Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Patch #2 for NBA 2K10 is now available for the PS3. The 360 and PC patches, will be released at a later date.

Details for the patch, can be found here.

Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jeebs9 @ 01/12/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
could this be the death of cherrypicking!!!!
what about lead passing, PIP % and defense in paint?

But again...I wouldn't say the death of cherry picking. But if Tyson Chanlder or Shaq rebound the ball. Try throwing one of those long passes. It will go over the players heads. But if CP3 or JKidd make the same pass. Its more likely to be a completed pass. Which in my opinion is totally cool with me.

I missed a few dunks last night. PIP can be abused if the other persn doesn't know how to play D. Last night like I said a few pages before. This guy was driving like crazy with Vince Carter. But as soon as I back away from him. He couldn't drive for nothing. If it wasn't a contact animation. It was a contact animation and a huge block.

# 122 GaryT531 @ 01/12/10 04:55 PM
jeebs thanks for your responses, I'm sorry though but I'm not understanding....what do you mean that i'll be kicked off of xbox live? so if I'm kicked off xbl then i wouldn't be able to access 2k share, right? thanks.

# 123 Vast @ 01/12/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But again...I wouldn't say the death of cherry picking. But if Tyson Chanlder or Shaq rebound the ball. Try throwing one of those long passes. It will go over the players heads. But if CP3 or JKidd make the same pass. Its more likely to be a completed pass. Which in my opinion is totally cool with me.

I missed a few dunks last night. PIP can be abused if the other persn doesn't know how to play D. Last night like I said a few pages before. This guy was driving like crazy with Vince Carter. But as soon as I back away from him. He couldn't drive for nothing. If it wasn't a contact animation. It was a contact animation and a huge block.
Sounds great. the only negatives i hear is the possible 3pt bug in Association mode. Hopefully that can be addressed.

# 124 coolcras7 @ 01/12/10 05:20 PM
I concur with everything Jeebs9 has said already, the second patch makes the game complete, I have seen so many block animation today from full on get that sh@t out of here, to deflecting just off the finger tips, alley so far I have seen 1 if you don't have a lane it's an auto turn over, seen a few miss dunks, also alot less put back dunks, more steals. AI seems to be in better position to contest jump shoots or stop offenders from driving to the lane, Have not seen that suck in animation where you go for a jump shot and the defender from no where sticks to you.

# 125 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
AI seems to be in better position to contest jump shoots or stop offenders from driving to the lane, Have not seen that suck in animation where you go for a jump shot and the defender from no where sticks to you.
And does cpu still penetratate???
With or without stupid kick out passes???

# 126 BroMontana82 @ 01/12/10 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
Well i just decided to do a quick look at games played by the CPU in my association. The reason I did this is that I played an association games yesterday and was struck by Sean Williams of the Nets taking a 3 with the shot clock NOT running down. I tossed it aside at the time. Then I saw some people talking about an issue. So I decided to check out the boxscores of games played post patch. Here's the Nuggets and Nets: Brook Lopez 1-1, Kenyon Martin 1-2, Nene 0-2, Ed Davis 0-1. Next game Rockets/Kings: Yao 0-2, David Andersen 1-1, Carl landry 1-1, Greg Monroe 1-1. Next game Spurs/Suns Blair 1-1, J. O'neal 0-2, Shaq 0-2, Amar'e 0-1. Next game Blazers/Wizards JaVale McGee 0-1, Dante Cunningham 1-1, Renaldo Sidney 1-1, Glenn "Baby" Davis 0-1, Pendergraph 0-1, Oden 0-1. Next game Warriors/Heat Randolph 0-2, Turiaf 0-1, Haslem 0-1, Alabi 0-1. Knicks/Bucks David Lee 2-6, Boozer 0-2, Larry Sanders (VCU) 0-1, Bogut 2-2, Favors 0-1. Mavs/Cavs. Varejao 0-2, Hickson 0-1,

So in one day's games we can see a huge issue here. I think this is enough of a representative sample to say that 2k messed up big time here. One random three from a big man who can't shoot it might be the end of the shot clock or quarter, but in every single game there was at least one big man shooting threes. It seem's obvious that the tendences are messed up.

Houston we have a problem. And I don't just mean the Rockets. Are we talking patch #3 now or atleast attach it to a roster update (which screws the people who use rosters like Nogsters's but atleast it might fix this 3 point fiasco.)

Edited to add that I use just the 2k rosters and don't download sliders, I just change my own sliders slightly.
good insight. do us a favor (you or anyone else who has the patch, sees this glitch, and is willing) and try starting a new association and checking the same stuff. what do you get? also, if you have time, could you download this roster off of 2kshare, load it up, then trying an association? i chose this particular once since the tendencies are spot on as you may know if you are familiar with nogster's work.

2kshare: NOGSTER 2K10: new year
gamertag: nogman7

# 127 coolcras7 @ 01/12/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
And does cpu still penetratate???
With or without stupid kick out passes???
Of course the CPU will take whatever you give it, if your playing again Derek Rose he will try to take it to the hole or penetrate close enough to get a mid range jump shot, basically it depends on who you are playing and how well you a defending them, you go in for a steal the offense will blow right pass you, but it more realistic. Kickout pass have been toned down especially if the player does not have a high passer rating, most of the time if a player passes out of a bad shot he passed it to a big man no farther than a few feet away, I have not seen a behind the back kickout to a guy on the other side of the court as yet, another good thing is you no longer feel cheated, some game you feel no matter what you do the CPU will score every shot contested or not, its a different feeling now you have a chance every game to shut down a great player with solid D.

# 128 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Of course the CPU will take whatever you give it, if your playing again Derek Rose he will try to take it to the hole or penetrate close enough to get a mid range jump shot, basically it depends on who you are playing and not well you a defending them you go in for a steal the offense will blow right pass you, but it more realistic, kickout pass have been toned down especially if the player does not have a high passer rating, most of the time if a player passes out of a bad shot he passed it to a big man no farther than a few feet away have not seen a behind the back kickout to a guy on the other side of the court as yet.
This is good!
Thanks coolcras7
I want this patch!!!!
Damn Micro$soft...

# 129 Rocboyz101 @ 01/12/10 07:24 PM
Damn it...this 3pt thing is really sad. It'd be different if it were just simmed games, but they are actually taking these 3s in game...smh.

# 130 GaryT531 @ 01/12/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
I concur with everything Jeebs9 has said already, the second patch makes the game complete, I have seen so many block animation today from full on get that sh@t out of here, to deflecting just off the finger tips, alley so far I have seen 1 if you don't have a lane it's an auto turn over, seen a few miss dunks, also alot less put back dunks, more steals. AI seems to be in better position to contest jump shoots or stop offenders from driving to the lane, Have not seen that suck in animation where you go for a jump shot and the defender from no where sticks to you.
sounds promising from your posts. i'm just scared that i'l have to re-do all of my sliders again. like many of you, i don't want to have to do that again.

# 131 Bluesman @ 01/12/10 07:38 PM
I'm using a roster base from my friend that I've tweaked along with Playmaker's sliders (which have also been tweaked).

# 132 erdrive03 @ 01/12/10 07:42 PM
I'm like everybody else here, part of me wants to download the new patch and part of me doesn't. The centers shooting three pointers scares me, I'm fine with playing the game with the first patch only, it plays a good game to me. If only somebody could assure us its ok to download the 2nd patch without these crazy problems happening.

# 133 Serra11 @ 01/12/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Played just one game post patch two so far...me (Griz) v OKC.

Didn't see the cpu centers take any 3 point shots at all.

Patch seems to have smoothed things a bit more, but nothing really noticeable IMO.
Hi Court Vision!
I trust every single word in this thread,but you are a professor of bball games so could you confirm the better AI defence and no stupid kick out passes???
Thanks

# 134 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 08:51 PM
Well, the simmed 3-pt stats are definitely messed up. I loaded my rosters and settings and started a fresh association and simmed the first couple weeks of the season. Checked some of the box scores of games around the league... ridiculous. Celtics had a game where Garnett went 2-6 from deep. Shaq's six most recent games:

3PM-3PA
1-2
0-2
0-3
0-1
0-4
0-1

13 three-pointers attempted in six games for a player who has shot 22 total threes in his entire career which spans 1150+ games!

Unbelievable. First Madden with the insane running back stats, now 2K10? Why was this even adjusted? Sim stats were damn near perfect before the patch.

Just frustrating. Thankfully I haven't had a problem with big men shooting in games I actually play but this really needs to be fixed.

# 135 YDBoUnCe @ 01/12/10 08:58 PM
Quote:

I've noticed more cherry picking personally post-patch
I'm talking about full court passes from anybody to anybody, with quarter back accuracy
And the CPU is getting cheap baskets with the cherry picking
For instance I've been playing the Nuggets and after almost every missed shot they just throw the ball upcourt to Melo for easy points

I can't even remember the computer cherry picking b4

# 136 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 09:10 PM
OK, I started another new Association—this time turning off team chemistry—and simmed the first month of the season.

Big-man three-pointer problem in sim stats is completely gone. Shaq has shot zero three pointers through 16 games. KG has attempted two.

It sucks for people who like this feature, but it appears turning off team chemistry will resolve this issue. I'm not sure whether turning it off in the middle of a franchise will have the same affect or if it needs to be off from the get-go.

# 137 stoncold32 @ 01/12/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
^^I didn't have that problem last night^^

You should delete settings....

can someone tell me how to do this?

# 138 BroMontana82 @ 01/12/10 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
OK, I started another new Association—this time turning off team chemistry—and simmed the first month of the season.

Big-man three-pointer problem in sim stats is completely gone. Shaq has shot zero three pointers through 16 games. KG has attempted two.

It sucks for people who like this feature, but it appears turning off team chemistry will resolve this issue. I'm not sure whether turning it off in the middle of a franchise will have the same affect or if it needs to be off from the get-go.
so for both tests, this a brand new association? also have you tested this with the official rosters and a custom roster that has realistic tendencies like nogsters?

# 139 rspencer86 @ 01/12/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
so for both tests, this a brand new association? also have you tested this with the official rosters and a custom roster that has realistic tendencies like nogsters?
Yes, both times were brand-new associations... I don't even have an ongoing association to test with because I've been waiting for this last patch to drop to start mine.

I have not tested this with the official rosters—both of my tests were with ffaacc03's Real Sim Rosters 5.0 for PS3.

# 140 BroMontana82 @ 01/12/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Yes, both times were brand-new associations... I don't even have an ongoing association to test with because I've been waiting for this last patch to drop to start mine.

I have not tested this with the official rosters—both of my tests were with ffaacc03's Real Sim Rosters 5.0 for PS3.
wow...those were based off of my project (based on nogster's ratings and tendencies!). this is extremely disappointing...really though, thanks for the update and information that is huge. i am definitely NOT downloading this patch for 360 until there's some sort of fix.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.