Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/05/10 01:28 AM
Do tell me something......maybe it is just a demo glitch.......but why does Rashad have a judo throw ?

Some more questionable things I have noticed after 50 games now........

Rashad and Machida are way too takedown happy in the demo. In real life they are more strikers then ground and pound fighters.

Why can't I use the kimura to sweep in a MMA game yet ? That would be very cool to see.

In the videos leading up to the demo release, I seen Machida perform a darce and anaconda choke on people, but don't see those sub moves listed for him in the demo.

What happened to the flying arm bar ?????

What happened to the body triangle ?

What happened to the rubber guard ?

How is it the cpu can be sweating hard but yet still have more stamina then my fighter who isn't sweating yet ?

Anybody else notice that as soon as the fight goes to the ground the crowd starts booing ??????? LOL

Has anybody pull off a transition sub move yet ???????? I swear with how quick they escape from subs, I don't see how it is even possible to transition into another sub move.

# 422 XFactah416 @ 05/05/10 02:52 AM
Rashad's a ground fighter.

He only got striking happy after he KTFO'd Liddell and Forrest, but in his last fight, he was a wrestler.

# 423 filtertmp @ 05/05/10 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
Rashad's a ground fighter.

He only got striking happy after he KTFO'd Liddell and Forrest, but in his last fight, he was a wrestler.
Well said, rashad has an impressive array of knockouts throughout his career but his base is wrestling.. look to the tito, thiago silva, bisping, etc. fights.

As for the specific moves (rubber guard, flying armbar, etc.) the idea I have heard is that fighters who haven't used specific moves don't get them (thus rashad gets a head kick and shogun gets an omoplata).

I would assume shogun and machida are both capable of all bjj moves but if they want to make the highest level stuff specific to certain fighters (like say maia or hazelett, etc.) to create variety then hey, whatever.

# 424 Luck911 @ 05/05/10 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Do tell me something......maybe it is just a demo glitch.......but why does Rashad have a judo throw ? .
In some fight in the UFC Evans did said Judo throw.Hence he has it

Quote:
Rashad and Machida are way too takedown happy in the demo. In real life they are more strikers then ground and pound fighters.
Machida goes for his leg trip takedown,Against any decent striker he faces.He took down Tito,Soku,Naka,hoger,Silva,etc,....If you go back and look Evans or Shogun he was trying it a couple times.As another poster said Evans got a little stand up happy after a couple KO the reality he is a ground fighter and he went back to his old ways in thiago silva fight.

It is shockingly accurate,Machida does not go takedowns as much against Shogun but against Rampage and Evans he keeps going for takedowns

Quote:
Why can't I use the kimura to sweep in a MMA game yet ? That would be very cool to see.
People are already complaining about "ooma plata sweep".The Sub system is one of those things that needs work.Subs need to work a little bit differently than how they do now.

Quote:
In the videos leading up to the demo release, I seen Machida perform a darce and anaconda choke on people, but don't see those sub moves listed for him in the demo.

What happened to the flying arm bar ?????

What happened to the body triangle ?

What happened to the rubber guard ?.
I will bet money that darce and anconda are one of those reverse subs,I forgot the exact name but in middle of some subs you can go for others subs.You won't see until you have person in that sub i think

In 2009 everybody got the generic bjj package,In 2010 moves are individual hence Machida and Shogun not have the rubber guard and body triangle something they have never done in mma match.Dustin Hazlett i full expect to have flying triangle and the rubber guard,Anderson Silva i expect to have body triangle.We won't have to deal with all those flying knees and superman punches from people who don't use that technique. Wanderlei does not have to be wrestling now either too

Quote:
Anybody else notice that as soon as the fight goes to the ground the crowd starts booing ??????? LOL

That is realistic

# 425 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/05/10 01:04 PM
I wish it was May 25th already.........With the overall ratings being so close this year, it is going to make it real hard to determine who I want to use in the online league.

I am glad I got the strategy guide on pre order too. For it seems it is going to come down to individual skill ratings for different skills and moves.

So far I have my eye on Hazlett, BJ Penn and Condit. I want to see how Dos Santos and Jon Jones is too.

# 426 Motown @ 05/05/10 02:31 PM
Wow...great impressions fellaz If anyone has an extra code, shoot one my way...would ya? thanks

# 427 Stumbleweed @ 05/05/10 02:35 PM
After getting utterly owned for 3 nights playing this game (I swear I only won twice, once by decision with Rua over Machida and again by freak KO, same fighters), I seem to have finally gotten the hang of the new features and can handle my business now on Expert. I noticed what others said on the difficulty levels -- seemed like I was getting a flash KO loss every time on Advanced, but could take it to decision on Expert using the same pacing. It's like the CPU pushes the fight more or the damage is tweaked slightly on Advanced where you get KO'd more easily.. I dunno, I just wanted to say that I noticed that too, even though I think Expert is still the best and most realistic difficulty (better pacing, CPU plays smarter, and is probably ultimately tougher than on other difficulty levels).

Now that I've gotten the hang of posturing up on the ground, the timing on sways (wish it was a dynamic sway system more along the FNR4 lines instead of a fixed and timed sway animation, but I'll live), and gotten some kind of handle on the clinch game, I've been able to control the fights for the most part. I really love being Rua against Machida and pushing the pace with leg kicks and trying to make him uncomfortable -- it's cool how the different fighters react to pressure and to losing the fight (seems like Machida shrinks away while Rampage tries a last-ditch effort to KO you).

I'm loving the boxing, the sway system makes it so much more effective compared to last year. I don't like how powerful/useful the LB strikes are, but hopefully there's some tweaking fatigue-wise or something to make the short quick punches a little more common and useful. I peppered Rampage with the jab as Rashad and it seemed effective in keeping him somewhat at distance and off balance, but I still got Flash KO'd easily by one of Rampage's LB uppercuts in the clinch. Just seems like if there's no severe damage penalty, it could become and issue with the really powerful fighters -- seems like if you land 3 or 4 of those as a powerful guy like Rampage, it's pretty much curtains.

so yeah, I'm very excited for the retail, especially against a human. I think the variets of situations that they added plus the expanded/personalized move lists will do a lot to take the staleness off of the online game that crept in early in 09. The ground system feels a little more open now but it isn't so easy to get mount or just reverse your way to full mount where the fights ended ~75% of the time in 09. The GnP is much more dynamic and less robotic, as is the clinch game (though the transition seem underpowered compared to the CPU, who can seem to get you in whatever clinch position they want and keep you there). The submission switching and all that will just make it even more fun against a person -- the predictability that the CPU is already displaying will be nullified by a human opponent... can't wait for the league and for the career mode (which seems much better than last year's, which I still had fun with).

Can't wait for my first gogoplata victory...

Also, I've seen fights end in KO (not TKO) from ground positions that I hadn't seen before. Rampage got back side control on me as Machida and landed 2 or 3 big LB shots to the head, which was enough to almost rock me (no grey screen) and he tagged me with another one that ended the fight immediately.

Another comment on the KOs -- hopefully there is more variety to the experience, as right now it's eiter 1) one-strike flash KO, with the winner standing there and/or starting to celebrate immediately after the strike lands (normally they jump on the wounded fighter until the ref stops it, it's very rare to blast them and KNOW they're done), 2) grey screen "helpless" TKO where they just jump on and pound away until the ref stops, or 3) the semi-rocked state where the fighter stumbles back a bit, this normally leads to a one-strike KO experience.

I LOVE that the stupid mouthpiece doesn't fly out all the time now, but the rag doll "dead on arrival" way they fall down and there is never any follow-up makes the KOs seem unrealistic. I know they probably didn't want it like last year where you can continue pounding them 6+ times after the ref stops the fight, but there should be some variety in the actual KOs.

# 428 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/05/10 02:50 PM
Yeah I am loving the fact you can KO or TKO people from any position now. I love having their back standing and just knee'ng them to death and then just suplex them to the mat.

Or bouncing them off the cage for a big slam.

# 429 Bad_Intentions @ 05/05/10 06:54 PM
How do you counter the suplex/slam while the CPU has double underhooks? I swear I see it coming and know it's coming but I can almost never stop it. I tried moving the right stick to the left, but that doesn't do it. Is it a timing thing? Do you have to flick it to the left and not hold it in that position?

Also how do you pull off the sweeps/reversals on the ground with shogun or machida?

Lastly how do you reverse or counter a takedown attempt? Last year I remember you could button mash, but this year do you have to flick the right stick either up, down, left or right?

# 430 Stumbleweed @ 05/05/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
How do you counter the suplex/slam while the CPU has double underhooks? I swear I see it coming and know it's coming but I can almost never stop it. I tried moving the right stick to the left, but that doesn't do it. Is it a timing thing? Do you have to flick it to the left and not hold it in that position?

Also how do you pull off the sweeps/reversals on the ground with shogun or machida?

Lastly how do you reverse or counter a takedown attempt? Last year I remember you could button mash, but this year do you have to flick the right stick either up, down, left or right?
I'm not sure how to reverse the slams (I'm guessing it's a RS flick like last year, but I dunno if it's directional or just a timing thing), but you basically grapple block by pressing RS away when you want to stop them from slamming you or transitioning in the clinch game. Normally if I see them get to underhooks or a body lock, I start holding RS away, as the slam is coming up next. That normally stops the attempt 2 or 3 times (like ground transitions, it seems to work automatically on #3 most of the time), but you have to transition out of trouble or you'll most likely end up on the mat. I hold RS away from my opponent when they try to slam me and it stops them most of the time... haven't experimented much with the flicking.

The ground reversals are the same as last year, find the proper point in the animation as it's triggering and just flick the RS to cause the reversal. I found the timing slightly more difficult for some positions, but about the same overall... I can reverse Rashad pretty much at will with Machida/Shogun, but it's a lot more difficult to reverse those guys with Rampage for example.

To prevent a takedown, hold RS away from the opponent as they shoot. You have to anticipate it to some extent or they seem to always get the takedown. There is another counter (might be wrestler-specific) where Rashad will get a single hook and toss them aside, preventing the takedown. I'm not sure how to trigger that, Darlon did a trial with it and wasn't very successful at getting it to happen... might be a random "takedown stuffed" animation that comes with certain guys rather than an actual command... no idea. But yeah, as soon as you see them shoot, hold RS away and you should stuff it more often than not.

Also, when they're trying to get you down against the cage (i.e. they tried a takedown but you got backed up against the cage and they have your head), I push RS away while holding LS towards them (think pushing off of the cage) and almost never lose that battle... I end up getting them into sprawl and nailing them with a few LB headshots before transitioning to back control or back to standing.

# 431 sonny21 @ 05/05/10 07:20 PM
I am getting good at the stand up, it's true you really have to fight realistically. I use lots of kicks, punches, and etc and dominate the cpu and they freaking win with one damn punch, pisses me off lol. That's why the KO's need to be toned down.

I still haven't learned how to posture up without getting reversed, this is when I am in full mount, I can posture in full/half guard and etc, although I would have to transition since they are obviously successful at the 3rd attempt.

Now someone said, when they are trying to reverse me, try to block it or something with the right stick flicking and that would posture me up, I really don't know how to do that properly.

If I learn how to properly posture up in FULL MOUNT position without getting reversed, I will be very happy.

# 432 Stumbleweed @ 05/05/10 07:26 PM
Just be careful with the minor transition timing, like with any transition. If you spam it against Machida, he'll probably end up reversing you. The only guys you can spam transitions against to gain position quickly are Rampage and (to a lesser extent) Rashad. When I get mount down, I normally land a blow or two and then start transition blocking to prevent them from pulling it to half guard, then do 1 or 2 quick minor attempts trying to pull the head up. It normally works on the 2nd or 3rd try depending what they're doing. Once the head's up, I see where they're blocking (generally the head) and pepper their body, watching them to quickly engage the transition block to keep them from rolling into halfguard up. As soon as I block it, I hold LS towards them (or up) and start blasting away with strong LB shots to do as much damage as possible before they manage to get up.

And yeah, I've had some sick knockouts. I tagged Rashad with Rua's signature fake right-then-high left head kick in the final second of a hard-fought match and blasted him for the win. The next fight I KO'd Rua with a Rashad high left kick ha, that time it was in the 2nd though. I also got Machida rocked and greyed out with a NASTY running knee to the body with Rua, then jumped on to finish it with the TKO. So awesome. I just hope there's more than one "fall" animation in the final game, all the KOs look the same.

# 433 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/05/10 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
I'm not sure how to reverse the slams (I'm guessing it's a RS flick like last year, but I dunno if it's directional or just a timing thing), but you basically grapple block by pressing RS away when you want to stop them from slamming you or transitioning in the clinch game. Normally if I see them get to underhooks or a body lock, I start holding RS away, as the slam is coming up next. That normally stops the attempt 2 or 3 times (like ground transitions, it seems to work automatically on #3 most of the time), but you have to transition out of trouble or you'll most likely end up on the mat. I hold RS away from my opponent when they try to slam me and it stops them most of the time... haven't experimented much with the flicking.

The ground reversals are the same as last year, find the proper point in the animation as it's triggering and just flick the RS to cause the reversal. I found the timing slightly more difficult for some positions, but about the same overall... I can reverse Rashad pretty much at will with Machida/Shogun, but it's a lot more difficult to reverse those guys with Rampage for example.

To prevent a takedown, hold RS away from the opponent as they shoot. You have to anticipate it to some extent or they seem to always get the takedown. There is another counter (might be wrestler-specific) where Rashad will get a single hook and toss them aside, preventing the takedown. I'm not sure how to trigger that, Darlon did a trial with it and wasn't very successful at getting it to happen... might be a random "takedown stuffed" animation that comes with certain guys rather than an actual command... no idea. But yeah, as soon as you see them shoot, hold RS away and you should stuff it more often than not.

Also, when they're trying to get you down against the cage (i.e. they tried a takedown but you got backed up against the cage and they have your head), I push RS away while holding LS towards them (think pushing off of the cage) and almost never lose that battle... I end up getting them into sprawl and nailing them with a few LB headshots before transitioning to back control or back to standing.
Watch rashad doesnt slam you from that. machida and shogun dont have slams from that position but rashad does and you have to time it to reverse it.

reversing a slam is just like reversing a transition

# 434 Salhus @ 05/05/10 08:44 PM
I'd like more TKO's too. Really exciting when you rock a guy and he starts backing up and you go into predator mode and try to finish him.

# 435 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/05/10 09:30 PM
Yeah that hook seem to be wrestler specific, Rampage and Rashad have it. While Rashad can only hook and swing you to the side, Rampage can literally toss you with that move. So maybe rampage is a level with that defense and rashad is only a level 2 ?

Or maybe it is because Rampage is stronger so therefore can reverse stronger ? I seen it several times I would try to shoot on Rampage and he would double under hook me and toss me on my arse with that move.

# 436 Salhus @ 05/06/10 02:12 AM
The demo seems like a karate game. Never seen that many headkicks in any fight before. I can think of 2 legit headkick KOs that i've seen in real life

# 437 oChaos_Nine @ 05/06/10 03:27 AM
I'm hoping the gameplay in the retail is a complete 180 is some ways because the more I play this demo the more I get disapointed with it. Playing on Expert and it's too easy and predictable, especially on the ground. Something needs to be done about the ground game because for me it's the same thing each time. Pepper shots, reverse, posture up, big shots, reverse, repeat till i get full mount then I can end it there by reversing over and over. I'd like the option to be able to stay in a certain position if I reverse the transition correctly and not be forced to advance.

I wanna be able to end fights by holding people down in a certain position and still be able to transition block to stay in that position. GSP can stay in full guard for an entire round and hold people there, Brock can hold Mir in side control and end the fight there. As of right now it's get to full mount or get back up.

# 438 eeyor @ 05/06/10 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
I'm hoping the gameplay in the retail is a complete 180 is some ways because the more I play this demo the more I get disapointed with it. Playing on Expert and it's too easy and predictable, especially on the ground. Something needs to be done about the ground game because for me it's the same thing each time. Pepper shots, reverse, posture up, big shots, reverse, repeat till i get full mount then I can end it there by reversing over and over. I'd like the option to be able to stay in a certain position if I reverse the transition correctly and not be forced to advance.

I wanna be able to end fights by holding people down in a certain position and still be able to transition block to stay in that position. GSP can stay in full guard for an entire round and hold people there, Brock can hold Mir in side control and end the fight there. As of right now it's get to full mount or get back up.
That is the same problem I see with the game. It is nice to have stats and ratings matter but imho they matter too much and take too much control away from the player. In 09 you knew when you do a transition block, it would in 99% of all cases block the transition, simple as that. In 2010 you don't know when a transition gets blocked, so you go for the next best solution and this is reversing the transition. But this automatically leads you to end up in mount in no time. Same with submissions. Why bothering having a depleting stamina bar if it is of no use. Even if the defender's bar is empty you are not sure if you will be able to pull of the submission. In 09 you knew if the opponents bar was empty and you had half of it left you would be able to submit him. In 2010 the success depends on so many other factors, that it is impossible to say if attempting a submission will have a chance of going through.
This makes the whole game feel "random" as the effect the player has on certain outcomes is minimized. The only predictable outcome surprisingly is one that shouldn't be predictable, namely flash KO's. You can know with certainty that after round 2 is completed, any counterpunch to the head will result in one.
Sad to say but in the demo it all seems reversed. Things that should lie in control of the player are not in his/her control and things that should be a more random occurance are pretty much predictable for the player.

# 439 sonny21 @ 05/06/10 05:34 AM
How do you guys reverse? I know it has something to do with right stick, and what just keep pressing in any position when you see the cpu trying to transition or something?

# 440 eeyor @ 05/06/10 06:02 AM
yeah you flick the right stick left/right (doesn't matter, what better suits you) as you see the cpu go for a transition. you need to be quick though.

Somebody got any tricks on the clinch game? On expert I can stand my chances aginst the cpu in blocking their transitions, however I cannot advance. So clinch game mostly ends in the ref splitting us. Any tips on the timing for successful transitions and reversals. I found that the window for reversing in the clinch is pretty small.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.