Home
MLB 10 News Post

The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

- Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bat @ 03/18/10 06:22 AM
Thanks for the quick work! Can we turn cpu trades totally off?

# 102 jasce23 @ 03/18/10 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Being from England its always a challenge getting my head around timezones, especially given that America has at least 3 iirc.

So 5am Pacific is what 2 hours away now? Thats midday here.

you are right...12am here

# 103 richinspirit @ 03/18/10 06:48 AM
great job SCEA. I've never seen a game developer so in tune with what the fans want and so able to provide us with what we need when we need it. I will be recommending this game to everyone i know for as long as it's made!!!

# 104 Counted Out @ 03/18/10 08:07 AM
Not a 5am release.

I'm not complaining AT ALL. I'm still happy as can be that I didn't have to wait until April.

There isn't even a smiley that can express my happiness.

# 105 Jgainsey @ 03/18/10 08:29 AM
Wow. It's great to see another patch so soon. Kudos to SCEA.

Though I'm a little disappointed to see that the overall stability of online play wasn't addressed. I've been having a great time playing games online this year, but the amount of freezing/lockups is really frustrating. Hopefully the online issues that were addressed in this patch will help somewhat with this.

# 106 texbuk84 @ 03/18/10 08:34 AM
did the patch come out yet on the east coast

# 107 TexasLeague @ 03/18/10 08:37 AM
To those of you excited about starting your franchise post patch: I read the list of updates...I didn't notice the crazy trades addressed...are you still doing 30 team control or just 1?

# 108 texbuk84 @ 03/18/10 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLeague
To those of you excited about starting your franchise post patch: I read the list of updates...I didn't notice the crazy trades addressed...are you still doing 30 team control or just 1?
I really understand the trade logic man. I looked at alot of those guys that are traded after simulating to yr 5 and about 20 of the guys who are traded turned out( especially) pitchers to be at the top of rotations and things of that nature. the trade logic makes since to me.

# 109 NAFBUC @ 03/18/10 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Looks like PastaPadre's article was all for nothing.
Not according to PP........he thinks SCEA called everyone in from vacation and started on the patch after the negative article he published about the patch delay.

# 110 Fiddy @ 03/18/10 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
Not according to PP........he thinks SCEA called everyone in from vacation and started on the patch after the negative article he published about the patch delay.
yeah i found that pretty funny. like that many people care about what he posts to call in workers to get to work on a patch. lmfao. i like what he does, but he seems full of himself at times. its like dude, relax, its a video game.

oh yeah, awesome work on getting this second patch out so quick!! thanks guys!!

# 111 Willis135 @ 03/18/10 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
I really understand the trade logic man. I looked at alot of those guys that are traded after simulating to yr 5 and about 20 of the guys who are traded turned out( especially) pitchers to be at the top of rotations and things of that nature. the trade logic makes since to me.
Agreed, I don't have an issue with the trade logic at all

# 112 PsychoBulk @ 03/18/10 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASTAPADRE
While we won’t know if this patch was quickly created in response to some of the backlash that came after stating work wouldn’t start on it until the end of the month, all that matters is that it is being delivered in a timely fashion and everyone should be pleased with that.
Had to chuckle at that.

Even now he cant admit he was badly wrong and has been embarrassed here.

# 113 TexasLeague @ 03/18/10 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Agreed, I don't have an issue with the trade logic at all
Ok cool. I haven't even played a Franchise I was just referring to what I heard through the grapevine...lol.

# 114 fenwaymike @ 03/18/10 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It happens occasionally if the guy on third is quick and he crosses the plate before the out at first is recorded.

M.K.
Knight165
So if Nick Johnson is the runner on third we would have nothing to worry about..correct? :-)

# 115 Ridgeberg @ 03/18/10 09:18 AM
I just booted up the game as was prompted to install the new patch. This is 9:18am Eastern time. Patch is 343 MB.

Have fun everyone!

# 116 pistolpete @ 03/18/10 09:19 AM
Well this is pretty cool news. Maybe I'll dip my feet in Franchise mode then and see what happens. I was a little weary to do so, since I didn't want to invest so much time in a glitchy mode.

# 117 brunnoce @ 03/18/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
I just booted up the game as was prompted to install the new patch. This is 9:18am Eastern time. Patch is 343 MB.

Have fun everyone!
geezz 343!
i thought the last pacth was that big because of the stadium update... guess it isnt!

# 118 PsychoBulk @ 03/18/10 09:24 AM
You sure thats not patch 1? Because that was 343 MB as well and it seems a funny coincidence they are both the same?

# 119 ksi rankinjr @ 03/18/10 09:26 AM
No hes right---patch 2 is ready for all of us!!

# 120 MarcoRVD @ 03/18/10 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
You sure thats not patch 1? Because that was 343 MB as well and it seems a funny coincidence they are both the same?
I think it's the new one. I'm downloading it and I already have the first one so it should be the new one. And yes, it's 343MB, like the old one

Franchise time!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.