Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 401 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/04/10 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
A minor transition is easier
not against shogun on expert. Just attemptin to posture will result in being reversed abot 75% of the time. Vs rampage. Posture all you want he doesn't try to reverse. Except in the clinch and then he gets double underhooks with body lock throu reversing your clinch transitions

# 402 UNC_Pete @ 05/04/10 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Nice to see you rocking the blue now Pete
Funny thing is I donated in August 2009 and never sent a PM. haha

# 403 PBlast @ 05/04/10 11:09 AM
Just got this last night, playing with Advanced mode I'm basically rematching until I win. Managed to get 2 wins last night. I'm hoping to be able to get to the point of beating the CPU on expert fairly easily, or else I'm gonna be a piece of cake for the rest of my fight camp haha. Beating Rua was no easy task, I was Rashad and for about 40 minutes of straight rematches I'd say he submitted me 1st round about 85% of the time haha. Good times though, the game plays quite a bit differently than last year, but I seem to be getting the hang of it.

# 404 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/04/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny21
YES! Same with machida, rashad and rampage are more realistic, I can actually posture up, 95% of my attempts of posture up end up in shogun/machida reversing me and me ending up on my back, one of top 3 biggest issue I have so far.
Precisely the reason I say to bait him into a transition by throwing a weak strike, and reverse it to be full postured. he gets though he's only in half guard. if you transition and he reverses you have him in your guard.

# 405 sb24 @ 05/04/10 12:55 PM
So I played on advanced instead of expert last night. Was having alot more trouble overall than I was on expert.

# 406 PBlast @ 05/04/10 01:32 PM
I'm sure it's been posted here, forgive my laziness, how do you sway?

# 407 allBthere @ 05/04/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlast
I'm sure it's been posted here, forgive my laziness, how do you sway?
hold down right sholder button (block) and flick the left stick up, down, toward, or back don't hold it down just kind of nudge it. you can press a punch button to come out of it faster with a pre-determined punch too if you wish.

# 408 PBlast @ 05/04/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
hold down right sholder button (block) and flick the left stick up, down, toward, or back don't hold it down just kind of nudge it. you can press a punch button to come out of it faster with a pre-determined punch too if you wish.
Good stuff, thanks man!

# 409 oChaos_Nine @ 05/04/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Do you have noscript? It'll do that if you haven't allowed OS through.
Yeah I do but I disabled it and reset firefox but it still wouldn't let me line break. Today it did

# 410 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/04/10 03:26 PM
Quote:
actually you can look at the action list and see which strikes you throw out of eaach sway

# 411 sonny21 @ 05/04/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Precisely the reason I say to bait him into a transition by throwing a weak strike, and reverse it to be full postured. he gets though he's only in half guard. if you transition and he reverses you have him in your guard.
How to do you manually reverse it since your guy auto blocks attempt, that is until 3rd attempt.

Your talking about blocking his attempt of transition right when you have full mount and want posture up.

# 412 allBthere @ 05/04/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
actually you can look at the action list and see which strikes you throw out of eaach sway
I know, that's why I said pre-determined - because it seemed faster than fully explaining that each sway direction corresponds to a particular punch for both hands. I would kind of rather you just throw your own punch because you kind of pop out of the animation a bit fast for me. Minor though.

# 413 Bad_Intentions @ 05/04/10 05:41 PM
They need to GREATLY reduce the amount of KO's. I know that want that wow factor, but really 1 out of every 10 stoppages should be to KO. If you watch the real UFC 9 out of 10 times you see a TKO rather than a clean 1 punch/kick KO.

Also need to do something about the ground n pound TKO.....They still have it to where the guy dazed looks to be passed out. A ref would never let a guy laying limp like that get drilled 5+ times in the head with no movement at all. Take a look at Rashad/Forrest or Carwin/Mir or any of the other TKO's that happen and the guys getting punched are always moving their legs or their arms trying to escape or do something. Now after about 4 or 5 shots it would be cool to see the guy go limp then the ref pull or tackle you off...They need to have at least 10-15 animations for these types of finishes given position and fighter. That would make finishes MUCH MUCH more exciting and realistic.

Also they need to add standing TKO's where a guy doesn't fall but if he is visibly rocked and takes so many consecutive punches that the ref has to stop the fight.

# 414 Moshood @ 05/04/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
So I played on advanced instead of expert last night. Was having alot more trouble overall than I was on expert.
It's strange because I've been playing on experienced because advanced was too hard seeing as I would always lose 97% of the time so then I tried expert and KO'ed the CPU 3 times using Machida, Rampage and Evans. It's weird.

# 415 woody2goody @ 05/04/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
They need to GREATLY reduce the amount of KO's. I know that want that wow factor, but really 1 out of every 10 stoppages should be to KO. If you watch the real UFC 9 out of 10 times you see a TKO rather than a clean 1 punch/kick KO.

Also need to do something about the ground n pound TKO.....They still have it to where the guy dazed looks to be passed out. A ref would never let a guy laying limp like that get drilled 5+ times in the head with no movement at all. Take a look at Rashad/Forrest or Carwin/Mir or any of the other TKO's that happen and the guys getting punched are always moving their legs or their arms trying to escape or do something. Now after about 4 or 5 shots it would be cool to see the guy go limp then the ref pull or tackle you off...They need to have at least 10-15 animations for these types of finishes given position and fighter. That would make finishes MUCH MUCH more exciting and realistic.

Also they need to add standing TKO's where a guy doesn't fall but if he is visibly rocked and takes so many consecutive punches that the ref has to stop the fight.
I agree with nearly all of this. Fights might end in the same decision (KO, TKO) but in many different ways. I also would like the ability to do those little hammer fists when on top and behind the opponent like Velasquez did to Kongo a while ago. Ground and pound is what needs to be one of the main focuses of the next game IMO.

# 416 filtertmp @ 05/04/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
I got rocked standing up against the cage and just blocked for my life, and the bell happened to go
I love this animation/status were you are 'tito'ed up against the cage and just trying to survive.. glad they added it.

# 417 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/04/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
I know, that's why I said pre-determined - because it seemed faster than fully explaining that each sway direction corresponds to a particular punch for both hands. I would kind of rather you just throw your own punch because you kind of pop out of the animation a bit fast for me. Minor though.
I'm sorry man, predetermined made it sound like the computer picks a strike out of its *** to throw for you. I figured out submissions. Get their energy low before slapping on the sub. let all the red drain before you start shining. once they are completely yellow, shine. i have even gotten the computer on expert with this now. subs are possible, its just different than we were used to.

# 418 Bad_Intentions @ 05/04/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I agree with nearly all of this. Fights might end in the same decision (KO, TKO) but in many different ways. I also would like the ability to do those little hammer fists when on top and behind the opponent like Velasquez did to Kongo a while ago. Ground and pound is what needs to be one of the main focuses of the next game IMO.
They should really take a look at how big fights like that end and put those types of finishes in the game...a fight being finished in MMA is one of the most exciting parts of the sport..they really need to capture that next year.

And I to hate this stick spinning for subs....i'd rather it be button mashing. After playing the game long enough on PS3(can't speak for 360) my palm hurts from all the spinning. That is not fun, the end of the ps3 joystick is hard and not meant for spinning. I really hope they find an innovative new way to pull off subs but I have the feeling that they are so enamored with "the shine" that they will leave it in.

# 419 allBthere @ 05/04/10 09:40 PM
Quote:
This is why subs need to be different.

Shouldn't be about stamina or rotating the analog stick. They need to make it into a form of transitioning or something; based on stats. I don't exactly know how, because it's hard - but the whole clicking the stick thing just sucks; and it being based so much on energy sucks especially.
I agree because you're fighter could be thinking only about sub defence - which leads me to something I forgot remember from last year.

why can't we block subs? We can block transitions, but not subs. Last year the way people tried to beat me most with my CAF was to have me even just a bit tired and flying arm-bar me. I always thought, if I know what you're going to do maybe even before you know and all I'm trying to do is prevent that one thing...maybe I ought to be able to.

It's kind of weird too how the number of slams/throws is reduced too (even though I don't have a better idea)

and I don't know about you guys but after seeing those overall rating in the other thread it's weird how Machida is totally the easiest for me to beat on expert or any other level. I'm almost always Rua btw.

# 420 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/05/10 12:17 AM
The number of slams and throws really not reduced. They just seem more to be position and situational based now. Because I have done quite few cool slams off the cage with rampage. And did some cool side dumps with Rashad where he grabs both your legs, lift you up in the air and dump you into side control.

What this game is lacking is the submission struggle they had last year. This year it is either all in or all out. When you break out of subs, you just bust out of them like hercules.....What happened to the struggle ?

Where is my power slam from full guard to break the guard ? Where is my power bomb out of an arm triangle ? And where the hell is the rubber guard ????? Buttefly guard seem very lame and useless to me in the demo.

The only thing you can do from is a triangle choke. Where in real life you could use the butterfly guard to sweep your opponent as well.

Granted this a demo and hopefully the full game isn't like this. If it is, I can see this game getting patched within the 1st couple of weeks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.