Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the very first screenshots from MLB '10: The Show.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Tomba @ 12/16/09 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I hear you the feedback we gathered from everyone had a major effect on our focus for MLB10 and our feature set. You will get your first glimpse of those features on Thursday (hopefully don't qoute me on this) when the fact sheet is released. We also had some super secret stuff go on during this dev cycle that we will eventually tell everyone about when the time is right.
Ahhh very nice. MLB The Shows has been nothing sort of amazing every year since 08 on PS3....It just needs those extra things to make us all flap down on our couches and say we're not going out of the house all summer...LOL

# 82 Senor_Herbatron @ 12/16/09 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
It's amazing what one ****ty rapper has contributed to an entire generation of misspellings.
I helped you out there.

Regardless I think I got my point across. Way to many times people put down a game at a time like this. This game could have great features, amazing online play, etc.... and some people would still put it down because the first six pictures wasn't good enough for them.

# 83 joshtree14 @ 12/17/09 12:21 AM
anyone notice how awesome the crowd looks?

# 84 idesign2 @ 12/17/09 12:22 AM
Game looks nice a crisp, as expected. I'm sure SCEA will deliver with this game. I was hoping more models would be added to the crowd this year, but it doesn't look like that happened. Hopefully I'm proven wrong as more media is released.

# 85 Ronstr @ 12/17/09 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
Looks the same to me.

# 86 csker7 @ 12/17/09 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstr
Looks the same to me.
yeah definitely looks the same. but i dont see that as a big deal really. i never found myself looking at the crowd very much while playing. it was only noticeable that the same fan model was duplicated because the model would do the same action simultaneously. like you'd have 50 guys in white shirts stand up and cheer, while everyone else was just sitting there.

# 87 funky_chicken @ 12/17/09 12:34 AM
Pics look awesome. I think I just wet myself.

# 88 Cubfan @ 12/17/09 12:40 AM
The pics look amazing at this stage. Can't wait to see who the cover boy is and the fact sheet.

# 89 AlbertPujolsFreak5 @ 12/17/09 12:42 AM
game looks great! I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see the cover athlete and to maybe see a feature sheet. the only thing that looks a bit odd in the screens is maybe Pujols' finishing swing....not a big deal at all, but Pujols usually finishes his swing with his bat hand high...i don't know if that makes sense but his finishing hand seems to be high rather than low. NO BIG DEAL! MLB '10 The Show BEST BASEBALL GAME EVER?! 3-9-10 seems like its 3-9-3456 away! but really only 82 days away! YES!

# 90 csker7 @ 12/17/09 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Pics look great, of course, lol. I was kind of hoping for some newer player models as was alluded to last year but... eh. This is still the best looking sports game on the market.

What I REALLY want is weather, and full day/night cycles... now THAT would kick ***!
yes!!! that would be amazing. i can already accept not having new models, but if this is included, the models wont even cross my mind

# 91 Artman22 @ 12/17/09 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Player models look improved
How so????? Looks exactly the same as 09...

# 92 rbaker1979 @ 12/17/09 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
How so????? Looks exactly the same as 09...
Looks the same to me as well, but that isn't a big deal since I thought the graphics in 09 were fine. If 10 can take care of many of the various gameplay/option complaints we had this year, I will be very happy.

# 93 Rod_Carew29 @ 12/17/09 01:11 AM
Now THAT was funny!

^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
It's amazing what one rapper has contributed to an entire generation of misspellings.

# 94 Artman22 @ 12/17/09 01:17 AM
Can SCEA please tell me why manny's dreads are still supper short?? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but how hard can it be to do his hair right? Just make it longer. I know it may sound stupid to some, but He's one of my favorite players, and they always have Manny with the short dreads in the show when they're actually long...

# 95 Rod_Carew29 @ 12/17/09 01:24 AM
As a locs (the preferred term) wearer myself...the question is very valid. About a year ago I wrote on this very board that cornrows do NOT equate to locs....

I also told them (SCEA) that there are at least two types of locs they should include: very long (Manny) or medium growth (Erick Aybar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Can SCEA please tell me why manny's dreads are still supper short?? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but how hard can it be to do his hair right? Just make it longer. I know it may sound stupid to some, but He's one of my favorite players, and they always have Manny with the short dreads in the show when they're actually long...

# 96 Shakedowncapo @ 12/17/09 01:29 AM
I only worry about select pitching animations when talking about the player models.. The alligator arm for a good # of pitchers needs to be cleaned up and hopefully they've taken the time.

I understand a lot of people want more animation(****, im one of them) but hopefully they cleaned house on pitching ones for the better going forward.

# 97 dynastynation @ 12/17/09 01:53 AM
I made some comparisons... you can see some of the things they fixed. Of course, some of these are completely obvious but it is cool to see a comparison between the two games. MLB 10 looks much better!

1. Both are in the day, but the shadows are different... progressive lighting in day games? I think so...
2. Active bullpens!

1. Jerseys look better.
2. Catcher reacting to a long home run.
3. Active dugouts.
4. Crowds look better in my opinion.

1. Jeter is looking to make sure he touches home plate in MLB 10, is clueless in MLB 09.
2. Umpire actually pays attention to the plays...

1. Lighting looks better.
2. Jerseys look a ton better.
3. The reaction by the first baseman is awesome!
4. Runner is paying attention .

# 98 Artman22 @ 12/17/09 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
As a locs (the preferred term) wearer myself...the question is very valid. About a year ago I wrote on this very board that cornrows do NOT equate to locs....

I also told them (SCEA) that there are at least two types of locs they should include: very long (Manny) or medium growth (Erick Aybar).
I completely agree. In this game it looks like they have the Erick Ayber (Locs) on Manny. I'm not saying it's a big deal but it's important for me, and as I can see for others as well. Since it's early I don't think it's too late to extend Manny's dread locs.

# 99 Ghoste @ 12/17/09 01:59 AM
Too bad they don't have any agreements with real companies like Under Armour, Nike, Easton, etc. I'd love to sport my guys with Under Armour cleats instead of the same old fake brand.

Pix look great though. Crowd looks nice and the players along the dugout fence should be a nice touch.

-ghoste

# 100 bukktown @ 12/17/09 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols 4 MVP
I made some comparisons... you can see some of the things they fixed. Of course, some of these are completely obvious but it is cool to see a comparison between the two games. MLB 10 looks much better!

1. Both are in the day, but the shadows are different... progressive lighting in day games? I think so...
2. Active bullpens!

1. Jerseys look better.
2. Catcher reacting to a long home run.
3. Active dugouts.
4. Crowds look better in my opinion.

1. Jeter is looking to make sure he touches home plate in MLB 10, is clueless in MLB 09.
2. Umpire actually pays attention to the plays...

1. Lighting looks better.
2. Jerseys look a ton better.
3. The reaction by the first baseman is awesome!
4. Runner is paying attention .
At first blush I thought they looked the same as last year (which is NOT a bad thing ), but when I see this side by side the improvements are very noticeable. Especially the catcher gear in the first pic. Look at the texture on the catcher's 'knee-savers'.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.