Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 481 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/08/10 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
Only fight between any of the four fighters that went to decision was Machida/Shogun. Machida knocked Rashad out, Shogun kneed the hell out of Rampage.

Granted that happened. but overall throughout their career, they don't have a reputation of being KO'ed often or early into the fight.

# 482 Jukeman @ 05/08/10 06:57 PM
Idk...

Guys are confusing THE UFC with K1...

Maybe its because the blocking vs Power strikes(too many power strikes and not enough blocking)

but put those aside, most of those power shots and multiple strikes should result in a knockdown, rocked moment or both at the same time...One punk ko's should be RARE...

Oh and if everyone has a high rate of "one punch/kick power"

Why use Rampage or Cro Cop???

Why bother using Kimbo when I could use Marcus Jones who prolly has the same chance of a one punch strike plus has a better move list???

If he was in the game, what is the point of picking James Toney???

# 483 filtertmp @ 05/09/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I blocked the right side of my head from a punch from Rashad, dipped the head a little and in perfect motion came back and KOd him with a left hook. It looked exactly like Rampage knocking out Silva where it was one fluid motion from block to punch.
That was like the first thing I noticed in the demo as well. In my first fight I had the exact same thing happen and was like... awesome.

They have rampage's high guard and and if not a signature lunging left, an eerily similar one.. pretty much perfect.

I am happy they changed people's blocking/guard (or at least the fighters in the demo) to look more realistic. Shogun's super high guard and lyoto's low guard both look good, as does rampage's tito-style elbow-curl on head strikes.

# 484 toine2983 @ 05/09/10 07:39 PM
I still suck at submissions. The closest I've come to executing one is by using the method Maniac posted a few pages back.

Has anyone gotten a "flash submission"? The CPU has gotten them on me (didn't even have a chance to start the shine either). Another submission question I have is how do you do submission switches and has anyone been successful with them?

Last question, how the hell do you "posture up" I move the left stick like the developer said in the 1st post demo Q&A but that hasn't work. I have postured up before (got a TKO with Machida after he postured up) but I don't know exactly what I did. Any help would be appreciated.

# 485 mikenoob @ 05/09/10 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toine2983
I still suck at submissions. The closest I've come to executing one is by using the method Maniac posted a few pages back.

Has anyone gotten a "flash submission"? The CPU has gotten them on me (didn't even have a chance to start the shine either). Another submission question I have is how do you do submission switches and has anyone been successful with them?

Last question, how the hell do you "posture up" I move the left stick like the developer said in the 1st post demo Q&A but that hasn't work. I have postured up before (got a TKO with Machida after he postured up) but I don't know exactly what I did. Any help would be appreciated.
I have gotten a flash submission before, but not against the CPU. I was playing my friend and the first round ending. I was on the bottom, so I applied the submission so he can't throw any punches for the last 10 seconds and I happened to submit him 2 seconds after applying it.

You can posture up in any position, but the open guard down, half guard down, and mount down. If you are in any position other than what I listed above, move the left stick in any direction and start throwing punches. People say you MUST hold left and right, but that's not true. You can also hold them up or down.

# 486 Salhus @ 05/09/10 08:58 PM
The issue with the amount of KO's is (hopefully) that the developers and such are trying to sell as many copies as possible. They think the casual fan is drawn to the KO. The hardcore fan is already going to buy because it's the only current title. So, they're pumping steroids into the demo.

Again, hopefully this is their mindset.

It will play out like this...two weeks after the "casual fan" purchases the game, they'll trade it in and go back to BC2/MW2 or move on to the next big game that drops that week. The voices of the "hardcore" community will grow and grow until THQ is forced to release a patch and bring the game back down to earth.

# 487 simgamer0005 @ 05/09/10 09:15 PM
Are rounds actually 5 minutes long or does the clock move superfast?

# 488 JoeMimic @ 05/09/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
Are rounds actually 5 minutes long or does the clock move superfast?
They're actually somewhere between 2-3 minutes long.

# 489 Phobia @ 05/10/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekilla
i really dont want to help any of you but most of you suck at subs dont aww forget it im not saying anything
What?????????

# 490 sb24 @ 05/10/10 10:37 AM
So I taught my girlfriend how to fight on the ground..... Now I am liking the ground game. It will need its tweaks (3 transitions) but overall I like the feel. Submission system is off but I am liking some of the other aspects.

I have no issue with the KO's. I dont expect much from the AI and whenever I am fighting another person the knockouts seem very fair. I think people expect to be able to have a Griffen/Bonner style of fight, throwing hands with little regard to defense.

# 491 oChaos_Nine @ 05/10/10 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekilla
i really dont want to help any of you but most of you suck at subs dont aww forget it im not saying anything
I'm guessing you want us to ask for your help or what you know that we don't. So I'll bite. Clue us in.

# 492 Lucky Lacy @ 05/10/10 03:33 PM
I love the demo so far but everytime I get to the mount down position and try to mount up, my guy (usually evans or machida) just gets off of my opponent. What am I doing wrong?

# 493 mikenoob @ 05/10/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lacy
I love the demo so far but everytime I get to the mount down position and try to mount up, my guy (usually evans or machida) just gets off of my opponent. What am I doing wrong?
You are doing a major transition instead of a minor transition.

# 494 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/10/10 03:52 PM
apparently not. that was the first real shot shogun landed.

# 495 Jukeman @ 05/10/10 04:59 PM
Not to mention I got KO'd when the CPU's punch broke threw my block(FNR4 style;Cool)

# 496 Stumbleweed @ 05/10/10 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Not to mention I got KO'd when the CPU's punch broke threw my block(FNR4 style;Cool)
There's some questionable KO detection for sure... I got kicked by Machida with Rua and it hit in the shoulder, but the animation on the KO made it look like it connected to the head with the way his head snaps, then he falls like a ton of bricks. It might've been a bruised shoulder IRL, but it was a highlight reel KO in this game.

Hope they iron some of that out, at least with the first patch... I like the balance for the most part, but they definitely need more "rocked" moments (both the helpless on the mat variety and the standing gray screen one) and the detection can use some work. Getting KO'd like a sack of potatoes through an arm blocking the kick isn't terribly realistic, even though it does happen on rare occasion.

# 497 sonny21 @ 05/10/10 05:46 PM
My biggest issue with KO's are when I have abused the cpu for 3 rounds, and I mean abused, from leg kicks that he can't even walk properly, body shots, gnp, and yet I get caught with one punch or leg kick and fight over.

I mean I guess it's realistic in the fact that a punch/leg kick can ko you, but the problem is where is the low stamina where I just kicked his *** for the first 3 rounds.

It's just too perfect of timing imo, it's always a counter KO. I have no problems getting KO even if I am kicking *** the whole game, but for him to have same energy/timing/stamina and etc (not just what the bar shows but actual gameplay) with all the beating I've give him kinda turns me off and like I said, it's too perfect in terms of timing of counter.

# 498 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/10/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM RULES
LOL...I guess you and your bro gooh will research every statistic in an effort too validate your claim. After I finish laughing, could you show me the statistics of MMA fighters taking 4-6 power shots to the head without falling? I think the results of those findings should put things back into context...lol
Garcia vs Korean Zombie?

# 499 Phobia @ 05/10/10 11:46 PM
Wow, mad respect Goh. You just went beast mode with the stats and pretty much beat Sim Rules down with knowledge

# 500 Phobia @ 05/10/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM RULES
??? I guess we are spinning our wheels now, and should leave this thread for others to express their opinions. I think I have made mine perfectly clear. We already have an arcade style fighting game called Fight Night, and I assume that EA's MMA game will be an extension of that. As a sim dude, I just prefer that games at least try to give the illusion of realism, especially with the fundamental elements of the sport.
I agree with your perspective Sim. I think you are perfectly correct about punch accuracy being the real issue and not the fact that the power shots do big damage. I also think a big factor of why power shots are thrown so much is the lack of stamina they burn. You should lose tons of stamina on throwing big bombs. Especially combos of power shots. You should be winded after a flurry of those. I think the full retail will have it toned down more so than the demo though honestly/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.