Home
MLB 10 News Post

The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

- Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 03/18/10 10:33 AM
This patch was a pleasant surprise this morning:
I'm forced to say that SCEA/Russel & fellow colleagues that you guys definitely stepped up to the plate. Vacation permitted or graciously awaiting for your granted leave, I and many are really glad someone stood at the office to make your overall consumers a bit more satisfied. Thanks for public list and may your 3rd patch be the end all patch talks for MLB10.

MLB10 the Show = Greatest virtual game of stick this generation. Your commitment & follow through is 2nd to none.. (as for impressions I'll read it in the new sticky thread, as this one has really turned into an appreciation thread)

# 142 fenwaymike @ 03/18/10 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
bump.....please read

# 143 major major @ 03/18/10 11:29 AM
Late to the party, but thank you guys for your continued hard work!

# 144 jtott @ 03/18/10 12:01 PM
Thank you soooooooo much for the fixes........ Will they work with my current franchise going on.... or do I have to start one over? Also, this may have been commented on already..not sure, but was the "catch region/ball marker" issue fixed....I have them turned off, but they are still on. Note..... I have not downloaded the new patch yet.

# 145 brunnoce @ 03/18/10 12:25 PM
Russel u should add these 2 fixes in the list:

1-Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

2- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

# 146 PsychoBulk @ 03/18/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
Excellent, even thought it didnt affect anything as it was a graphical issue, nice to see even small things like that have been taken care of

# 147 ckarlic @ 03/18/10 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
Thank you soooooooo much for the fixes........ Will they work with my current franchise going on.... or do I have to start one over? Also, this may have been commented on already..not sure, but was the "catch region/ball marker" issue fixed....I have them turned off, but they are still on. Note..... I have not downloaded the new patch yet.
Its been stated that you do not have to restart your franchise after you install the patch.

# 148 brunnoce @ 03/18/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Excellent, even thought it didnt affect anything as it was a graphical issue, nice to see even small things like that have been taken care of
Yeh, i know it was only graphical but still i look at those stats alot during my games!

Im not at home now, but id like to know if they tweaked edit mode so we can add wristbands over sleeves now...id love this, been asking for it since last year when they took it out of the game.

# 149 Pistolero @ 03/18/10 12:45 PM
All right!! Need to go ahead and download this today.

# 150 BlueSkies7776 @ 03/18/10 12:53 PM
Damn, are you guys going to fix the no field degradation issue at Dodger Stadium? I know its not at the top of the list of concerns but me being a Dodger fan (and I'm sure to other Dodger fans) it's kind of a presentation annoyance.

# 151 brunnoce @ 03/18/10 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies7776
Damn, are you guys going to fix the no field degradation issue at Dodger Stadium? I know its not at the top of the list of concerns but me being a Dodger fan (and I'm sure to other Dodger fans) it's kind of a presentation annoyance.
I didnt check, but perhaps they already did in this pacth...that would explain it beeing 343mb , same size as pacth one that fixed Target Field Backstop colors.

# 152 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/18/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
I didnt check, but perhaps they already did in this pacth...that would explain it beeing 343mb , same size as pacth one that fixed Target Field Backstop colors.
It could also be because the patch incorporates patch 1 and 2? I think usually software incorporates previous fixes into updated patch so you do not have to update 2x.

# 153 brunnoce @ 03/18/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
It could also be because the patch incorporates patch 1 and 2? I think usually software incorporates previous fixes into updated patch so you do not have to update 2x.
oh yeh..that makes a lot of sense..its problaby that.

# 154 Russell_SCEA @ 03/18/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
Russel u should add these 2 fixes in the list:

1-Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

It's the gift that keeps on giving

# 155 Skyboxer @ 03/18/10 02:03 PM
I seriously can not wait to get home and finish my roster edits (sounds etc) so I can start up my franchise....

I'm dying here...

# 156 pistolpete @ 03/18/10 02:10 PM
Ha, I had no idea about the LH power thing. I just assumed you were either good at contact or power against LH, but not both.

# 157 computerlover @ 03/18/10 03:02 PM
I started a RTTS character, and it stopped in the middle of the campaign 1st year after simulating several games. will this patch fix that issue? cant do crap with it. it will load, but i cannot play or sim another game! nothing. no practice, no BP, nothing it just does nothing!

# 158 sdpads19 @ 03/18/10 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
What we could do given the time frame also that thread got off track and people started posting players with generic stances and not hidden ones fyi.
no Ryan Braun?? maybe next time...

# 159 brunnoce @ 03/18/10 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads19
no Ryan Braun?? maybe next time...
Iwamura was missed too... at least we know they can fix that now

# 160 sdpads19 @ 03/18/10 03:47 PM
I thought Jason Bay's stance was already available??

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.