Home
MLB 10 News Post

The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

- Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 green94 @ 03/17/10 08:09 PM
Not really surprised... Kolbe was all over the issues from day 1. Keep up the good work SCEA.

# 42 GOBLUE_08 @ 03/17/10 08:17 PM

Damn you guys are fast!!

# 43 SoxFan01605 @ 03/17/10 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Not really surprised... Kolbe was all over the issues from day 1. Keep up the good work SCEA.
Heh...my thoughts exactly. I literally just said this to someone!

# 44 RawisTheGameHhH @ 03/17/10 08:22 PM
this is the best news I've heard since DirecTV and Versus making up; thanks SCEA!!!

# 45 Skyboxer @ 03/17/10 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6317
what time will the patch be available?
Already answered once.....
Believe to be 5am..

# 46 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/17/10 08:45 PM
I will be firing up franchise mode by the crack of dawn

# 47 ankur329 @ 03/17/10 08:46 PM
Russell,

Does this patch address the lineup issues in Season/Franchise mode, which occurred in the previous show (MLB 09)? I noticed CPU batting lineup re-arranges once a game starts regardless if a saved roster (with set lineups) was uploaded into the season.

# 48 NY4Life @ 03/17/10 08:53 PM
This is why everyone that was coming down hard on SCEA after release needed to ease up a bit. These guys come through in the clutch. I was prepared to wait until April to start my Mets Franchise but I may have to start tomorrow!

Thanks to the SCEA MLB The Show crew for the quick turnaround and the all the hard work pre and post release.

# 49 countryboy @ 03/17/10 09:00 PM
franchise not having to be restarted...at least shouldn't have to be is music to my ears.

Almost through May, haven't encountered any of the franchise issues(cpu trading for you/waiver issue) and now I never will.

Excellent work guys...excellent work.

# 50 ty5oke @ 03/17/10 09:14 PM
Thanks Russell and SCEA crew! Great news.

# 51 bababooey76 @ 03/17/10 09:26 PM
My only concern now is player potential causing the crazy trades by the cpu. Hope that is fixed as well, but great job on the other fixes.

# 52 pezone @ 03/17/10 09:29 PM
so......will the patch work on an existing franchise with all the workarounds?? meaning....will I be able to now just keep playing with my own team and give all the other teams to the CPU???

OH...and THANKS SCEA!!!!

# 53 Pirate @ 03/17/10 09:31 PM
SCEA you continue to amaze. This is unexpected and such welcome news. Thank you for supporting the games you release. This kind of customer service will continue to bring me back to your products.

# 54 Speedy @ 03/17/10 09:51 PM
Now, everybody praises SCEA; tomorrow when y'awl still find even the smallest of issues it'll be death to all devs.

As for me, I'm simply thankful for a committed development team that thrives to make the perfect and most realistic game. Patch or no patch you guys still deserve my standing ovation. The Madden guys were right to look @ y'awl for inspiration.

# 55 King_PhiL13 @ 03/17/10 09:51 PM
Good to see the Sony team on top of the issues by already releasing a 2nd patch before the season even starts!

# 56 countryboy @ 03/17/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezone
so......will the patch work on an existing franchise with all the workarounds?? meaning....will I be able to now just keep playing with my own team and give all the other teams to the CPU???

OH...and THANKS SCEA!!!!
patch should work with existing franchises. Russell answered earlier in the thread.

# 57 jethrotull @ 03/17/10 10:00 PM
Does this patch also address the waiver logic with some of the best players being put on the waiver wire?

# 58 NY4Life @ 03/17/10 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Does this patch also address the waiver logic with some of the best players being put on the waiver wire?
I think that, in real life, there are times that a teams best player (Manny Ramirez comes to mind) is put on waivers after the deadline. The key is letting the CPU pull the guy back or make a trade.

My point is that this might not be something that is looked at as a bug/glitch.

# 59 ShowTyme15 @ 03/17/10 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
That was answered in the opening post.

# 60 countryboy @ 03/17/10 10:02 PM
all the fixes are listed on the first page with the first post.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.