Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 521 Jukeman @ 05/12/10 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
After playing the demo i'm really having second thoughts about buying this game,the cpu is just awful and career mode was one of the things i was looking forward to playibg this year.
The CPU cant be as bad as the CPU from 2009, Im sure you enjoyed that one right?

# 522 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/12/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
The CPU cant be as bad as the CPU from 2009, Im sure you enjoyed that one right?
UM, aren't there different levels?

# 523 filtertmp @ 05/12/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
UM, aren't there different levels?
I think the issue isn't the stratified difficulty levels, but rather the lack of a challenge at the highest level (expert).

Personally, I hope the final version of the game's expert-level AI is more difficult (even if arbitrarily so, like absurd blocking/swaying or ground reversals). I'd rather expert be too hard and inaccessible then not hard enough.

Offline play (specifically career mode) might stagnate even with the tons of new features if the CPU difficulty isn't high enough.

Fingers crossed its not an issue but you can always look forward to playing against Brock and GSP for 85% of your online matches (haha.. probably undeserved but that was my 2009 experience).

# 524 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/12/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I think he's talking about on the ground
i know he was, im saying if you put their head up against the cage when you get kicked off their back is against the cage and you can immediately clinch and press. a dominant position. yes there isnt an advantage to pressing them while on the ground, but once the break to the standup happens, you're already in position.

all im saying is moving them on the ground is all apart of the chess match

# 525 gmac0322 @ 05/14/10 09:50 AM
I just got the demo. can anyone tell me how to get someone to tap? i was in a three round battle with rampage using Maschida and i put him in various triangle chokes and the computer would stay in it for a second and reverse out of it. Everytime the comp puts me in one i tap immediately. I know tap R3 to put them in it but what do i do after it?

# 526 PBlast @ 05/14/10 09:51 AM
Wish I could help, I've actually not been able to submit anyone either.

# 527 gmac0322 @ 05/14/10 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlast
Wish I could help, I've actually not been able to submit anyone either.
yup it is crazy. I did a lot of body work and rampage was limping around by the third and he still wouldn't tap. I am still just playing default difficulty just to learn the controls.

# 528 eeyor @ 05/14/10 10:42 AM
Submitting sounds easy on paper but it is hard as hell in the game. 1st you need to wear down your opponent to at least half his power bar. then, you need to drain his stamina to nearly zero, meaning all yellow while you should still preserve green stamina. Then you tap r3 and spin the right stick like a berzerk and hope he locks one in. Easy on paper but no fun in the game.

# 529 thegut @ 05/14/10 10:43 AM
Right now I'm not going to buy this game based off the demo. What is destroying the game for me is how the submissions are handled. Submissions need to be set up in real life. In this game if Rua gets you in side mount he can attempt a kimura over and over again by just clicking the sub button. This is ridiculous. A fighter in MMA just doesn't go for a sub when he feels like it. He sets it up with strikes or making a pass attempt. If he doesn't set it up it will fail every time. The last fight I just had on the demo I was beating the living crap out of Rua with Rampage. Just out playing him everywhere. I already rocked him twice in the fight. Then when I was attempting to get mount posture up he reversed me and got side mount immediately. No big deal. I was going to wait him out for a reversal since I was not in any real danger.....Then he attempts 4 freaking kimuras in a row. Well the last one got me. What absolute crap when you factor everything in. You have Rampage who was been subbed only once in his entire career 9 years ago. Third round when both fighters are very sweaty, which typically the odds of a sub are drastically reduced except for the rear naked choke (since being sweaty helps slip it in). Rua beat to a pulp. No attempt to set up the kimura by Rua, in real life Rampage would have just had to hold on to his shorts in order to stop it.

Sorry for my rant. There are so many better ways to implement subs and IMHO the chose the most half assed method.

# 530 thegut @ 05/14/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
The3 whole submission concept is just BAD...Worst aspect of the game by far...Like you said...They can be applied AT ANY TIME.

That needs to be totally re-tooled for 12.
Completely agree. They really took a lot of steps back when they removed the power (button mash) escape. There is a reason Rampage has only been submitted once in his career:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jOwYbMbm-s

There should be some type of punishment for attempting a submission on him. They have auto block transitions. There should be auto block subs.

Between the 4 fighters in the demo:
Evans 14 wins 2 by submission (both strikes) and none in the UFC
Machida 16 wins 2 by submission and 1 in the UFC
Jackson 30 wins 7 by submission and none in the UFC
Rua 19 wins 1 submission and none in the UFC

So between all of them 1 sub in the UFC, because the competition is a whole lot better. Plus Rampage has the lowest Sub offense on the demo but has more submission wins then the others combined. I guess I was expecting to much.

# 531 filtertmp @ 05/14/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegut
So between all of them 1 sub in the UFC, because the competition is a whole lot better. Plus Rampage has the lowest Sub offense on the demo but has more submission wins then the others combined. I guess I was expecting to much.
Rampage should have a very low sub offense.. he doesn't have a single sub (or sub attempt even) in his MMA career since his first fight in pride. 20+ consecutive submission-less fights with legit organizations outweigh him choking out a few people in small time KOTC shows at the start of his career.

Can rampage sub people? Absolutely. Every MMA fighter can. Melvin Manhoef has probably trained gogoplatas.. but the logic this year is that fighters have moves tailored to their ring performances.. Rampage hasn't subbed anyone thus the low rating to prevent people from using him in an unrealistic manner.

Anyways, I am going to wait for the full version before I make a verdict on subs. The system works seems similar to last years but it looks like there could be issues.

I would have preferred that to initiate a submission you would need to 'transition' to the appropriate ground position (major transition to throw legs up for a triangle, or minor transition to rotate off to cinch an arm-triangle, etc.)

You could then defend the transition to 'sub ground positions' (or counter them) and they wouldn't be so abrupt and easy to start. If they were harder to set-up you could make them more effective to balance it out.. just a thought.

# 532 gmac0322 @ 05/14/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Completely agree. They really took a lot of steps back when they removed the power (button mash) escape. There is a reason Rampage has only been submitted once in his career:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jOwYbMbm-s

There should be some type of punishment for attempting a submission on him. They have auto block transitions. There should be auto block subs.

Between the 4 fighters in the demo:
Evans 14 wins 2 by submission (both strikes) and none in the UFC
Machida 16 wins 2 by submission and 1 in the UFC
Jackson 30 wins 7 by submission and none in the UFC
Rua 19 wins 1 submission and none in the UFC

I didn't know that all four fighters were low on submission wins. that makes more sense that it is hard to get someone to tap using them.

# 533 thegut @ 05/14/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
Rampage should have a very low sub offense.. he doesn't have a single sub (or sub attempt even) in his MMA career since his first fight in pride. 20+ consecutive submission-less fights with legit organizations outweigh him choking out a few people in small time KOTC shows at the start of his career.

Can rampage sub people? Absolutely. Every MMA fighter can. Melvin Manhoef has probably trained gogoplatas.. but the logic this year is that fighters have moves tailored to their ring performances.. Rampage hasn't subbed anyone thus the low rating to prevent people from using him in an unrealistic manner.
Well that can be argued for everybody in the demo. I have never seen Rua attempt a omaplata (except a sorry one on Coleman). Nevermind the fact that his only submission win was against of all people Kevin Randleman. One of Machida's two subs was on Kickboxer Michael McDonald in K-1. None of them have impressive subs. If we were going to attempt true realism then basically everybody has a rear naked choke and Rua can have a leg lock and Machida can have a triangle. You are right about Rampage but it would have been better to just get rid of his subs and give him the ability to make someone tap due to strikes. Same with Evans. I guess what I'm getting at is that the submission system is just arbitrary in its current form. For something that is rare for the four fighters in the demo I bet I see on average 5 sub attempts a match on expert against the cpu. No one has ever been finished by an omoplata or a gogoplata in the UFC but both are going to be in 2010. I imagine it will be extremely unfun this year to play against Mir, Maia, or Nog. Just shine the whole damn time.

By the way I like your suggestion on having to transition into a position that is more conducive to sub attempts. That would be an excellent idea to minor transition to high guard and then work for subs. Hell right now Rua can Omoplata from closed bottom guard which would be tough to do on a corpse. The omoplata in my opinion should be a transition not a sub attempt.

# 534 Anaxamander @ 05/14/10 02:19 PM
The demo is fun, but I don't think it's enough to warrant a pre-order. I think I'll wait and see if the patch helps or hurts, and maybe by then it will be $39.99. Now, if you could use actual UFC fighters in career mode, I'd probably put some money down on it.

# 535 mikenoob @ 05/14/10 02:24 PM
Submissions were hard to get in the 09 demo too, but you can sure as hell make the cpu tap in the retail game.

# 536 eeyor @ 05/14/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Right now I'm not going to buy this game based off the demo. What is destroying the game for me is how the submissions are handled. Submissions need to be set up in real life. In this game if Rua gets you in side mount he can attempt a kimura over and over again by just clicking the sub button. This is ridiculous. A fighter in MMA just doesn't go for a sub when he feels like it. He sets it up with strikes or making a pass attempt. If he doesn't set it up it will fail every time. The last fight I just had on the demo I was beating the living crap out of Rua with Rampage. Just out playing him everywhere. I already rocked him twice in the fight. Then when I was attempting to get mount posture up he reversed me and got side mount immediately. No big deal. I was going to wait him out for a reversal since I was not in any real danger.....Then he attempts 4 freaking kimuras in a row. Well the last one got me. What absolute crap when you factor everything in. You have Rampage who was been subbed only once in his entire career 9 years ago. Third round when both fighters are very sweaty, which typically the odds of a sub are drastically reduced except for the rear naked choke (since being sweaty helps slip it in). Rua beat to a pulp. No attempt to set up the kimura by Rua, in real life Rampage would have just had to hold on to his shorts in order to stop it.

Sorry for my rant. There are so many better ways to implement subs and IMHO the chose the most half assed method.
as a defender you get a free transition everytime the attacker attempts a sub and looses it. so, you shouldn't be in a position that lets him attempt 4 subs in a row.
besides that, I totally agree with you. The whole thing needs to be redone. It is something that really pisses me off in the demo.
My Idea would be:
Submissions should be more like the normal ground game I think. Like when someone initiates a submission, he needs to successfully transition 3 times to be able to have a struggle for the tap.
The defender should be able to escape anytime he gets two minor transitions. If he reverses, he will either end in a dominant position, or for guys like rampage, get a brute force escape.
Stamina should drain slow but constantly, so that the attacker cannot just block transitions.
Sub offense and defense would, like the ground skills for the ground game, determine how easy it will be to transition to the next stage.
This would also enable the ability to throw punches during the submission, something I really miss since it was in the game last year.

# 537 allBthere @ 05/14/10 06:29 PM
I just want to be able to block submission attempts and maybe reverse them in a minor way like getting them out of position.

blocking them is needed though especially if I know even before they do that they're going to do that.

# 538 jeremym480 @ 05/15/10 01:14 AM
Is it just me or is Experienced to easy and Advanced is too hard?

# 539 eeyor @ 05/15/10 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Is it just me or is Experienced to easy and Advanced is too hard?
yeah, it is a hard bump up in difficulty if you go from experienced to advanced. However expert plays nearly the same to advanced so if you master advanced, you have nearly mastered the game, in terms of playing against the AI

# 540 texbuk84 @ 05/15/10 06:32 AM
One word: Awesome( well actually I have 3 words there but you get the point)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.