Home
News Post

Quote:
"Some of you may already be familiar with Marcus Stephenson. He has been around for quite some time driving community initiatives or just being accessible within the community. After running a Madden fan site for years he took a position as a Community Manager at the EA Canada studio before moving between a few different projects, most notably as a Producer on NBA Live 10. He has now left the EA Sports studio and holds the position of Game Designer for WWE Smackdown vs Raw at THQ. I had the opportunity to ask Marcus a few questions about his time at EA and his new role at THQ."

Source: Pasta Padre

Member Comments
# 121 stephensonmc @ 05/03/10 07:50 PM
Have any of you guys played a Japanese game called "All Star Wrestling III?" I'm going to Japan this weekend, and may pick it up (if I can find it)

# 122 jvalverde88 @ 05/03/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Have any of you guys played a Japanese game called "All Star Wrestling III?" I'm going to Japan this weekend, and may pick it up (if I can find it)
Marcus, I don't know if ever played this game but you should try out King of Colosseum 2. As for All Star Wrestling III, its a pretty good game. The player models move realistic. Its one of the few wrestling games that is "sim-like". If you can't find ASW3 you should also try to find All Star wrestling 2, both games are pretty much the same.

# 123 Downgoesfrazier @ 05/07/10 07:00 AM
One thing me & my brother want & miss from Smackdown! games, is GM mode & Create-A-PPV mode. Something that seems pretty simple compared to other things, but it is what we LOVED doing in older games.

If not GM mode, at least Create-A-PPV.

And is there a chance if Story designer is back, to make it multiplayer? It was pretty boring last year.

Good luck & congrats on the job!

# 124 Agent_XX4 @ 05/07/10 10:26 AM
@ Marcus: How about combining Story Designer with GM Mode. The idea I had was to take the stories we create in Story Designer and importing them into GM Mode. On that Same token giving us some Cutscene animations to use in their as well I really think this could spice things up a lot. As well as giving the Favorited Mode some much needed new blood.

# 125 Jukeman @ 05/07/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_XX4
@ Marcus: How about combining Story Designer with GM Mode. The idea I had was to take the stories we create in Story Designer and importing them into GM Mode. On that Same token giving us some Cutscene animations to use in their as well I really think this could spice things up a lot. As well as giving the Favorited Mode some much needed new blood.
Yes thats a good idea, but still keep the option to upload linear stories online...

I would love a GM mode where I could setup the story line, watch them act it out(and watch cpu vs cpu matches; if the AI is better) while makjng stories on the fly depending on the match outcome...

I guest an interactive EWR??? I never played that game so IDK...

# 126 The GIGGAS @ 05/07/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Yes thats a good idea, but still keep the option to upload linear stories online...

I would love a GM mode where I could setup the story line, watch them act it out(and watch cpu vs cpu matches; if the AI is better) while makjng stories on the fly depending on the match outcome...

I guest an interactive EWR??? I never played that game so IDK...
Dude, play TEW. It's amazing. Granted, you don't have any flashy visuals... but they're not necessary. All you have to do is use your imagination!

# 127 Jukeman @ 05/07/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Dude, play TEW. It's amazing. Granted, you don't have any flashy visuals... but they're not necessary. All you have to do is use your imagination!

LoL I was gonna try out but I have a Mac and really dont want to deal with bootcamp and buy windows.....

I would love a game like that but I dont see myself playing it on a computer....if only they had a hand held version(mobile/iPhone version/itouch) I would def buy it in a heart beat

# 128 The GIGGAS @ 05/07/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
LoL I was gonna try out but I have a Mac and really dont want to deal with bootcamp and buy windows.....

I would love a game like that but I dont see myself playing it on a computer....if only they had a hand held version(mobile/iPhone version/itouch) I would def buy it in a heart beat
You don't have to deal with Bootcamp and buy Windows.

You can use VMWare and Windows... *wink*

# 129 Westsyde @ 05/09/10 03:07 AM
K, for me slight changes each year will improve the minor flaws in the game. Also, I am glad the game developers care enough about their series to interject themselves onto the boards.

#1) Bring back GM Mode: I want to run my show, both shows, or just draft and watch the shows. I want to be able to draft my roster or both. My nephew and I love drafting our rosters, making trades, and going through our YEARS of seasons.

#2) Legends would be nice: No offence, but Legends of Wrestlemania is junk. I was excited at first, but glad I rented first. With all the copyrights WWE owns, they can and should bring us a lot of old wrestlers that we miss to use in EVERY mode with our favorites of today. Dream matches are great and Big Show vs. Andre the Giant or The Hart Dynasty vs. The Hart Foundation will be greatly appreciated.

#3) The Skill level difference needs tweaked: It stinks when you go from beating the cpu pitifully to dealing with ALL counters over and over. I think the cpu should counter finishers more in higher levels, get adrenaline boosts when in signature position to where they are pressing you into defense, or even they might get outside help.

#4) Managers and tag partners should get more involved: All I can say is watch Heenan in the 80's. Managers don't just take up floor space.

#5) More match types: I would like a Lumberjack Match with at least 4 Lumberjacks, 3 Stages of Hell, a 2 out of 3 falls in all match styles, and....a Scaffold Match.

#6) Create a Card: I want to be able to make a complete show and then wrestle it. Create a Storyline would work if you didn't have restrictions i.e. only 10 CaWs allowed to be used.

#7) Titles should be able to be up in ANY match: If I want to put the title on the line in a backstage brawl I should be able to, if I want the Royal Rumble winner to win the US Title I should be able to, and if I want the last 2 people in a battle royal to be the tag champs I think I should be able to do that to.

#8) Edit a downloaded creation: a lot of people make good CaWs, but leave out their music, moves, or they spell their name wrong. I would like to be able to tweak a creation. I don't think we should be able to reupload it, but we should be able to edit it for our use.

Finally, I don't want one of the old games back. I like my SvR series. If you like the old games then play them. I still play some of them, but I like SvR as a series always have. Keep the gameplay controls, add moves, add glancing blows, misses, and tweaks like that to make it better, but leave the framework the same with the easy pick up and play controls so even my nephew and neice can play while they may be young.

Thanks I'll be watching for your thoughts,
Westsyde

# 130 Westsyde @ 05/15/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
There are 2 copies for the PS2 on ebay if you didn't find it in Japan.

# 131 stephensonmc @ 05/22/10 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsyde
There are 2 copies for the PS2 on ebay if you didn't find it in Japan.
Thanks bro, I found it. Yuke's also gave me a copy of Wrestle Kingdom 2 while I was out there! VADER!!!

# 132 Westsyde @ 05/22/10 09:38 AM
Yeah, I picked up Smackdown 2: Know Your Role, Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain, Smackdown vs. Raw, and Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 from ebay this week. I was trying to remember what I liked, what I didn't, what I missed, and some was just the nostalgia kicking in. SOOOOO glad I own a PS3 so I could play them all on there.

The 2 biggest needs seem to be an open ended season like other sports titles and the online needs fixed. I hate playing online with SvR. Too many issue to mention in this quick post. lol

# 133 marinofan @ 05/31/10 02:11 PM
Congrats! I haven't bought SVR in the last 2 years because it doesn't seem to improve. I think its time for a new engine with improved gameplay and graphics. I hope this year I can return to the series.

# 134 marinofan @ 05/31/10 03:38 PM
I hope you guys finally add weight detection. It is very unrealistic when Rey Mysterio can lift Big Show. The physics need to improve.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.