Home
MLB 10 News Post

The MLB '10: The Show updated rosters are available now.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 VitaminKG21 @ 03/08/10 01:45 PM
I haven't read through the entire thread, so excuse me if someone has voiced this opinion.

To me the 140+ A-potential players should not be an issue. If you think about it, there are 30 teams which means if you released and re-signed all the A-potential guys evenly across the league you would end up with only 3 or 4 A-potential players on each team.

I don't think it's crazy to say that the top 3 or 4 players in each organization have the potential to be very, very good. Also, as far as I know, just because they have A-potential does not mean necessarily that they will turn out to be stars.

So if you are planning on doing your own roster like I am and you do your homework, it should be easy enough to dish out the A-guys around the league as you see fit and go from there.

Just my two cents.

# 82 Sacrafice @ 03/08/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
I haven't read through the entire thread, so excuse me if someone has voiced this opinion.

To me the 140+ A-potential players should not be an issue. If you think about it, there are 30 teams which means if you released and re-signed all the A-potential guys evenly across the league you would end up with only 3 or 4 A-potential players on each team.

I don't think it's crazy to say that the top 3 or 4 players in each organization have the potential to be very, very good. Also, as far as I know, just because they have A-potential does not mean necessarily that they will turn out to be stars.

So if you are planning on doing your own roster like I am and you do your homework, it should be easy enough to dish out the A-guys around the league as you see fit and go from there.

Just my two cents.
But don't you think that between the A's and B's there is 314 Pitchers to only 61 Position players is just a bit off?

I agree that the top 100 could reasonably get A's, but there is no way that out of the top 375 prospects 314 of them are pitchers. If you could change any player to any position then there wouldn't be a problem when it comes down to accurate minor league players with the correct potential.

# 83 mikemulloy @ 03/08/10 01:56 PM
Quote:

Just my two cents.
i agree. when looking at potential ratings in something like minor league balls top prospects just make every guy that has a B+ potential rating an A. shouldn't be too hard to fix.

# 84 TheRock88 @ 03/08/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Am I the only one who thinks players playing in the wrong positions is a big deal? Sorry, but if Jeter is in center field, that's kind of a game-killer for me. Or if Pujols is catching. Come on.
Two things

1) The Jeter in CF thing was a mixup on SCEA's part. In the default roster, he's playing in his regular position but in the roster update, he's switched positions with Granderson. Just fix the positions in the roster management and they'll play their normal positions.

2) If you know a player is only gonna play one position, just go edit them and make them have only a primary position and no secondary. Some ones that I've already edited off the top of my head are:

Jim Thome - 1B only
Albert Pujols - 1B only
David Ortiz - 1B Only

# 85 Grnngld @ 03/08/10 02:02 PM
Is there any way to overwrite the roster update to your current rosters and keep player specific edits like walkup music, reliever entry music, etc?

Cause now I have to do everything over again.

# 86 HustlinOwl @ 03/08/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
Is there any way to overwrite the roster update to your current rosters and keep player specific edits like walkup music, reliever entry music, etc?

Cause now I have to do everything over again.
Nope, sounds are tied to rosters. So you will have to do over again.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mlb-11-a.html

# 87 yankeesgiants @ 03/08/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
can someone upload it?
from pastapadre:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x9hok6

# 88 MatrixTN @ 03/08/10 02:12 PM
3-8 update still has the Jeter/Granderson snafu (Jeter at CF, Granderson at SS).

# 89 yankeesgiants @ 03/08/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3BeL
Does anyone know where I can get the full list of tranactions that SCEA does each time they upload a new roster every Monday? I do my rosters myself so I just need the transactions.
They post them on the roster screen:

# 90 HustlinOwl @ 03/08/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
3-8 update still has the Jeter/Granderson snafu (Jeter at CF, Granderson at SS).
I dont see how this is an issues simply change it yourself offline

# 91 yankeesgiants @ 03/08/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Also it said Gil Velasquez for the Sawx put into Free Agency which it shouldn't cause he is still with the team on AAA. But in the roster he is there, so that is a good thing.

Some weird thing going on with their Rosters this year.
They will put him on the FA list next week because he is a non roster invitee and not part of the 40 man roster.

# 92 VitaminKG21 @ 03/08/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
But don't you think that between the A's and B's there is 314 Pitchers to only 61 Position players is just a bit off?

I agree that the top 100 could reasonably get A's, but there is no way that out of the top 375 prospects 314 of them are pitchers. If you could change any player to any position then there wouldn't be a problem when it comes down to accurate minor league players with the correct potential.
That part of it is screwy, yes. Like I said, didn't read the whole thread and didn't realize it was like this.

Baseball America's top 100 prospects list:

6 of the top 20 are pitchers

17 of the top 40

26 of the top 60

36 of the top 80

43 of the top 100

ESPN's Keith Law also had 43 of the top 100 prospects as pitchers. So yeah, this needs to be addressed for sure.

# 93 carolo59 @ 03/08/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
There is no Strasburg in the game. He never pitched in the majors yet, so he can't be in the game. There is strasburg free agent, but it's a 36 year old pitcher
My update says Strasburg Is ( 6'4'') 21yrs old @ 220lbs, and also he should be on Was 40 man Roster, and he is pitching in Spring Training with the Club. And if you look , the 1st update 2Mar has him in the starting Rotation, for spring training games. And the 2nd update 8 Mar has him as a Free Agent.

# 94 VitaminKG21 @ 03/08/10 02:25 PM
Wait, so I'm reading in spots that you can change a fake players position, so this isn't a problem at all. You just have 142 A-potential players to mess with, which seems fine to me.

# 95 Sacrafice @ 03/08/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Wait, so I'm reading in spots that you can change a fake players position, so this isn't a problem at all. You just have 142 A-potential players to mess with, which seems fine to me.

No you can't Pitchers can be any type of pitcher, but they can't be changed to a position player.

# 96 S2S @ 03/08/10 02:27 PM
Looks like the roster makers get another week of testing caps. Since I believe the roster update only did a couple moves and the potential rating. No players with MLB Experience was added.

# 97 VitaminKG21 @ 03/08/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
No you can't Pitchers can be any type of pitcher, but they can't be changed to a position player.
Hmm, I love it when people post things that are wrong. Never mind then

# 98 mgoblue678 @ 03/08/10 02:41 PM
Is Rick Porcello's potential still a B or was it changed to a A? I would check myself but I am not at home right now.

# 99 BaylorBearBryant @ 03/08/10 02:56 PM
I'm still so pissed about the trade logic and the automatic trades that this roster update seems pretty pointless.

# 100 tbunz1324 @ 03/08/10 03:32 PM
I downloaded the top 100 prospects from the roster vault and with the new update I will lose all those prospects. Is there any way I can keep the downloaded 100 prospects file and still have the roster update in tact. Or do I have to wait until someone adds the prospects to the new update roster file?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.