Home
News Post

Quote:
"Some of you may already be familiar with Marcus Stephenson. He has been around for quite some time driving community initiatives or just being accessible within the community. After running a Madden fan site for years he took a position as a Community Manager at the EA Canada studio before moving between a few different projects, most notably as a Producer on NBA Live 10. He has now left the EA Sports studio and holds the position of Game Designer for WWE Smackdown vs Raw at THQ. I had the opportunity to ask Marcus a few questions about his time at EA and his new role at THQ."

Source: Pasta Padre

Member Comments
# 21 The GIGGAS @ 03/12/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I actually started getting a little into it after seeing you talk about it one time.

I'm familiar with it, but have read up on it only, and not played it.

I will give it a shot!
Be warned, TEW can be a harsh mistress.

# 22 SmashMan @ 03/12/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Be warned, TEW can be a harsh mistress.
So true. It'll consume you, Marcus...I've put so much time just into trying different stuff in the demo.

# 23 Nature_Boy @ 03/12/10 07:00 PM
Congrats stephensonmc ! I'm excited as heck for the future of the SvR series now that you will be a part of it. You are now the man! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

# 24 SHAKYR @ 03/12/10 07:30 PM
stephensonmc Congrats.

# 25 Jukeman @ 03/12/10 08:24 PM

# 26 PAPINOSIS @ 03/12/10 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I actually started getting a little into it after seeing you talk about it one time.

I'm familiar with it, but have read up on it only, and not played it.

I will give it a shot!
Hey stephensonmc. Can you finally convince THQ to work with AKI Corporations again for a new WWE Wrestling Game. Cuz the last wrestling simulation game that ever came out of da US was THQ & AKI's WWF No Mercy for N64. But my point is, that I want THQ to hook up with AKI to bring the sport of Wrestling back into gaming.

And the last sim pro wrestling game in Japan, is King Of Colosseum II for PS2. Please get THQ to get wrestling done correctly by getting together with AKI..

# 27 scarface scotty @ 03/13/10 10:49 AM
Any news on DLC for SvR 2010? or are you strictly working on future versions?

# 28 PAPINOSIS @ 03/13/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh

AKI doesn't exsist anymore. They changed their name to syn Sophia Inc. and most,if not all of the people that made those games are long gone. They made Ready 2 Rumble Revolution on the Wii,review wise it was one of the worst games of last year and the second worst sports game on any system last year,38.2 average on Gamerankings.
I know they change their names to Syn Sophia Inc. They were suppose to make the TNA Game with EA. But TNA shot theirselves in the foot when they rolled with midway. And Midway was suppose to have AKI to developed da game. But they did not chosed AKI and look what happen to TNA.

TNA Impact flopped, flopped, flippidy flopped last da last few Smackdown games. That is why Wrestling Games in general are really dead when it comes to representing the sport of Pro Wrestling. It's all about the whole Arcade aspect of the sport.

And tell me this, what sold more WWF WM2K from AKI, or Smackdown #1 from Yukes. The answer is WM2K.

And what sold more WWF No Mercy from AKI, or Smackdown #2 from Yukes. The answer is No Mercy.

And when THQ put AKI in a box. All we were given in da states were a bunch of Arcade games. That is why I copped KOC II for PS2, that is the last sim wrestling game since then.

# 29 TimmeH @ 03/13/10 05:47 PM
Exciting news.

Personally, I have really enjoyed the last couple SVR games. They just really need the CPU AI to be completely overhauled and a few changes to the gameplay(ie reversals, improvements to tag team matches/matches involving more than two wrestlers, etc).

# 30 CaptainZombie @ 03/13/10 08:17 PM
This is excellent news. Seeing what you did for Live here on the forums, I think we will finally see that much needed improvement for SDvR.

# 31 Jukeman @ 03/13/10 08:25 PM
Yup the AI is really really bad, its impossible to fight against the cpu...

I think the AI and Online needs a overhaul

oh yea and the pace of the matches needs a overhaul too...Wrestling is poetry in motion...SVR isnt...

# 32 CM Hooe @ 03/14/10 04:36 PM
With regard to what should change in SvR: completely redo the computer AI and commentary, add WWE NXT (in particular for the storyline for CAWs), give us complete control over how good any CAW is at any time, and add online "leagues" with writers who can build storylines for 2+ players in the league using the create-a-storyline mode.

Boom, awesome game.

On a serious note, congrats and good luck, Marcus.

# 33 DJ @ 03/16/10 01:37 PM
Marcus, congrats on the new job! I appreciated all of your work and community involvement with NBA Live 10.

I'm looking forward to what you have in store for the SVR series. I honestly haven't played much in the past 3 years as the game just feels too stale to me. I did however really enjoy Legends of Wrestlemania.

# 34 Pared @ 03/17/10 11:46 AM
We may need to rename the site "Operation Sports Entertainment" if MS is going to be parading around.

# 35 23 @ 03/23/10 12:30 AM
lol

# 36 J_Posse @ 03/31/10 03:54 PM
Congrats, Marcus. I liked some of the gameplay elements in SVR 2010, but they still need improvements in alot of areas. Hopefully, you'll be able to help with the process of giving the fans what we really want.

# 37 kurt2134 @ 03/31/10 11:54 PM
First off, congrats Marcus. I thought Live was a huge step forward so its exciting to have you working on another game I love.

I really like the customization options in the older AKI games. It may not be a big deal to other people but it's nice to be able to change a wrestler's attire when he changes it in real life.

The newest SvR was a step in the right direction with changing colors but I want to be able to change more than that. It would also be nice to have tendencies in the game. I don't think it would be that hard at all and would make a huge difference in the way each wrestler wrestles.

# 38 scarface scotty @ 04/01/10 06:52 PM
I hope this gets answered...Marcus, will there be any DLC for SvR 2010?

# 39 stephensonmc @ 04/01/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
I hope this gets answered...Marcus, will there be any DLC for SvR 2010?
can't really answer that one right now buddy

# 40 DC @ 04/01/10 08:51 PM
Marcus, are you a fan of Fire Pro Wrestling? If so, you can take a lot of ideas from that great series and implement it into SVR

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.