Home
MLB 10 News Post

The MLB '10: The Show updated rosters are available now.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 19 @ 03/08/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
But don't you think that between the A's and B's there is 314 Pitchers to only 61 Position players is just a bit off?

I agree that the top 100 could reasonably get A's, but there is no way that out of the top 375 prospects 314 of them are pitchers. If you could change any player to any position then there wouldn't be a problem when it comes down to accurate minor league players with the correct potential.
I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable to me, someone obviously went through and changed the Potential ratings for the MLB players that were wrong. You would think while doing that, they could have changed all those fake A players to Bs and Cs. I don't understand why they just couldn't have used the same number of As, B's, & C's that were on the rosters in '09. '09 had it perfect, about 30 A's with CAPs, and mostly B's and C's (which is what I based my roster outline off of I've been working on since the end of January, all of which, now seems like a waste of time). It's just amazing to me how something so simple can get screwed up so badly. It would be nice to get a explaination from SCEA, because this was mentioned numerous times, and acknowledged in the Player Potential thread after the initial roster file was found to have the "bug".

# 122 pezone @ 03/08/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit_washor
Are you serious? Jeter has an "A" potential?! Now, I'm a Yankee fan but there's now way Jeter it's an A, not even a B..He is 35 years old, his stats are gonna start declining...

has he showed signs of declining??? Many believe he should have been MVP last year!!!

# 123 cardsfan2222 @ 03/08/10 05:24 PM
With the potential not being locked this year, is that only based on performance during a season, or is it possible that potential could be changed if a players other attributes are edited?

One reason I think there could be more A potential players in the minors this year is because they added single A players for each team. That's 450 more roster spots this year, and if the potentials were evenly distributed for all 5 letter grades, that would add 90 more players for each letter this year. So if last year there were 30-40 A potential minor leaguer's, this year there would be 120-130. That wouldn't explain why most of those are pitchers, but it could explain the higher number at least.

# 124 19 @ 03/08/10 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
So if last year there were 30-40 A potential minor leaguer's, this year there would be 120-130.
There wasn't 30-40. On the out of the box roster, there were 6 A players in the minors, plus the 20 you could create. The numbers are off this year and I would love to know why.

# 125 Bill1 @ 03/08/10 06:02 PM
Anyone having login problems. trying to login to get the rosters.

# 126 CubFan23 @ 03/08/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1
Anyone having login problems. trying to login to get the rosters.
yea, it's been down for about 20 mins or so, just checked and still no go

# 127 Bill1 @ 03/08/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
yea, it's been down for about 20 mins or so, just checked and still no go
So it not just me. thank. will try again in a half hour. really want to get this franchise going.

# 128 theotherguy619 @ 03/08/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
That part of it is screwy, yes. Like I said, didn't read the whole thread and didn't realize it was like this.

Baseball America's top 100 prospects list:

6 of the top 20 are pitchers

17 of the top 40

26 of the top 60

36 of the top 80

43 of the top 100

ESPN's Keith Law also had 43 of the top 100 prospects as pitchers. So yeah, this needs to be addressed for sure.
Well minor leaguers are fully editable so it can be easily re-balanced. Sorry if anybody else already commented, I still have 4 more pages to read lol.

# 129 JayD @ 03/08/10 06:19 PM
Wow, Lineup logic needs a major overhaul once again. I know you can manually control the line ups but I would rather not.

# 130 Mister Redbird @ 03/08/10 06:31 PM
Do I have to restart my RTTS if I use the new rosters?

# 131 Buckeyes_Doc @ 03/08/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Redbird
Yes.

# 132 JayD @ 03/08/10 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Redbird
truthfully I wouldnt even bother, they are very messed up! I would wait til they get all the problems ironed out.

# 133 Buckeyes_Doc @ 03/08/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1
So it not just me. thank. will try again in a half hour. really want to get this franchise going.
Still nothing at 6:30. Ahh this is frustrating was very excited to get home and start my RTTS, not I have to wait even longer.

# 134 Buckeyes_Doc @ 03/08/10 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
truthfully I wouldnt even bother, they are very messed up! I would wait til they get all the problems ironed out.
Which is unknown at this time, sorry I paid 60 or this game and I want to play it for the reason I bought it. This is ridiculous that not everything was fixed in this roster update.

# 135 B_rad13 @ 03/08/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
I posted this in another thread for a heads up but the Marlins roster is all screwed up in the latest one. Players playing out of position causing them to be subbed out after their first AB.
Not what I wanted to hear being Marlins fan

# 136 19 @ 03/08/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Which is unknown at this time, sorry I paid 60 or this game and I want to play it for the reason I bought it. This is ridiculous that not everything was fixed in this roster update.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherguy619
Well minor leaguers are fully editable so it can be easily re-balanced. Sorry if anybody else already commented, I still have 4 more pages to read lol.
That's the problem, you CANNOT change a pitcher into a position player. So we're stuck with 340 some odd A pitchers, not to mention all the 40+ yr old players with A ratings and numerous 25-27 yr old players with C or lower, it's a mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadillo2 @ Show Community
There's no reason for players this age to have potential lower than their current ability. Doing so destines these players to declining attributes. And all the players suffering from this fall within this age range specifically, so it looks like a bug.

Here's the players in the AL players I spotted:

Team Name Age - Current Grade / Potential Grade
BAL Jim Johnson 26 - C / F
TB JP Howell 26 - B / C
CHW Carlos Quinten 27 - B / C
CLE Joe Smith 25 - C / D
CLE Rafael Perez 27 - C / D
CLE Jensen Lewis 25 - C / D
DET Justin Verlander 27 - A / B
DET Jeremy Bonderman 27 - C / F
DET Joel Zumaya 25 - B / C
DET Zack Miner 27 - C / F
KC Robinson Tejeda 27 - C / D
MIN Jason Kubel 27 - B / C
MIN J.J. Hardy 27 - C / D
SEA Mark Lowe 26 - B / D
SEA Brandon League 26 - B / D
TEX Brandon Mccarthy - 26 - C / D

Please fix this ASAP. It takes two seconds if you have the capability to do so.

It'll be even faster to fix if you can just make a simple code that doesn't allow potential to be below current rating. 47 year old Jamie Moyer has an A potential (as does practically every other 40+ player), so there should be no problem with that setup.

Or just make potential editable so people that care about the rosters can fix them themselves ...

# 137 Jgainsey @ 03/08/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_rad13
Not what I wanted to hear being Marlins fan
Yeah, the Fish are kind of jacked up right now. Maybin is Catching, Baker is playing 3B, and Bonifacio is in Center.

# 138 ThirdDegree5803 @ 03/08/10 07:15 PM
wow Hill still at a C? I don't even dare to try and download those new rosters and look at the Reds ratings...i'll think i'll just wait for the patch or turn back in the game...

there is only one person that can save me from trading this game in, and he's been the savior of the series for years...M.K. Knight

# 139 Oilersfan94 @ 03/08/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
wow Hill still at a C? I don't even dare to try and download those new rosters and look at the Reds ratings...i'll think i'll just wait for the patch or turn back in the game...

there is only one person that can save me from trading this game in, and he's been the savior of the series for years...M.K. Knight
Messed up, Hills a B, Linds an A...McGowan dropped from an A to a D tho....the reds have 19 A rated players now!

# 140 wahoo138 @ 03/08/10 07:25 PM
What today's roster in effect did was add quite a few A and B rated prospects. We have been told that there is a finite number of each letter potential that the game is capable of functioning properly with. This appears to not be accurate.

If adding and changing up all these player potentials does not in fact affect the game adversely, can anyone give a good reason why they don't just allow us to edit potential ourselves. We own the game after all.

Again, if it's a matter of this causing problems with the game then I am fine with the restriction. But the roster update today seems to contradict that assertion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.