finished playing a game and couldn't even finish. It's virtually impossible to stay with someone as the force field still exist.

For some reason the calling for a pick is crazy now as the guy I'm asking to set a pick for me is setting picks on everyone else other than the guy that's guarding me and to add to the the guy that's checking me can stick to me like glue so when the guy I asked to set the pick for me finally does come over and set it on the guy that's defending me I can't move cause the defender is stuck to me. I had no problems with the way P&R's was done originally.

For some reason the jumpshots take forever and a day now. My timing is completely off now.

Alleys are still not fixed as they continue to go to the wrong guy, this gives the user the ability to sit in zones all game long. If a guy is standing right next to the basket with nobody covering him I should be able to get the ball to him for an easy 2. I did notice Brown missed 2 alley dunks that I was able to get to him, so I'm guessing they added missed dunks.

Still no fatigue for online play. Let me repeat that folks, still NO FATIGUE FOR ONLINE PLAY. That's sad man. I have no other words for it.

Things I did like though, 3pt's seem to be toned down now as the guy I was playing was using the Cavs and Mo was putting up bricks from beyond the line.

Rebounding seems to be more fluid now, could be better but seems like they did some work to it.

No more bouncing up and down back down the court, saw different animations after player scored the ball.

Can fast inbound now as I was unable to do so before. They guy that was inbounding always had to go to a certain spot before he inbounded the ball.

I really really hate the defense in this game, I pride myself on my defense but the seperation that's giving because of the force field just kills it for me. I mean the user can move anywhere with the offensive player but defensively your always trailing. I really had no problem with defense in Live 09 and felt like the elements to it were perfect, just needed some tweaks but what they have right now......I'll pass.

That along with no fatigue online, it's unplayable for me. Gotta shelf it. Good attempt and effort though, you can see the potential, just the game killers that killed it for me.

Enjoy.

# 44 Bootzilla @ 10/26/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
this has never been a problem for me. I have played at least 30 games and not once is my Center/PF that dominant. Heck - last night I had 4 rebounds with little Nate Robinson. Maybe you have the Canadian version of Live 10?
I assumed he was talking about simmed stats.

# 45 drewbaby1414 @ 10/26/09 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
The sim stats are not going to be patched, it can't be, so lets close the door on this. It hatred to patch then we think.
I agree that a sim engine would be very difficult and can not be fixed with a patch.

I know that EA Devs and produrcers come on this board a lot. I just want to keep making it an issue so that they may correct in future releases.

I think that Live has superior game play to any basketball game I have played. I am not noticing any real difference in game play but I thought the game play has always been solid.

About the rebounds....every game I play I can not grab boards with my guards....I am hearing that this is more of a me and my skill level problem.....I am also playing against the computer and not to many human opponents....I do notice I grab more boards against other people.

Back to the Patch...really not noticing anything but the game was pretty sweet to me anyway....Can't wait for Dynamic Season and I am pumped for our beloved NBA to kick off tommorrow!!!!

# 46 edubbs @ 10/26/09 11:51 AM
Uptempo teams, definately try to get into their offense quicker.

However, for anyone (like me) who is looking for the fastbreak game to be MUCH improved via this patch...you will probably be VERY dissapointed.

Just finished a full game against the Sixers and the AI is still passing up on fast break opportunities to set up the halfcourt offense, very similar to pre-patch.

I'll play more games but, it's not looking good in regards to the fastbreak issue.

# 47 rockchisler @ 10/26/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
I agree that a sim engine would be very difficult and can not be fixed with a patch.

I know that EA Devs and produrcers come on this board a lot. I just want to keep making it an issue so that they may correct in future releases.
Dont keep making it a issue, thats called spamming they know about it will eventually get corrected.

# 48 bigsmallwood @ 10/26/09 11:52 AM
Did they add the button where you can choose to post up or not?

# 49 23 @ 10/26/09 11:52 AM
Patch impressions only.... Im definitely sending a warning to those who come here to derail the patch thread

# 50 Pared @ 10/26/09 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I was hoping they would have got this out before the first game of Dynamic Season starting, bravo EA.
I agree. Can't wait to give it a shot. Hopefully I have the time tonight.

HOWEVER... with the fatigue not being patched... it leads me to believe that this was NOT the patch we were all waiting for.

There has to be another one coming later on.

Personally though, as long as the CPU isn't making turn around fadeaway jumpers from downtown, I think I'll be set. Has this been addressed?

# 51 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 11:53 AM
CPu is much more focused and aggressive with the basketball this stands out immediately to me. They are also using even more iso's for perimeter stars.

Again I don't know if that is a patch thing or a dna thing but it feels and looks good. In the post guys seem to shoot a different turnaround more also. THat one that everyone uses is still there but does not get triggered everytime for the bigs I have used anyway.

To me the game feels more polished and the cpu appears to be a better opponent.

Lebron ran the offense and controlled the ball more than I had seen before. With the cpu being more aggressive depending on who your playing guys who didn't approve of the cpu taking quick shots may not like the update. However slower teams did slow it down more but even then seemed to push when it was there.

# 52 23 @ 10/26/09 11:53 AM
When has a basketball game ever had 2 patches? That never happened in the past.

# 53 Da_Czar @ 10/26/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Did they add the button where you can choose to post up or not?
yes

# 54 Pared @ 10/26/09 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
When has a basketball game ever had 2 patches? That never happened in the past.
2k is on their second patch this year. They had a launch day patch that addressed freezing issues.

And just because it's a basketball game, doesn't mean it's off limits to more than one patch. Baseball and football games have had multiple patches. Seems this genre needs to catch up to speed or do a better job somehow of addressing their issues.

I'd hate to bring all that up here, as it's also off-topic, but there's your answer.

# 55 bls @ 10/26/09 12:06 PM
They put out 2 patches for Live 09 as well.

# 56 23 @ 10/26/09 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
2k is on their second patch this year. They had a launch day patch that addressed freezing issues.

And just because it's a basketball game, doesn't mean it's off limits to more than one patch. Baseball and football games have had multiple patches. Seems this genre needs to catch up to speed or do a better job somehow of addressing their issues.

I'd hate to bring all that up here, as it's also off-topic, but there's your answer.
Gotcha... and dont get me wrong, I'd love (and want) to see a 2nd one, I just dont ever remember seeing them released out like football does.

We can talk via PM if you want to go more into it .

That said, has anyone know when the list comes out?

# 57 pezone @ 10/26/09 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
Are you guys sure there is no fatigue online? My concern even after they said fatigue would be fixed is that it wasn't adjusted to play a role in games with short quarters.

Does manual substitution work now, or does the cpu still override it?
no online fatigue yet....im very dissapointed!!

# 58 joel0078 @ 10/26/09 12:10 PM
I'm with Pared. This can't be the patch we were expecting, I thought it was specifically said that online fatigue would be added? Any chance this is a quick fix combination to fix the weekend dna update and a handful of other issues that were reported as problems? Also, where the heck are the developers and why haven't they chimed in on the status of this "patch" and what it officially addresses and why the fatigue isn't fixed?

# 59 Pared @ 10/26/09 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Gotcha... and dont get me wrong, I'd love (and want) to see a 2nd one, I just dont ever remember seeing them released out like football does.

We can talk via PM if you want to go more into it .

That said, has anyone know when the list comes out?
I personally feel we don't need two patches if the first was able to address a majority of the complaints.

Hopefully we will see a patch fix list soon. (Edit: Yes, we will be getting the info. later today.)

# 60 ExtremeGamer @ 10/26/09 12:15 PM
My opinion is, they split the patches. Got the most of the offline stuff they could into a quick patch to have it out before Dynamic Season begins. Then patch 2 would contain everything else. But they are touting Dynamic Season, they want this to run as smoothly as possible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.