Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 davis420 @ 01/12/10 04:52 AM
I played a little bit last night, Cavs vs Warriors. Mo Williams would drive and kick out more than i've seen before. Is this just a isolated incident or what? Should I delete my cache and re-start? Anyone else seeing things like this?

# 82 vikingsfan1 @ 01/12/10 06:31 AM
The patch seem to have tune down CPU shooting %. I played on Superstar and the CPU missed shoots. I was able to win on Superstar something I have never done because of CPU high shooting %.

# 83 x_irish6 @ 01/12/10 07:46 AM
Wtf is going on with the 3pt shooting in simmed stats post-patch? I didn't make the playoffs with Bucks in my Association and have simmed half way through playoffs pre-patch. Now I continue simming Conference Finals post-patch and the 3pt shooting sim stats are ridiculous. Pre-patch they seemed to be more in line with the tendencies, now it is just terrible. I can handle good shooters hitting shots, but not centres

Example:
Pre-Patch 3pt: Yao 0/0, Nene 0/0, Pachuila 0/0, Howard 0/0
Post-Patch 3pt: Yao 4/5, Nene 0/2, Pachuila 1/3, Howard 0/3

All teams seem to now shoot about 20-30 3pt attempts per game and hit about half of them, as opposed to more realistic attempts and %'s pre-patch.

And if you think it might just be centres, fear not, Brandon Bass went 0/6 from 3pt territory too

This is ridiculous, I thought they were not touching sim stats at all with this patch.

Anyway for me to delete the patch if this proves to be an ongoing problem? Otherwise I might've had it with this game since I only really play Association. I was really happy with this game post-1st patch, but this might steer me back to College Hoops 2k8.

Couldn't care what the rest of the patch does well if this is not fixed

# 84 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
*Pass accuracy has been toned down for passes out of a double team, passes out of contact shots, and non-inbound full court passes.**

How this fix? It's been bothering me since I saw the notes.

Ok......Remember that statement yesterday....lol

Well put my fears to rest because baby....daddy is home...LMAO

I never notice until yesterday how many times my friends would pass of out the contact animations. turnover....after turnover...after turnover..It became clear as day to me. Good Job 2k on that front.

But whats up with the spotlights still going around. My friend flips out when he see stuff like that. It literally drives him crazy.

Overall I'm feeling it. Last night I saw severally long passes go out of bounds like they should if they are passed by a big man.

# 85 STLRams @ 01/12/10 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
played 3 games all assoication!! allstar... os rost.5 (faaco i believe)

things to note: i turned down my human block to 80 from 100.

computer big guys do work down low now.
duncan killed me. but so realistic.

alley oops i may turn up from 40 to 50 computer didnt try one in two games.

new animations on drive's looked great.

i definately feel your computer player's on your team go after rebounds now. i mean i hated having to go after every rebound...big difference multiple guys battling for rebounds instead of one guy or maybe 2 trying for it.

a few tweaks to my sliders... i am a guy who plays for (cpu).. def awarness 100.help def. 100 on ball 85 and cpu block 100.. to give you a idea of how i play...

guy's that are good off the dribble , really put pressure to create.. a real sense of urgeny by the cpu to score but also the 2 games i played the spurs played to there strenths as well as the warriors.

no sound problems..

i love where this game is after the patch!!!

seems like there are more and one's now. (fouled and make shot)
do you guy's agree?

to sum it up i think with the roster i have all player's for both teams really play the way they do in real life...
Agreed! The two games I played so far were great. Im not experiencing what other people are complaining about. The CPU offense was more dynamic and even on defense the computer was traping more and going into zone defense more depending on the situation. Haven't seen any alleyoops are pinpoint passes in the paint.

# 86 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
I'm just baffled as to how the pass out issue has reappeared for me...this is just unbearable.
I played the CPU for the first time in while last night. I didn't see those kick-outs.

What to try a franchise game out?

# 87 navyboy09 @ 01/12/10 11:07 AM
Ok i just read through all the pages and the game was already good post 1st patch but from the majority of the post the game seems well polished and some problems i have had w/ the game have been smoothed out.

Now im just waiting for the patch to come out on the 360. (im surprised us 360 users didn't get it first.)

# 88 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 11:13 AM
Kind of disappointed to hear about the 3-pt sim stats... all of the gameplay enhancements felt really good while I was playing exhibition games last night. Anyone have any more observations about the sim stats?

# 89 SimBaller @ 01/12/10 11:20 AM
For those people commenting on unlikely shooters taking 3PT shots...

Before this patch, there was a bug where people with minimum 3PT rating (25-30) had the chance to have their rating wrap around to 99 if they had a good combination of bad team chemistry and/or player morale. This was alluded to in the following note in the patch list:

- Addressed a rare issue where players would have some of their attributes jump to 99 when they had low morale and/or were on a team with poor team chemistry.

This release no longer allows this to happen. That being said, it's possible that your previously saved Associations have players that have already wrapped around. If you notice a few guys like this, you can always go and manually edit them to your desired rating.

# 90 Furq @ 01/12/10 11:21 AM
Why is there still lag on the first free throw? It happens every year and usually is fixed by a patch

# 91 GaryT531 @ 01/12/10 11:31 AM
is there any way to avoid downloading this patch when it comes out for 360 without unplugging my wireless adapter? or can you just not play the game at all if connected online w out downloading the patch? please respond. thank you.

# 92 stoncold32 @ 01/12/10 11:31 AM
Also, it took me 3 games, but the music still playing after the timeout is STILL there. What's worse, is one time, the defense chant, got stuck. Never saw that one before.

The PA announcer in some arenas still announces the wrong team when a timeout it called as well. ie, if you're playing in Dallas, it doesnt matter who calls a timeout, he wil say, "Timeout Maaaavvvs!"

# 93 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 11:49 AM
^^I didn't have that problem last night^^

You should delete settings....

# 94 Bluesman @ 01/12/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
For those people commenting on unlikely shooters taking 3PT shots...

Before this patch, there was a bug where people with minimum 3PT rating (25-30) had the chance to have their rating wrap around to 99 if they had a good combination of bad team chemistry and/or player morale. This was alluded to in the following note in the patch list:

- Addressed a rare issue where players would have some of their attributes jump to 99 when they had low morale and/or were on a team with poor team chemistry.

This release no longer allows this to happen. That being said, it's possible that your previously saved Associations have players that have already wrapped around. If you notice a few guys like this, you can always go and manually edit them to your desired rating.
That does not appear to be what is happening here, for a number of reasons:

The franchise I was playing on was about one week through its first season, hardly long enough for morale/chemistry to take hold as you claim.

This effects more than a handful of players. On my Bulls team EVERYONE shoots 3's and this seems to be the case with other teams as well.

Thus far the edits I've done (player/coach tendencies) have not had any effect. What is of particular interest is why an attribute's rating should have any effect on whether it is used by the player, i.e. if a player has a 3pt rating of 99 and tendency of 0, shouldn't it follow that the player takes no 3's?

Quote:
is there any way to avoid downloading this patch when it comes out for 360 without unplugging my wireless adapter? or can you just not play the game at all if connected online w out downloading the patch? please respond. thank you.
I would think that w/o an internet connection you are not forced to download the patch. If you do not utilize online for anything I'd recommend trying this...in fact this is what I would have done had I been paying attention as I was pretty satisfied with how my game was set up and I don't play online at all.

# 95 BroMontana82 @ 01/12/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Why is there still lag on the first free throw? It happens every year and usually is fixed by a patch
b/c they put way too much presentation into the FT routine. apparently people wanted this enhanced presentation instead of just having that 2k cam type of angle that's on the second FT. if so, i think these people deserve what they got personally. i'd much rather tone down the presentation, cut all the arena stuff like the crowd out, and just have the same camera angle on both shots (the second shot camera angle).

# 96 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
I would think that w/o an internet connection you are not forced to download the patch. If you do not utilize online for anything I'd recommend trying this...in fact this is what I would have done had I been paying attention as I was pretty satisfied with how my game was set up and I don't play online at all.
Its funny you said that. Because before I downloaded the patch....I backed up all my files on my PS3 before downloading the new patch. But I'm pretty happy with the new patch.

# 97 SimBaller @ 01/12/10 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
That does not appear to be what is happening here, for a number of reasons:
Ok then, thanks for the heads-up. We'll take a look and assess.

# 98 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/12/10 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info Sim.

# 99 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Ok then, thanks for the heads-up. We'll take a look and assess.
Please Sim tell us why xbox360 patch isn't still available and when will it be ready for download.
And please tell us the truth.

# 100 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Please Sim tell us why xbox360 patch isn't still available and when will it be ready for download.
And please tell us the truth.
It sounds like Microsoft is still in the process of certifying it. Once they do it will go live, I'm pretty sure it is out of 2K's hands.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.