Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the very first screenshots from MLB '10: The Show.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 countryboy @ 12/16/09 09:56 PM
Homerun Derby anyone?

# 2 Ronstr @ 12/16/09 09:57 PM
The last picture looks amazing.

# 3 bluengold34_OS @ 12/16/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Homerun Derby anyone?
Preach on Brother...preach on!!!!!

Hell yeah!!!

# 4 ferriscj24 @ 12/16/09 09:58 PM
WOW! I didn't think they would be out this soon! I can't see too much of the stadium in Mauer's screenshot, but even as a Tiger fan, I look forward to playing alot of games in the new Target Field! I'm hyped!!

# 5 Scott @ 12/16/09 09:58 PM
Player models look improved

# 6 beau21 @ 12/16/09 09:59 PM
As I've stated before, I'm not saying the player models are that bad now and I know it's a big undertaking for new ones... but I am still a bit disappointed we didn't get new ones this year after them being hinted at last year

# 7 ferriscj24 @ 12/16/09 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
As I've stated before, I'm not saying the player models are that bad now and I know it's a big undertaking for new ones... but I am still a bit disappointed we didn't get new ones this year after them being hinted at last year

Beau, Can you specify what you mean by "new player models"? I'm not criticizing your opinion, I just haven't paid much attention to those particular threads regarding player models. So out of ignorance to the subject I suppose, what don't you like?

# 8 bluengold34_OS @ 12/16/09 10:02 PM
Quote:

I agree...but IIRC, didn't they say that the struggle was if they changed the player models, they would have to re-do all of the animations. I am almost positive I remember one of the dev. saying that.

# 9 beau21 @ 12/16/09 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
I agree...but IIRC, didn't they say that the struggle was if they changed the player models, they would have to re-do all of the animations. I am almost positive I remember one of the dev. saying that.
Yes, I remember mention of this as well. This is why I'm not too disappointed with no new models because I know they've spent large amounts of time putting effort into the animations and it's not like the models now are bad by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
Beau, Can you specify what you mean by "new player models"? I'm not criticizing your opinion, I just haven't paid much attention to those particular threads regarding player models. So out of ignorance to the subject I suppose, what don't you like?
As I stated above I am in no way knocking the player models and I really don't have any problems with them. Kolbe (Sr. Producer/Designer) had mentioned last year that he was excited for the new player models they were working on but then came back and said they would not be able to get them into MLB 09 so I was just hoping they would have them for MLB 10. Not that they necessarily need new ones or that anything is overly wrong with the current ones but I just know that if/when there were to do new ones they would only be better.

# 10 Ronstr @ 12/16/09 10:09 PM
The only thing i hope they can improve on is the stadium, they look the same as last year's and the picture for suites is getting pretty old.

# 11 Tomba @ 12/16/09 10:10 PM
I thought the player models were getting major overhauls? still look a tad short. otherwise I can't wait til march!

# 12 HustlinOwl @ 12/16/09 10:12 PM
screen shots never do this game justice. Still too many of the same models in the crowd, but that is a very minor thing

# 13 bp4baseball @ 12/16/09 10:12 PM
If you look in the last shot, you can see a player hanging their arms over the railing. That's something new. Either way, the screens are impressive.

# 14 beau21 @ 12/16/09 10:13 PM
again, not a major thing by any means, but something that i was hoping for that would have been cool..

for the home run derby i was hoping they would be able to have the player in their actual uniform.

i mean, i know we've been told they can't have all the players in their own uniforms for the all-star game because that's too much art on one field but i thought we might get it for the home-run derby since it's only the batter and a pitcher?

# 15 magoo1967 @ 12/16/09 10:18 PM
YES, the HR Derby...finally! I love how you can see the top edge of the stadium's lighting structure reflecting on Jeter's helmet in shot #3, pretty amazing.

# 16 ferriscj24 @ 12/16/09 10:18 PM
Hey at least the HR Derby is in the game!!! That should make for a fun All Star Break! Especially if they do it based on invites per your performance in the game as opposed to just typical star players. Whether Franchise or RTTS!

# 17 green94 @ 12/16/09 10:18 PM
No more static players in the dugouts! YES YES YES!!!!

THANK YOU SCEA!

# 18 Russell_SCEA @ 12/16/09 10:20 PM
Quote:

Correct tried to get them in, but couldn't due to time constraints

# 19 bluengold34_OS @ 12/16/09 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Correct tried to get them in, but couldn't due to time constraints
What's up Russ.....

Is it because of the animations that would have to be re-done??

Thanks Bro

# 20 green94 @ 12/16/09 10:22 PM
AND players in the bullpens!!!!! OMFG.

If day lighting is in, I'm done. Coma time until March 2nd.

These guys are the best in the business.... they listen to their consumers even on the smallest of issues. Ridiculous.

Kolbe/Chris - you guys are the ****!

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.