Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 thegut @ 05/06/10 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
I'm hoping the gameplay in the retail is a complete 180 is some ways because the more I play this demo the more I get disapointed with it. Playing on Expert and it's too easy and predictable, especially on the ground. Something needs to be done about the ground game because for me it's the same thing each time. Pepper shots, reverse, posture up, big shots, reverse, repeat till i get full mount then I can end it there by reversing over and over. I'd like the option to be able to stay in a certain position if I reverse the transition correctly and not be forced to advance.

I wanna be able to end fights by holding people down in a certain position and still be able to transition block to stay in that position. GSP can stay in full guard for an entire round and hold people there, Brock can hold Mir in side control and end the fight there. As of right now it's get to full mount or get back up.
Great post. I'm seeing the same thing. Right now I really don't care to have any other fighters then these four in the demo because every fight ends the same. Unless I go out of my way to keep the fight standing I just reverse the cpu to mount in no time. Huge disappointment for me that expert difficulty is so easy to defeat the first day I had the demo.

# 442 PBlast @ 05/06/10 09:10 AM
Maybe I just suck but I've been playing it on Advanced and I've only been able to win twice. Kept rematching Machida (me) vs. Rampage last night and got knocked out EVERY time by early 2nd round. Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong, being too aggressive maybe. Oh well, I'll keep at it.

# 443 DJ @ 05/06/10 10:00 AM
I'm really annoyed they took out the "power escape" option for subs. I really, really dislike "the shine" (why is it called this anyway?). I have yet to pull off a sub and then when the CPU catches me in something, my guy taps almost immediately. Very annoying.

CPU on Advanced is too spastic. All big shots and Machida's takedown is near-impossible to stop.

# 444 PBlast @ 05/06/10 10:28 AM
Hmm, maybe I'll try Expert tonight, apparently it's easier haha. Seems a bit backwards.

# 445 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/06/10 10:37 AM
Yeah Advanced is a lot harder then Expert. So I really think they put the code in backwards. In Advvanced you can get KO'ed with one punch or kick thrown. I literally been KO'ed 3 seconds into a fight by this against Rampage and Shogun. And subs is an automatic tap on this level too for the cpu.

Expert seems to be more balanced. Far as keeping the cpu on the ground.......I can do that for a whole round just by going back and forth from side control to north south position. Looks funny doing it, resembles a college wrestling match.

And if on my back,, I can just hold them down until the ref stands us up.

# 446 Jukeman @ 05/06/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
I'm hoping the gameplay in the retail is a complete 180 is some ways because the more I play this demo the more I get disapointed with it. Playing on Expert and it's too easy and predictable, especially on the ground. Something needs to be done about the ground game because for me it's the same thing each time. Pepper shots, reverse, posture up, big shots, reverse, repeat till i get full mount then I can end it there by reversing over and over. I'd like the option to be able to stay in a certain position if I reverse the transition correctly and not be forced to advance.

I wanna be able to end fights by holding people down in a certain position and still be able to transition block to stay in that position. GSP can stay in full guard for an entire round and hold people there, Brock can hold Mir in side control and end the fight there. As of right now it's get to full mount or get back up.
that and the big shots the cpu always throw pretty much sums up the negetives of the demo...

Wish the AI was more strategic and conservative when striking(This could be the reason for all the flash KO, but like someone said, I flash KO'd someone with a jab..)

I wish that there was a consequence to throwing big shots like a hugh loss in stamina and/or proned to get counter more easily, as of now we have neither...

Hopefully the AI will get tougher in the retail version, maybe the adaptive AI is turned off in the demo???

# 447 PBlast @ 05/06/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah Advanced is a lot harder then Expert. So I really think they put the code in backwards. In Advvanced you can get KO'ed with one punch or kick thrown. I literally been KO'ed 3 seconds into a fight by this against Rampage and Shogun. And subs is an automatic tap on this level too for the cpu.

Expert seems to be more balanced. Far as keeping the cpu on the ground.......I can do that for a whole round just by going back and forth from side control to north south position. Looks funny doing it, resembles a college wrestling match.

And if on my back,, I can just hold them down until the ref stands us up.
Very good to know, I felt like /life last night

# 448 thegut @ 05/06/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
that and the big shots the cpu always throw pretty much sums up the negetives of the demo...

Wish the AI was more strategic and conservative when striking(This could be the reason for all the flash KO, but like someone said, I flash KO'd someone with a jab..)

I wish that there was a consequence to throwing big shots like a hugh loss in stamina and/or proned to get counter more easily, as of now we have neither...

Hopefully the AI will get tougher in the retail version, maybe the adaptive AI is turned off in the demo???
Yeah I noticed that on advanced they just charge in throwing big shots with pretty much zero strategy. They also have to do something about Machida's trip takedown. I can take everybody down at will, no setup required.

# 449 eeyor @ 05/06/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman

I totally agree. The whole punching stamina is way off in my opinion. Another thing to mention with regard to stamina: Loss for movement. Why can I run around the cage like I'm on LSD? That really annoys me.

# 450 PBlast @ 05/06/10 12:33 PM
Yeah seems KO's are definitely a bit out of control, I'm sure if it continues to be an issue with the retail version then they'd likely address it in some sort of patch.

# 451 Jukeman @ 05/06/10 12:51 PM
I am sticking with advance in the demo, expert is too easy right now(sounds funny)

like others have said, I can easily finish the fight in a GnP after just reversing the cpu to get full mount and this is without fully understanding the buttons for the ground game...

Advance seem like the cpu is harder...Maybe its because the cpu spam transition attempts on expert??? IDK what it is...

I also find myself picking my strikes and blocking alot more on advance

# 452 thegut @ 05/06/10 01:08 PM
Impressions against the CPU:

Standup:
I have noticed is that there is no pocket any more in the standup game. My standup against the cpu goes from lunging haymakers five feet out to an elbow/uppercut fest up close. I really enjoyed in 09 making quick moves into and out of the pocket and exchanging. Now mid punch the cpu is constantly able to get quick takedowns as opposed to 09's if you get punched in the face in attempting a takedown its going to fail. When they said they added sway I figured it was like FNR4 where you can get into the pocket and actually dodge and exchange more realistically. Sway is currently only useful for dodging mile out haymakers, up close it does little but slow you down in the elbow/uppercut fest. Combos are pretty much non existent because the standup game is so strange and wonky. The jab and the straight extend about 1 foot from your body while the LB hook extends like 4 feet. KO's abound and are a bit too common. Only a handful of KO animations (may be demo related) I like the standing rocked state now. Landing a good 4 or 5 unanswered head shots rocks most fighters. More varied takedowns are nice but Machida's trip takedown is ridiculously over powered. He can takedown at will with no consequence for a missed takedown.

Ground:
Posture game on the ground is well done and so is auto transition blocks. More striking is going on now in the ground game. I do not like the shine or the sub system. I broke a controller last year doing it so I made a strong fighter in 09 who I could power out of subs using button mashing. Not every sub should be a struggle. I wish they used the old PrideFC system from the ps2. If you pressed the punch buttons at the same time when someone starts a sub then it auto powers out. I find I'm shining constantly because subs just require a click of the button to do and pretty much don't punish the person who attempted it. Look at Rua from the guard he can omoplata out of the guard everytime. Mount is extremely easy to get against the cpu. Just reverse constantly because they transition spam.

Clinch:
Will probably be cool against a human but against the cpu it just transitions every 1/2 second. Not a whole lot of fun. Muay thai plum is tough as hell to maintain on expert since if you throw one knee expect it to be caught or transitioned right out of the plum. Cage interaction is pretty cool. Probably be a blast against a human but I dont really notice against the cpu because we are transition spamming in the clinch.

Game has a lot of promise. I really don't have much problems with the ground game or clinch besides the obvious (the damn shine), but I felt really disappointed in the standup game. Hopefully some tweaks are coming. Just my 2 cents.

# 453 Bad_Intentions @ 05/06/10 02:33 PM
I also think they need to scrap the standing elbows...Very few fighters throw them and when they do it is a rarity...when guys are really close they still punch, not try to elbow each other.

They need to get some kind of short choppy punch animations instead of the bows.

# 454 Ifly8o8 @ 05/06/10 03:26 PM
I've been playing this game for the past two days and I feel that I got the controls down fairly well. This is my feelings towards ufc 10. Yes there are way too many kos and not enough rocked scenarios. That needs to be changed. I also think that the frequent flash kos is due to the fact that heavy punches are your most effective punches. Like someone said the jab straight combo is almost non existant. But when u think of a real fight they hardly jab anyway so that's kind of a wash. This isn't boxing. In fact if u watch real fights occassionally u will hear Rogan say that the jab is the most unutilized attack in mma. There are few ufc fighters that use the jab with effectiveness.
The ground game is just like last year IMO. There are more positions, but advancing is the same. Rotate stick or reverse. The only thing I liked is that it's a lot easier to transition if u have proper positioning. For example if u r in full guard up u can position ur hand on his leg to get ready to transition to half guard. Then in half guard u can hip down to look for the mount. That's cool IMO.
As for submissions, I think it needs a huge revamp. This is the biggest concern for me. It's almost impossible to submit in expert without cheesing lev kicks and wearing down ur opponent. On the flip side, a submission by the computer on expert almost guarantees a tap no matter what ur energy level or experience. Plus I may have seen a huge hole in the sub mechanics. Against machida on expert I was owning him on the stand up so he took me down. From there he put me into a kimura I believe but I was able to break out. However, my stamina was low so I sat in his half guard till I gained it back. But his stamina recovered faster than mine and before mine could top off he tried a submission again. He kept spamming subs till my stamina was so low due to lack of recovering speed then he tapped me out. Pissed I tried again and found myself in this situation again. This time I would escape the sub nd right when he let's go I would try to transition out. Unfortunately he blocked it and since transitioning takes more stamina out of u it was easier to submit me. I swear he won 4-5 matches by sub spamming which is bull**** and will totally kill this game if left in. I never tried to donut myself, but I'm gonna try tonight.

# 455 Ifly8o8 @ 05/06/10 03:35 PM
Sorry there are no breaks and spelling and grammar. I'm on my iPhone so it's a lil harder to type. Lol

# 456 sb24 @ 05/06/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifly8o8
Sorry there are no breaks and spelling and grammar. I'm on my iPhone so it's a lil harder to type. Lol
I cant believe you had the patience to type that out from your phone. I have a full keyboard and wouldnt do that.

# 457 JoeMimic @ 05/06/10 04:32 PM
I'm still annoyed on how reliant the submissions are on the stamina, I'm hoping this will be a little bit different on the full version but with how closely rated everyone is I somehow doubt it.

# 458 Bad_Intentions @ 05/06/10 05:27 PM
Agreed, submissions should be based off a combination of submission offense, submission defense of the other guy, plus position. And this shine crap is HORRIBLE, it hurts your hand and some people have broken controllers due to it. THQ has to find another way to implement submissions other than the person who spins their stick the fastest gets it...that is so stupid IMO.

# 459 mikenoob @ 05/06/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Agreed, submissions should be based off a combination of submission offense, submission defense of the other guy, plus position. And this shine crap is HORRIBLE, it hurts your hand and some people have broken controllers due to it. THQ has to find another way to implement submissions other than the person who spins their stick the fastest gets it...that is so stupid IMO.
It definitely isn't just who spins the stick fastest. My friend can rarely pull off subs on me and he uses the palm of his hand and spins it frantically. I just stay relaxed and spin it with my thumb, but it certainly is not as fast as my friend.

# 460 Stumbleweed @ 05/06/10 05:41 PM
I don't mind the Shine at all, I'm good at it, and after playing the crap out of 2009, it doesn't hurt my palm anymore. I can transition quickly between controller "holds" and spin that thing like a mofo within about half a second... this game ruined me. I haven't messed with the subs enough on the demo, but I'm excited to see the possibilities with sub switching and also how the ratings play out in that battle this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.